Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: CARTMAN.....

Originally posted by FREAKAH
I just read about the Microtech MTX-3 carbon shocktowers on their website. It claims that they are specially designed for rubberclass racing and for a more linear shock action.

How, in your opinion, has these shocktowers changed/helped the handling characteristics of your MTX-3(vs. the stock towers)?

I may be interested in a set of these if they help improve rubber handling. My current set-up is good already but with the intense competition a my local track, every little bit helps. I need the edge!

Thanks!
all the uk team use them, they are alot better . very rarely use roll bars, mine are actullt 1/2 thickness blades, and we run associated springs to, also run rear stiffer than the front. handles very much likea tc3 very nimble!
Old 08-23-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Cool!!

Do you know of a US distributor?
Old 08-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I need help from you guys. Are the MTX3 pinion gears the same as the MTX2 Centax pinion gears?

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP
Old 08-23-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think so
Old 08-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by nitrodude
I need help from you guys. Are the MTX3 pinion gears the same as the MTX2 Centax pinion gears?

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP

The MTX2 gears didn't have the shoulder. But they still work just fine!
Old 08-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mtx3racer
its shifting really later and still sticking. I have it shift late so the 2 spd. shoes does extend to far, but any time i try to early my shift point it sticks. By sticking i mean it hits second then back to first for a few laps then shift again and stays in second.
I believe it is just a simple issue! I have seen quite a few ppl has this problem, but once I reset it the problem went away!

Here is what you need to check:

1. the set screw on both end of the clutch shoe, everytime when I see this situation 10 out of 10 is due to the gap between the 2nd speed housing and the shoe is too far apart! you need to turn the set screw in to close the gap. (once you have done that the shifting transition will be very smooth too!

the reason why it got stuck is the copper sleeve inside the screw to adjust shifting point got stuck with the shoe itself.

Hope it helps!
Old 08-24-2003, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Cool!!

Do you know of a US distributor?

sorry no, but mail kevin at microtech and tell him you spoke to me and he will ship you some out
Mark
Old 08-25-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Default Thanks again Cartman!!

I'll email Kevin.

I appreciate your help!
Old 08-26-2003, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

I guess it's all said and done regarding our car.

Any idea what we could talk about?
Old 08-26-2003, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default Requests for the new version of the MTX

Originally posted by stefan
I guess it's all said and done regarding our car.

Any idea what we could talk about?
We can do a Request List for the next version of the car, like this, please consider complete it accordingly to your ideas/desires:

Dear Mugen Designers:

We are proud owners of the MTX3 car and is a superb car who handles like a dream, their plastics are durable but... On the threads regarding this car, there aren't things about discuss and we're quite bored, that's not fair, we want to take a good ride and enjoy in the threads, please, take this suggestions in mind for your next release of a car:

- Worse standard setup. Is too boring to put the standard setup and with subtle mods, have a car who handles like a killer. We want a twitchier car, difficult to setup and rude to handle who makes us sweat, like the S***** 705.
- Worse plastic quality. We run hours and hours, sometimes brushing quite hard the boards and none breaks (well some troglodites are capable of breaking the plastics ). How about making some parts weaker and makes us to visit more frequently our HS and bench racing with the buddies there and buying more parts?.
- Make it eye candy: Doesn't matter if adds weight or makes the car too pimpin'. If it shines, sure it quick (HPI sic).
Old 08-26-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 08-26-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

I agree!!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Requests for the new version of the MTX

Old 08-26-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

How about MTX-3 "Corse-R edition" fully down spec...all upgrades required.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Requests for the new version of the MTX

Originally posted by Corse-R
We can do a Request List for the next version of the car, like this, please consider complete it accordingly to your ideas/desires:

Dear Mugen Designers:

We are proud owners of the MTX3 car and is a superb car who handles like a dream, their plastics are durable but... On the threads regarding this car, there aren't things about discuss and we're quite bored, that's not fair, we want to take a good ride and enjoy in the threads, please, take this suggestions in mind for your next release of a car:

- Worse standard setup. Is too boring to put the standard setup and with subtle mods, have a car who handles like a killer. We want a twitchier car, difficult to setup and rude to handle who makes us sweat, like the S***** 705.
- Worse plastic quality. We run hours and hours, sometimes brushing quite hard the boards and none breaks (well some troglodites are capable of breaking the plastics ). How about making some parts weaker and makes us to visit more frequently our HS and bench racing with the buddies there and buying more parts?.
- Make it eye candy: Doesn't matter if adds weight or makes the car too pimpin'. If it shines, sure it quick (HPI sic).
wow........ you are going to piss some people off...... but

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.