Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 10:57 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I run in a parking lot as well

people here are using 40 ~ 45 front and rear and their cars seem to grip pretty well

I am using 37's

however, dont expect too much traction from the parking lot surface, it is a far cry from the traction u will find on proper track surfaces
Old 08-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MTX3

From the box , MTX3 is overall a car to beat. It's a foam car, but also works very well on low bite tracks( Thats using rubber tires). For high bite tracks, with foams, its a killer on the track, running the 37's all the way round, some use 40's front 37's rear, no matter, it works. The only thing I would do is, find more taller gears for big tracks. Which I use my MRX3 gearing sometimes. They did a very good job in the new MTX3!!
Old 08-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know this is a MTX-3 thread but couldn't find anything on the MSX-3. I don't know much about this car, can anyone help? Please? I am getting into the nitro sedans but not sure what I want. So far the MTX-3 is at the top of the list. I'm sure you all know that the MSX-3 is a shaft drive but it looks like a RTR car and I really don't want something like that unless it is a great car. Thanks for any and all help.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The msx 3 is a lower step down from the mtx 3. mugenseiki.com has some info about the car
Old 08-30-2003, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've driven the MSX-3 and found it to be a poor car, handling wise. It can take a beating though. I think it's a tougher car than the MTX-3. If you have a permanent track to run on, then go for the MTX-3.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:32 AM
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Front anti roll bar and eccentric adjustment?

Can anyone comment on the proper way to adjust the eccentric adjuster on the front roll bar. I have noticed that I have to mess with it to get the droop even on the front, is this how its done?
Old 08-30-2003, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Front anti roll bar and eccentric adjustment?

Originally posted by TAW
Can anyone comment on the proper way to adjust the eccentric adjuster on the front roll bar. I have noticed that I have to mess with it to get the droop even on the front, is this how its done?
yeah this is probably something you wouldn't pick up on unless you race with experienced racers. make sure they are both pointing the same way. a few degrees difference and it will lift, or drop the arm.

adjust those "things" with the ears so that your swaybar is horizontal when car is on the ground. by moving the ears you can make the swaybar blades point up or down.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:45 AM
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Front anti roll bar and eccentric adjustment?

I assume we are talking about the same thing but you imply that there are two of them, the adjuster I am talking about is on the left hand side sway bar mount....right?

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
yeah this is probably something you wouldn't pick up on unless you race with experienced racers. make sure they are both pointing the same way. a few degrees difference and it will lift, or drop the arm.

adjust those "things" with the ears so that your swaybar is horizontal when car is on the ground. by moving the ears you can make the swaybar blades point up or down.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I've driven the MSX-3 and found it to be a poor car, handling wise. It can take a beating though. I think it's a tougher car than the MTX-3. If you have a permanent track to run on, then go for the MTX-3.
Thanks RCMIKE and Racing4Evo, that answered my question. I had already checked on their site. I want a great handling car that is fast, and easy to work on if you need to. Thanks again.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Front Shock preload adjustment

Im Still putting my car together and i don't get the front shock preload? It looks like it needs to go all the way down in order to touch the shock. Why is the front spring so small? What's the proper way to set the preload setting for the front shocks?
Old 08-30-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

yes, the collars need to be placed relatively close to the bottom of the threads, i wondered about the same thing too
Old 08-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

The springs are funny, I was going to use rear springes in the front for this weekend race, and see if that helps any.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Default .

I changed the plastic seating to a higher one, 2mm.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nolimit
The springs are funny, I was going to use rear springes in the front for this weekend race, and see if that helps any.
same colour spring, and the front is stiffer!! being less coils

i now use associated springs as do the Uk rubber team
Old 08-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Front Shock preload adjustment

Originally posted by EnzoFerrari
Im Still putting my car together and i don't get the front shock preload? It looks like it needs to go all the way down in order to touch the shock. Why is the front spring so small? What's the proper way to set the preload setting for the front shocks?
the correct pre load is determind by the ride hieght!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.