R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-18-2005, 06:26 AM   #1321
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

I just looked at rc-union again and now they list it at 370.00. Supply and demand.....
Old 10-18-2005, 06:47 AM   #1322
Tech Regular

going4#1,

hope can help...

- Front CVDs - Mugen optional part no. T0245
- Rear CVDs - Mugen optional part no. T0249
- Single Piece Engine Mount - those fits MTX-3 can be used. Beware of the back, some may touch the side belt tensioner.
- Vented Disc Brakes - Mugen optional part no. h0369 or other brands.
- Long lasting brake pads - Mugen optional partno. C0361, it's for MBX but fits, if you get serious, the Kyosho APP pads can be used but need to drill the hole larger.
- Titanium Steering rods - Mugen T0804 or others
- Lightened centre shaft - same as MTX-3. I'm using 3racing products.
- Aluminium centre bearing block - not available, waiting for KAWAHARA products.

rgds
FF25510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:01 AM   #1323
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I just looked at rc-union again and now they list it at 370.00. Supply and demand.....
So, can we agree now that all that bitching and moaning about the price of the MTX4 was unnecessary BS, Major League BS?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #1324
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Yeah at 370.00 plus shipping your going to be in the 400.00 range to your door in the US. At 350.00 it was a good deal I think and I wanted it now...wa...wa...wa . Mugen USA shouldn't worry too much about the loss of a few bucks in revenue because, I am sure I will more than make it up with the purchase of spares to race it hard.

JEFF
Old 10-18-2005, 08:32 AM   #1325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Yeah at 370.00 plus shipping your going to be in the 400.00 range to your door in the US. At 350.00 it was a good deal I think and I wanted it now...wa...wa...wa . Mugen USA shouldn't worry too much about the loss of a few bucks in revenue because, I am sure I will more than make it up with the purchase of spares to race it hard

JEFF
Order it from your LHS and save shipping and the car will be the exact same price as the MTX3 was when it came out......
Old 10-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #1326
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

When the car is not yet been released in USA.........I don't know where are the $450-480 price tag of MTX4 came from...
Just a simple comparison......$450 is what a Prospec loaded with option...? And why the MTX4 is the same price.......? If so....guess what is the price for MTX4 prospec will be..? $600...?

$450 might be what you have to pay if you want the car ASAP....I am glad that we have 12" of snow here and indoor carpet for the winter.........when the time I am ready for the MTX4, it should be the price range like RRR and 710....

Please wait and see..........probably within the next week or so the question will be answered.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:14 AM   #1327
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
When the car is not yet been released in USA.........I don't know where are the $450-480 price tag of MTX4 came from...
Just a simple comparison......$450 is what a Prospec loaded with option...? And why the MTX4 is the same price.......? If so....guess what is the price for MTX4 prospec will be..? $600...?

$450 might be what you have to pay if you want the car ASAP....I am glad that we have 12" of snow here and indoor carpet for the winter.........when the time I am ready for the MTX4, it should be the price range like RRR and 710....

Please wait and see..........probably within the next week or so the question will be answered.
It is answered. The first two shops have it in their online shops, one for 370, the other one for 395.
In 4 weeks it will be 350-370.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:22 AM   #1328
Tech Champion

My LHS $350 - $360 that's it. Otherwise, that's it !!!
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:47 AM   #1329
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
My LHS $350 - $360 that's it. Otherwise, that's it !!!
That depends on when and how offen you visit your LHS.

I don't know about your LHS. The LHS here (for me) does occasionally match (or at least get close to) the online price...........for me, it is not a problem to pay a little bit more then the online price, cause I can touch and look at the kit first before buying it. Not to mention, sometime like HB Cyclone when the first batch of the kits are packed with the wrong bulkhead.......thats when the service of the LHS kicks in........

Ask your shop and see they can get a close to online price deal for you.......
Old 10-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #1330
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The bottomline is, US pricing is different then what these guys are coming up with ($350 range). They aren't even quoting anything from a U.S. hobby shop or from a U.S. distributor. So not quite sure why anyone from the U.S. and planning to buy their "U.S. kits" are listening to these guys. If these guys have any in's with HRP and call them, they'll know $350 isn't possible. The pricing of this very first batch from Mugen to HRP is already set, period! If your hobby shop is ordering from HRP and you are getting the kit from them, good luck getting it for $350.

Here is a first legit price from U.S. hobby shop, not somewhere from Hong Kong or Indonesia!!!

http://www.rcbazaar.com/products.php?cat=1

Dom
Old 10-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #1331
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
The bottomline is, US pricing is different then what these guys are coming up with ($350 range). They aren't even quoting anything from a U.S. hobby shop or from a U.S. distributor. So not quite sure why anyone from the U.S. and planning to buy their "U.S. kits" are listening to these guys. If these guys have any in's with HRP and call them, they'll know $350 isn't possible. The pricing of this very first batch from Mugen to HRP is already set, period! If your hobby shop is ordering from HRP and you are getting the kit from them, good luck getting it for $350.

Here is a first legit price from U.S. hobby shop, not somewhere from Hong Kong or Indonesia!!!

http://www.rcbazaar.com/products.php?cat=1

Dom
So, do you think that is the price for the MTX4 because it is the first batch..? Or that will be the price set for MTX4 from now on.....?
I will not be surprised to see the 4 will be $450 for the first couple months, but if that is the price for good...........I cannot imagine the price for the loaded 4 prospec will be..........

P.S....another reason why more and more ppl are going for 1/8th, pretty soon, 1/8th will be a lot cheaper then 200mm........
Old 10-18-2005, 10:04 AM   #1332
Tech Champion

That's our deal price, LHS promised to sell $350, and I made the same promise to take the car no matter what.

I have wild idea to put Hitec 5955TG servos in it. All Hail to King of Torque 24kg
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-5955tg.jpg  

Last edited by asw7576; 10-22-2005 at 01:46 AM.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:20 AM   #1333
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to gfd2726

Winner's cirle (U.S hobby shop) emailed me the price for a MTX4 kit (that I preordered from them) and it's at $450 + shipping and they usually has one of the best price on their kits.
gfd2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:24 AM   #1334
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
So, do you think that is the price for the MTX4 because it is the first batch..? Or that will be the price set for MTX4 from now on.....?
I will not be surprised to see the 4 will be $450 for the first couple months, but if that is the price for good...........I cannot imagine the price for the loaded 4 prospec will be..........

P.S....another reason why more and more ppl are going for 1/8th, pretty soon, 1/8th will be a lot cheaper then 200mm........
The funny thing is I came from 1/8th scale, I only raced 3 200mm races this year.

That could be a possibility that the future kits might be cheaper, or might not. I don't know since I don't work for Mugen USA nor HRP. I didn't come on to stir things up, but rather to educate the U.S. racers instead. Too many people are quoting cheaper price from outside the U.S. and people think that's the U.S. pricing. And don't matter why our price is potentially higher, we should be buying U.S. kits anyway. If Mugen USA does some kind of future support, recall, upgrades, or what not.... if you are holding an Asia kit, you are SOL.

At the end, dig back to your economics class. Inflation within the last 2 years since MTX3 came out. Gas prices for the boat and trucks.

Maybe each kit in U.S. is autographed by the whole Team Mugen USA!!!

Dom
Old 10-18-2005, 10:25 AM   #1335
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd2726
Winner's cirle (U.S hobby shop) emailed me the price for a MTX4 kit (that I preordered from them) and it's at $450 + shipping and they usually has one of the best price on their kits.
Absolutely, Lee has some of the absolute BEST pricing in the U.S.!!!

Dom