Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyoshokidd
i have 3 d's in mine didnt relize someone had such a close name and austin i am ready are u
There you go aye! We like kyosho's and we're all kids at heart
Old 09-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyoshokidd
i have 3 d's in mine didnt relize someone had such a close name and austin i am ready are u
ha yea. i was wondering why u had playing cards as ur advatar but it wasnt you. lol
Old 09-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

2 confusing with the kyoshokid's Tommy see ya this weekend
Old 09-20-2007, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KyoshoKid
I guess the best way is to try them both

No matter what advice you get, you always need to try things out for yourself. There are so many different variables that make for a successful setup and just changing one thing may not get you the results you are looking for. We all run on different tracks, have different setups and different driving styles. There is no single formula for success, but everyone has great ideas and experience to share.

The more you experiment, the more you'll learn, the better you'll get.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

No matter what advice you get, you always need to try things out for yourself. There are so many different variables that make for a successful setup and just changing one thing may not get you the results you are looking for. We all run on different tracks, have different setups and different driving styles. There is no single formula for success, but everyone has great ideas and experience to share.

Yea What He Said!!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

I agree with this... Try out different set-ups and tips from the area you race... Also, you can follow the basic set-up that came with the kit. This will get you started. This is what I did. I followed the basic set-up and then ran it on the tracks. Then I made small adjustments and took down notes of what I did. If I didn't like the handling, I change it back to the way it was before with the help of the notes that you took down. Also, your set-up will also depend on which body you run and the shore ratings of the tires. Find out which tires works best for you tracks and try to get a feel of it. If it doesn't work for you, try going up or goind down a few notches on the shore ratings. Also, the set-up is also affected by the kind of engine you are running. Some engines are more powerful than others and need a heavier shock oil or spring so as to prevent the chassis from bottoming out on power. Try different set-ups but don't forget to chat down some notes so that you can always go back the last set-up that worked for you...
Old 10-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tyre Width

Hi Guys,

Ive recently purchased a tyre truer and cutting down the tyres. I was told to have 60mm rear and 58mm front as the stock diameter is 62/60 is "too big" for the track (its high grip, fast 1/8 scale track)

My question is:
- Why true down the tyres?
- Whats the difference in handling?
- What is the difference with having a ride height of 5mm front and 6mm back with standard tyre width of 64mm or 60/58mm? The ride height is the same regardless of tyre diameter
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Jack,

You have seen the difference yourself
smaller diameter tires have many advanatges:

less chance of chunking
small diamater for fast acceleration
lower centre of gravity
less chance of traction roll
Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Jack,

You have seen the difference yourself
smaller diameter tires have many advanatges:

less chance of chunking
small diamater for fast acceleration
lower centre of gravity
less chance of traction roll
I knew it improves handling but didn’t exactly know why. I didn’t know it lowers the centre of gravity and better acceleration.

I guess you would need to screw down the shocks more to get the same ride height with wider tyres effecting centre of gravity?? And if there is more diameter then the more area of the tyre to roll left/right raising the opposite side of the car.

With smaller tyres its requires less distance to travel for 1 turn (kinda like high and low gears on a bike, you can travel slowly/longer or faster/shorter per cycle of the pedal).

I think I get it now
Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

What i do is set the car up with the lowest tires im prepare dto run on the day and then cut up 3 setsof tires and 1 bigger set for the finals

so when the finals come along just put the bigger tires on to increase the ride height

this way your not changing ride height and droop evert qualifier
Old 10-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Wink kyosho Eco upgrade kit

I apologize if this was asked before but does anyone know where I can get an evo upgrade kit for my one err wc edition? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default kYOSHO RRR

Originally Posted by fpart
I apologize if this was asked before but does anyone know where I can get an evo upgrade kit for my one err wc edition? Any help would be appreciated!
Check with Kamikaze Hobbies <Orange Ca.>
They have a tread going under the racing thread in this forum.<Kamikaze Racing>
Old 10-04-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fpart
Not sure if you can still purchase the Evo upgrade kit. It was just a limited release upgrade kit... Later on, they package this Evo upgrade kit to a standard RRR kit. After this, they released the RRR Evo World Champion Team Edition.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Would anyone buy a Teammagic G4S RTR?
Old 10-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doki_doki
Not sure if you can still purchase the Evo upgrade kit. It was just a limited release upgrade kit... Later on, they package this Evo upgrade kit to a standard RRR kit. After this, they released the RRR Evo World Champion Team Edition.
Doki they did not upgrade it to a standard RRR
there are 4 RRR to choose from
Kyosho RRR-Standard
Kyosho RRR WCE
Kyosho RRR Evo-Standard
Kyosho RRR Evo WCE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.