Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Doki they did not upgrade it to a standard RRR
there are 4 RRR to choose from
Kyosho RRR-Standard
Kyosho RRR WCE
Kyosho RRR Evo-Standard
Kyosho RRR Evo WCE
Hmm...the supplier of my kit was selling an RRR standard kit with the Evo upgrade package... I think he got his supplies directly from Japan. What my friend got from this package was 2 carbon fiber deck (the RRR deck and the RRR Evo dec), the sets of shock bodies (the RRR shock bodies and the RRR Evo shock bodies), 2 sets of spur gears (the RRR spur gears and the hardened spur gears), and all the Evo upgrades...
Old 10-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default set up

Hi guys!can anyone tell me a set up for low traction surface?tyres,fluids,ride height,etc.i have a rrr wc with sp chassis,gold shock shafts,hollow front and titanium rear shaft.this car is really oversteering
Old 10-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
Hi guys!can anyone tell me a set up for low traction surface?tyres,fluids,ride height,etc.i have a rrr wc with sp chassis,gold shock shafts,hollow front and titanium rear shaft.this car is really oversteering
Try lowering your roll center to the lowest position in the rear...take the rear Hinge pins and slide then into the inserts that allow the pins to sit at lowest postion this should help alot also try softening up the car ...500 weight oils for shocks, black springs all the way around soft settings on sway bars, 2.5 toe in rear, 1 out in front, front 2.5 camber , rear 4.0 camber, 35 tires or 37 front and rear, 10000 diff...ride height and tire size depend on track,size surface smooth and or bumpy, example if smooth and 1500-200ft straight use for quals experiencing 1mm wear every 8 minuts 59mm rear 57 front height front 5mm rear at 6mm all else use stock settings...hope this helps
Old 10-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kawahara Brake Disk

I have just put in the kawahara brake disk and had to increase the width between the stock pads to 8mm because its twice as thick as the stock disk brake, which meant screwing out the 15mm screws a fair bit.

My concern is that the screws may be out too far even though the disk pads seem to be sturdy.

Has anyone has any problems with the kawahara brake disk and stock pads falling out during racing?
Should I use longer screws?

Thanks.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

anyone have a good setup for the wce with fast corner speed and easy to drive? Im gonna be racing on a big track. Dont have any option parts just the stock wce.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
anyone have a good setup for the wce with fast corner speed and easy to drive? Im gonna be racing on a big track. Dont have any option parts just the stock wce.
Give more info regarding the track's layout and surface conditions.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

it is a fast track, pretty big, wide open lanes, and good traction. Very fast 1/8 track really
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony montana
it is a fast track, pretty big, wide open lanes, and good traction. Very fast 1/8 track really
Front:

drive: one way
shocks: oil: 60 wt. (black diaphram / bladder #W6006)
shock position: 2.5 (middle hole)
springs: stock (black/medium)
servo saver: #10
roll center: high (hinge pin in lowest postion)
caster: both spacers behind arm (2mm / 8.5 deg. angle)
toe: 1 deg. out
droop: 0 (using droop blocks and gauge)
track width: 198 mm
camber: -2
anti-roll bar: 60 deg. angle
ride height: 5 mm
tire shore: 40
tire diameter: 58 mm
Clutch: stock / adj. nut: 0.8mm
Gearing: 17/ 61 1st gear , 23 / 55 2nd gear

Rear:

drive: 20,000 wt. diff oil (increase thickness to help car rotate more)
shock oil: 60 wt. (black diaphram / bladder #W6006)
Shock position: 3
springs: stock (gold/hard)
roll center: medium low (next to lowest position)
upper arm height: 2 mm
toe: 2 deg. in
droop: 2 (using droop blocks and gauge)
track width: 200 mm
camber: -3
Anti-roll bar: 2.0 / adjustable blade: 60 deg.
ride height: 5.5 mm
tire shore: 40
tire diameter: 60 mm

Last edited by kewdawg; 10-26-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

What are the advantages of using a 24 tooth front pulley. I know you can use the same diameter tires, but does it improve the car handling? The stock belt is too short, and the recommended one is a bit loose unless you turn the belt tensioner around. Doing this both sides of the belt almost touch.
I see the main advantage being that I will now be able to use all of my small rear tires.
Thanks in advance
Old 10-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default my set up

front spool
rear diff fluid 60k
shock oil is 30wt fr & rear
black springs every where
40 shore 56-58mm
40-42 shore 58-60mm rear
OS TZ .12 with rd logics pipe
4.5mm front 5.0mm rear ride hight

PS I found that the smaller diameter the tires the more traction I get, some times way toooooooooo my like when I ran ~54mm & 56mm rear the car flipped sideways it was great.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wanna-b-faster
front spool
rear diff fluid 60k
shock oil is 30wt fr & rear
black springs every where
40 shore 56-58mm
40-42 shore 58-60mm rear
OS TZ .12 with rd logics pipe
4.5mm front 5.0mm rear ride hight

PS I found that the smaller diameter the tires the more traction I get, some times way toooooooooo my like when I ran ~54mm & 56mm rear the car flipped sideways it was great.
Your shock oil is too thin. Does your racing surface lack traction or is really bumpy? I would think not because your using 60,000 wt. in the rear diff (unless, of course, you're trying to free the rear end up by going that thick). If, you have really good traction at your track then you need to look at adjusting your roll centers. Smaller diameter tires have less sidewall for the car to roll onto in the corners, which helps eliminate traction rolling. So, if anything, you'd have less grip - not more. You should be able to run 58 to 60mm tires with the proper spring /oil and roll center combo. I think you'll find that you car will react more consistently and be more stable. With good traction and a relatively smooth surface, the stock shock oil (50 wt.) will work fine. Otherwise, try increasing your shock oil by, at least, 10 to 15 wt..

Last edited by kewdawg; 10-26-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nosram
What are the advantages of using a 24 tooth front pulley. I know you can use the same diameter tires, but does it improve the car handling? The stock belt is too short, and the recommended one is a bit loose unless you turn the belt tensioner around. Doing this both sides of the belt almost touch.
I see the main advantage being that I will now be able to use all of my small rear tires.
Thanks in advance
The stock set-up (23T pulley and 384 belt) create overdrive in the front end and increase steering. The downside, being, you'll need to run a 2mm split to take advantage of this tuning option. Which means you'll have a lot of rear tires that have usable foam, but aren't big enough to use in your set-up. Yes, using the 24T pulley and 387 belt isn't the cleanest set-up (because even with the belt tensioner at it's lowest setting, the belt seems to be too loose). I never really like this aspect of that tuning option. So I always run the 23T pulley / 2mm split. It boils down to user preference.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you Kewdawg, at least I know that I haven't assembled it wrong. The only reason I have put this on is so I can use my small rears. I was also wondering if there was going to be a downside in the car handling?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nosram
Thank you Kewdawg, at least I know that I haven't assembled it wrong. The only reason I have put this on is so I can use my small rears. I was also wondering if there was going to be a downside in the car handling?
You'll have less steering, but you can find it in other areas.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Is the RD Logics chassis any good? I bent mine in a big crash, and the local hobby shop doesn't have a replacement. I got on of the RD Logics aftermarket chassis and have fitted everything onto it.
Does it change the handling? The one I have iss 3.5mm thick.
Thank you in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.