Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks thats what i figured.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default thanks for the spring rates

this can be extremely helpful when going to a bumpy track with low traction.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok...I have got to emmit it!! Love the car!! I just got myself an MTX-3 for the 1st time! ....and yesterday...get to reace it ! 1st time with the MTX3 on the track!!...and wow...the car was nice !! at the beginning!! just some tweeking it will be awsome!! I have the Impulse and 705 and I have to say! This Mugen is a littler easier car to work on. Some how..with my 705 I alwasy have the problem with the car. Nat that it's a bad..car...but..you sure have to put alot of work into it to make it work great! withc ...I did... and it work out fo rme nicely!...But...still a little glitch to fix...any ways.... out the the MTX3 and end un in 2nd in 30Min A main! I was very happy with the car! Tho..during the qualify .. I do have some problems.

I use the fron one way at 1st....and the front CVDs. I samp 2 and bend 1 of my CVD....all in the same side....(Right side) I didn't hit any thing that hard at all!! and that serprise the hack out of me?? Wonder how I did that?? But..some how I manage to drive 3wheels(with the front oneway) and get me in the A main. So...after 2 brocken CVDs (luckey me I have an extra set) and a bent one.... I decided to built the front diff ( Witch luckey...I have most the parts for it) I it was very stiff....I used my buddy HPI diff greese and the motor shim for hte gear shim...and it seem to work ok. ..after 30min of the race! all my CVD is in tack. Not a problem... So..the questions is...was it the oneway with the new MT12 that samp my CVD?? or was it just the CVD that is not so strong?? (3Raceing CVD).... any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ow...and I forgot to mension...I think...I might have convince..3 racer to leave their royal brand and get the MTX3!! LOL...

They like what I drive! and they like the price on the parts!

Oh..and here is the web site for my local racetrack.

www.wnyrcinfo.com
Old 09-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Re: Clutch adjustment

Originally posted by EnzoFerrari
I got my car running and im having a problem with my clutch setup. It's taking alot of rpm to engage. how do i adjust it to make it engage earlier? Is it by loosing up the collar that holds the spring? Or by removing washers in the front of the clutch?
the easiest way to adjust the clutch is to screw the nut right down until it stops then come out 1 full turn you should have no problems then
Old 09-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Tech Initiate

I seem be having problems with my clutch. im not sure if it's something to do with my brakes or what. I made the screw real loose and i'll try it in a few minutes. My car rev's very high before it goes anywhere. My clutch endplay is set to about .4mm.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

I seem be having problems with my clutch. im not sure if it's something to do with my brakes or what. I made the screw real loose and i'll try it in a few minutes. My car rev's very high before it goes anywhere. My clutch endplay is set to about .4mm.
Too much spring tension, for starting, go threading until you see one or a little les than two thread lines on your spring adjuster. 0.4mm of clutch endplay is a very good number.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Just FYI, less space on the clutch bell play is easier on the thrust bearing, especially if you are running powerful engine with late engagement
Old 09-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Initiate

what would happen if the spring adjustment was too loose?
i tried it and my car is much worse. I will try tighten it all the way and one turn out and see what happens.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey i have a used mtx3 for sale w/ rossi pixi outlaw engine. Spare chassis, aluminum a-arms(only front upper installed) green/red turnbuckle links, and 3 racing hop ups. Will come with 4 bodies. Anyone interested?
Old 09-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok ill have it $50 posted
Old 09-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by FREAKAH
In Hawaii!

And look around................not a single grass shack to be found.
where in hawaii? is there a website for that track?
Old 09-01-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

cartman- are u refering to my car?
Old 09-01-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

what would happen if the spring adjustment was too loose?
i tried it and my car is much worse. I will try tighten it all the way and one turn out and see what happens.
if it is too tight then the clutch will never engage for a few reasons, first the spring compressed too much and the coils touches when the flyweight expend to push the shoe outward, it will just slipping and slipping and overheated the clutch bell.

second the clutch wont engage till like half throttle since it is so tight! you might want to set it up to where the point when you blimp it, it doesnt engage
Old 09-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mtx3racer
cartman- are u refering to my car?
yep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.