Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jump 7 Miles
Wow! You guys are too serious.

The guys simply were joking with their friends and some one don't like it already.

The guy simply pointed out this thread is mostly BS and some one don't like it already.

No matter what, I think this thread is OK becasue at least you guys are not kissing each other's a$$.
hmm, we need some snake repellent here !
Old 08-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jump 7 Miles
Wow! You guys are too serious.

The guys simply were joking with their friends and some one don't like it already.

The guy simply pointed out this thread is mostly BS and some one don't like it already.

No matter what, I think this thread is OK becasue at least you guys are not kissing each other's a$$.

Last edited by Ah10; 08-23-2003 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Must be snake season!
Old 08-23-2003, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

winter is coming, snakes are finishing their last meal and getting ready for the long night sleep

is the belt for 16/19 conversion still avaliable?
Old 08-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fire
is the belt for 16/19 conversion still avaliable?
PM Corse-R.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Ah10
Oh my god! you are amazing! with 13 posts I wonder how far back have you gone through in this thread! Do you know what we are talking about at all? do you have the slightest idea?? if you dont I suggest you keep reading and I am sure you will learn alot! Learning is much better then bashing others!
Just ignore him, ah10. The guy comes here and there from time to time. Just like "those" we have seen recently, or "those" we have missed them. Besides, don't take thing so personally. It's just the opinions which people all have different ones.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default OK (heard) but my only point was..

Look at pages the end of 248 and all of 249. Come on, tech info?? Contributions to the forum?? If you all think so I'll sit back and shut the hell up but damn
Kevin
Old 08-23-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

i guess it's ok to chat a little
after all this hobby is for fun
Old 08-23-2003, 10:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

My 2 cents

If there is nothing related to the MTX-3 to talk about, then there is nothing about the MTX-3 to discuss, it's as simple as that. There is no point in forcing people to discuss issues about the car, just for rambling sakes. If you or someone else has a question to ask, just ask it, and I'm sure SOMEONE will answer it, but maybe anything less than 50 answer won't make you happy...I don't know.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

does anybody have problems w/ the 2 speed sticking? I have it set exactly the way factory is. Is there anyone that uses a lube? Thanks
Old 08-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

how do you mean sticking? changing early or later???
Old 08-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

its shifting really later and still sticking. I have it shift late so the 2 spd. shoes does extend to far, but any time i try to early my shift point it sticks. By sticking i mean it hits second then back to first for a few laps then shift again and stays in second.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mtx3racer
its shifting really later and still sticking. I have it shift late so the 2 spd. shoes does extend to far, but any time i try to early my shift point it sticks. By sticking i mean it hits second then back to first for a few laps then shift again and stays in second.
Time for a complete disassembly of the shoes and a complete cleaning of the 2nd speed bell. Take your time when assembling another time and remember to put a dab of grease on the balls (Ron Paris green grease is mine preferred) that go on the shoes and adjust the clearance via the center screws.

Check and clean throroughly the side springs and ditch it and replace it under the minimum suspect of the having lost their force or seeing signs of rust over their surface.

Clean the bell where the shoe locks and get some 120 grit paper and run slightly where the shoes ride to promote better grip. Examine the shoes and remove any rests of grime or metal that can get. This can score your bell and give weird shifting. If the bearing on the bell feels gritty, replace the 2nd gear housing (rare, but seen some cases, that bearing only supports and spins the bell, any kind of gripping force is made by the shoes vs. the bell).
Old 08-23-2003, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok thanks, i will try that, will white lithium grease work?
Old 08-23-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Default CARTMAN.....

I just read about the Microtech MTX-3 carbon shocktowers on their website. It claims that they are specially designed for rubberclass racing and for a more linear shock action.

How, in your opinion, has these shocktowers changed/helped the handling characteristics of your MTX-3(vs. the stock towers)?

I may be interested in a set of these if they help improve rubber handling. My current set-up is good already but with the intense competition a my local track, every little bit helps. I need the edge!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.