Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Im2lazy
I've seen a preproduction one have a go at our track (funny b/c I'm from out in the middle of the Pacific ), when Kris Moore came over for the state champs... He won... he was so fast. It was unbelievable racing that weekend, supers were close.... Anyway he was really fast, and he only had an MR12 going against five ports and anything else. He and reynold were going around the track at speeds that we hadn't seen b4 so I can say its going to be a good car.

However, by the end of the straight, his car really lost its legs. maybe he hadn't brought any extra gears with him (or they weren't availible to him; or it could've been the engine thing) but this is where Reynold would catch any space that he lost.

(FREEKAH; what happened in the last race... I had to run I don't know how Reynold didn't get #2, or maybe I just don't remember)

Kris donated the car to our club, and we had a raffle for it. I was taking donations to try and win the car (I needed a new one bad @ the time & you all probably don't know how much I really needed a new car) and he also donated an MR-12 as well! Very generous of him, but I haven't seen the car up close but my dad did (doesn't count for much b/c he only knows that rc cars cost a lot of money) so I can't comment on any changes they've made since he came.
Actually, that was a normal production model MTX-2 that was sitting in th display case at Mugen USA. Everything was stock and this wasn't no Pro-Spec either, just a regular all diff MTX-2.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

okay now that pisses me off! . I think I was either hallucinating or someone was getting me good

Have any Deja Vu instances got you in trouble b4? I don't know but it seems to happen to me more than anyone else. Maybe I should never dream off ever again
Old 11-10-2002, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Unhappy

At least I knew he was using the MR 12 and dual diffs...

one time I asked if these two people got back together... but they never broke up... (run away)...Something must be wrong w/ my diet or I should eat less b4 I sleep...
Old 11-10-2002, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

anything on the body? i hate to be a pain,but im really curious cause i dont want to butcher my body!!
Old 11-10-2002, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

whoops,sorry
Old 11-10-2002, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

It would be hard to pull that off with an airbrush, you'd need to do a fair bit of detailed shadow work... i think you should decrease the amount of Blocks to like 4 on the hood. Too much is too much. If your eyes don't know where to look, its not good.

Also Blue and yellow don't go best with grey. They can work if you have a neon yellow and a neon green, a royal blue ( I think, I've never been good at explaining blues) and white. Use little green and Yellow and use mostly white, but it'll seem like there is a lot of blue. Yu might want to do away with the block though, or you'll have to do it as a pattern that is out of the way. That's what I think.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Negative soldier, make it brighter
Old 11-10-2002, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

I like this version better Chaos. The teal in the last version clashed too much. This is alot easier on the eyes. that's my 2 cents.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

instead of the grey, i was actually going to go with that new aclad chrome
Old 11-10-2002, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Thumbs up

thanks for the tips stefan i will try the shoes in a trailing position and i have drilled and threaded holes in the shoes so i can further adjust the diff to suit my driving
Old 11-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

I'd still say too many and too much bright colors. The chrome would clash less, but I still suggest decreasing the # of squares.

So your using an airbrush, you'll have to put more contrasts so that, as I said, not too many colors. You need some bright colors and some that don't stand out so much. otherwise, as I can personally attest to, your car will look to much like a circus tent (not attractive )
Old 11-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Nitrochaos, if u want to get some solid ideas for a touring car paint scheme you should visit a real touring car racing website. The real touring Hondas, Vauxhaulls, VWs, Audis, BMW's etc. are what inspire the paint schemes for their smaller RC counterparts.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default MTX-3!!!!

Check out

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=9437
Old 11-11-2002, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i just came from crystal park yesterday and robbie
showed up with the new car and won with it.
from what i saw the car was very flat and stable
in the corners the car looked really good and
after seeing it in person $350 doesn't seem too
much any more.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Francis - Was he running the kit tires? I just came from Elite and he said he had 10 and they're all gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.