Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Pinion gear Q

Originally posted by hicheef
Do these things thread on normally or are they reverse threaded? I don't change gears much.......well never, i did build it but it was a while ago. I sent a pic of what I'm talking about.........Threw in another of the 2.1 body I just finished, love that body. Any input on the pinios situation is much appreciated!!!
Thanks,
KEV
the pinions are "normal" threaded
Old 09-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Mugen Shocks

Originally posted by tIANcI
I need to find out something. I built my shocks well but I notice that after a day's outing ... the damper will not work smoothly. What I mean is that you build the shocks, the damp well (w/o springs). Run the car a whole day and when you remove the springs the damper will not fully extend the shaft out. Also when I open the dampers, the diaphram is 'dented'.

As for the rear springs, the oils will get dirty after like 2 days running. Anyone with the same experience or did I do something very wrong!

it usually and only happens at rear shocks especally at the left rear shock. this shock receives waste gas/oil + tire debris and the shaft brings the dirts into the shock.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Mugen Shocks

Originally posted by tIANcI
Rocket, I hate to say this but you cannot brake hard at all with a one way, unless you are saying that you set the brakes to allow it to merely scrub the disks only. I set my car that way so that I can gently ease the car into the corner after the fastest staight.

Originally posted by Manticore
ron, what you are describing is what we call "drag brake"

as simple as that you set a little bit of brake when you release your throttle and the brake will be applied at the preset braking level but on gas car, braking level will fade away especially in the final. it is fairly consistent on electric ESC setting as your dont have a brake pad there will wear off.

Funny,

Rocket Ronbo Qualified 3rd in the "A" main at the nationals among a bunch of top tier PRO drivers(Hara, Tosolini, Easton, etc..) AND is a veteran in the nitro scene....... but some of us here are seemingly telling him that his advice is wrong or treating him like he's a rookie.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Mugen Shocks

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Funny,

Rocket Ronbo Qualified 3rd in the "A" main at the nationals among a bunch of top tier PRO drivers(Hara, Tosolini, Easton, etc..) AND is a veteran in the nitro scene....... but some of us here are seemingly telling him that his advice is wrong or treating him like he's a rookie.
hey freakah !!

were you saying i am treating him wrong?
Old 09-08-2003, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Give d' man some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!! Hahaha ...

I have not tried drag braking but was told by some drivers that it works well. I went for a B main race with a diff and after pushing a little too hard for 15 min I had brake fade on the standard pads!!! I think with a one way now I will not have that. Will drag brake cause that (brake fade) too?
Old 09-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Mugen Shocks

Originally posted by Manticore
hey freakah !!

were you saying i am treating him wrong?

Well, I may have worded it wrong............

......but give Rocket Ronbo some respect. I'm sure he knows exactly what "Drag Brake" is, and I don't think that was the technique he was describing.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've driving before at Revelation Raceway( where the Nationals were held) ansd you do use brakes. Ron is right, you can use brakes and it is quicker. What I do for Rev' is dial in as much brake as I can until I feel the car get a little squirrly. When you use the brakes, you can get the car to rotate around the corner faster giving the the inside line from corner to corner. If you coast it around, you'll end up wide in every corner and loose a huge amount of time to the other guys that are using brake.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mugen Shocks

Originally posted by FREAKAH
......but give Rocket Ronbo some respect. I'm sure he knows exactly what "Drag Brake" is, and I don't think that was the technique he was describing.
The Rocket is the man... good luck at the 1/8th Worlds Ron! You to Leo V!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just got myself a mtx-3. Wanted to find out from you folks what are the 'must' mods to the car? I'm not looking for the bling factors. Mainly want to know what are some of the problem areas of the car and the fixes. Thx.

Btw anyone here races at RCCAR.COM??

G
Old 09-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congratulations on getting the fastest 1/10 competition nitro TC on the planet. The only two options I have on my car are Mugen front universals, part #T0245 and Mugen aluminum wheel hubs, part #T0142.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by loosenut
Just got myself a mtx-3. Wanted to find out from you folks what are the 'must' mods to the car? I'm not looking for the bling factors. Mainly want to know what are some of the problem areas of the car and the fixes. Thx.

Btw anyone here races at RCCAR.COM??

G
I like that term "Bling Factors"

Now the really must have items are the followings:
1. Mugen CVD
2. Aluminum Hex Hub.
3. Depends on each track, mugen thicker rear sway bar, (if I am not mistaken it is 2.5mm.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default MTX2

I couldn't find a thread for the MTX2 so I'll ask here. A local racer at my track has a MTX2 that he will sell me cheap. It has been very well taken care of and maybe has 12 runs on it...is it still a good car? I want the MTX3 but it is just for local racing. This car was adult owned by someone who took good care of the car. I been racing for 15 years and want to try nitro sedans. Thanks for any and all the info!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Drag Brake

Manticore

No I do not use drag brake... I use varying amounts of brake around the track.. (what ever is needed to stay on the racing line or get back into it )

tIANcI

I use full brake meaning just shy of spinning the car out in a straight line, if I am turning it would spin the car out. I adjust the amount I move the trigger to what is required to get around the track

What I mean is that I will use full brake going into the 180's and 1/4 brake to get the car to turn in more, or half brake if needed in some of the slower corners. This is at all tracks, permanent of parking lot. Just remember to adjust your brakes as to not spin the car out..

Oh yea just to let you guy's know who don't know me I have been racing for over 21 years... I have been a main stay at Losi but recently have been giving a chance to run the Mugen cars since January, for at least this year..

I don't post to see my words on the screen (I do read most of the posts though) but all who have private messaged or asked me questions in this forum know I answer (to the best of my ability) there questions or give my advice.

Thanks Kev

We (Leo, Gil, and I hope to show well at the worlds)
Old 09-08-2003, 12:39 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just thought I'd chime in..

Ron has helped me quite a bit... He's a good guy to listen to... Ron... You rock.

As far as brakes go. I honestly used very minimal brakes when I first got the car. Took me about two weeks, but when I started using brakes, and hard, I drove much better, and not only that, with the one-way and good brakes, I was able to really dive under people and out brake people on a sweeper coming off the backstretch. Just a though.... It's something worth trying if you don't.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ron: You the MAN !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.