Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbs
hi,....

i am a newbie & needs some advice fr u guys regarding my rrr.

i just bought myself a 3pks (using HRS syn). the next thing that i need to know is the servo. I am planning to use the S9451 as my steering. what about the throttle? should i use the S9451 as well??? if not, what would u recommend? i prefer using a futaba as well.

tq
From my experience, Futaba S9451 servos for both steering and throttle works well... I used this on my V-One RRR WCE and had no problems. With my V-One RRR Evo, I'm using the Futaba S9351 for both steering and throttle... Some say it's an overkill since the servo is listed under for offroad use and 1:8 scale use. But hey, it works for me and had no problems with it... The best part is that I get a very accurate throttle and brake response as well as steering due to it's large torque output... Either of the 2 servos would be good...
Old 07-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by meaN1
building a second car for my son to race and am needing to get a motor and pipe for it, have a budget of $300 that i would like to stick to, was needing some help from you all on what you would recommend for this car?
For me, the OSTZ engine with OS 1040 inline pipe or Skyline pipe is a good buy. The engine is very easy to tune and it keeps it tune well. Also you get a very good glow plug life. The OS pipe may not be that strong as compared to the Skyline pipe... Performance of the engine using either part is good... Hope this helps...
Old 07-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

thanks for all the info people it is much appreciated!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

VR12Plus One piece .12 On Road Legal exhaust system (Legal Stinger)
$67.99
is this the one your talking about?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for all the info people it is much appreciated!!!
No problem...
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

is this the one your talking about?
Yup...that's it. It's the Skyline VR12 Plus Roar Legal Exhaust Pipe...
Old 07-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

O.S. .12 TZ (P)-T 3-Port Turbo Rear Exhaust Engine (IMFAR/ROAR Legal)
VR12Plus One piece .12 On Road Legal exhaust system (Legal Stinger)
kk, so i just ordered the motor and pipe and have another couple questions for you all...

it was said earlier in this thread about SERVOS that one was using the KOPROPO servo and a standard Futaba servo for the throttle. when you mean standard what number of servo are you talking about?

also what clutch combo do you recommend for this setup?
thanks again...
Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

kk, so i just ordered the motor and pipe and have another couple questions for you all...

it was said earlier in this thread about SERVOS that one was using the KOPROPO servo and a standard Futaba servo for the throttle. when you mean standard what number of servo are you talking about?

also what clutch combo do you recommend for this setup?
thanks again...
Not sure by what that person meant when talking about standard servos. What I know is that the basic servo that you can get from Futaba is the S3003 servos. This is just a plain servo. You can use this but you might want to consider upgrading to a stronger one with more torque as you may need this for consistent braking power...

As for the clutch combo, the clutch that comes with the kit works well with the OSTZ engine. You can't go wrong with it...
Old 07-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the KO 2368 is good for throttle and steering and is similar to the Futaba 9351 if you want that instead.

the KO 2367 is faster with less torque and is similar to the Futaba 9350. I've tested both recently and like the slower servos for a number of reasons, the car tends to traction roll less and I've heard ideas from top drivers that having too fast of a throttle servo is actually a bad thing because the air cannot keep up with the motion of the carb.

clutch should always be the 2d, 0.3 on the spring, 0.4 on the clutch gap and the least amount of endplay possible. 4d if you want an extra kick, 1.4mm on the spring and the same gaps will give you a good starting point.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
I've heard ideas from top drivers that having too fast of a throttle servo is actually a bad thing because the air cannot keep up with the motion of the carb.
Did they say what the lag is before the engine catches up?

If I understand the issue correctly, when you go from say half-throttle to full-throttle, the engine will be rich for what I would think is a very short period of time. Given that you're transitioning to a full-throttle state, wouldn't being a little rich actually be better for the engine?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

This is the O.S. Max .12 TZ (P)-T 3-Port ABC Pilot Crankshaft Turbo Engine for 1/10 scale racing. Meets IFMAR and ROAR 3-port specifications.

Features:

Natural aluminum construction
Nine fin blue aluminum cooling head
Two-piece turbo cylinder head with 29mm innner and 49mm outer head that adds extra area for more efficient cooling
Slide Carb 11H - 3 needle slide valve carburetor OSMG2473 with ROAR legal 5.5mm carb restrictor
Rear Exhaust
ABC construction, Aluminum piston and Brass liner that is Chrome plated
High tensile A7075 "knife edge" aluminum connecting rod double bushed for friction-free operation
Offers enormous torque from low RPM
Includes
One O.S. Max .12 TZ (P)-T 3-Port ABC Pilot Shaft Turbo Engine
P6 Glow Plug
11H Slide Valve Carb OSMG2473
Instruction manual
One Exhaust Seal
kk help the newb out here...i am not seeing where or what kind of clutch comes with this?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Did they say what the lag is before the engine catches up?

If I understand the issue correctly, when you go from say half-throttle to full-throttle, the engine will be rich for what I would think is a very short period of time. Given that you're transitioning to a full-throttle state, wouldn't being a little rich actually be better for the engine?
Correct, the lag is because the engine cannot operate as quickly as the servo and supposedly creates a vacuum effect. Supposedly mostly on the transition from WOT to full brakes, I've recently tried both servos (one is like 0.15 and the other was 0.08) and the car drove exactly the same to me but, slowing the steering servo did seem to help the car enter the corner more smoothly to prevent traction rolling or it could have just had more torque holding the car properly as well.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

kk help the newb out here...i am not seeing where or what kind of clutch comes with this?
The engine does not come with a clutch. Your car should have come with one. If not, you may need to buy the entire clutch assembly:

Part# VZ235 - Kyosho 3D Clutch Assembly For Kyosho V1RRR

Old 07-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

The clutch system comes with the V-One RRR kit... It you got the kit brand new, it should come with all the necessary parts in order to install the clutch properly to the engine... If I remember it right, the OSTZ engine comes with a collet. I opted to use the collet that came with the clutch assembly from the kit...

Last edited by doki_doki; 07-18-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

ahh...kk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.