Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if you drive smooth you will also notice your tyre wear won't be as bad either.
this means that in the final you can afford to true your tyres smaller and produce quicker laptimes.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

anyone have a good setup they want to share for the wce? I have the starting setup on it now and its pretty good, but I want it better.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Better in what way ? What's it not doing, that you want it to do "Better" ?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
We are here and very settled waiting in the shadows to show these "new guys on the block" who is their daddy.

We no longer need to discuss the simple build problems of this car. We can now devote all efforts to chassis setup and driving style.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcabj
dun worry, this car still rocksjust sold of my RRR, still have lots of spare parts so....i'm getting the evo
You got that right... Even if it's the oldest car in the market, it still performs well and with the out of the box V-One RRR Evo WCE kit, what more can you ask It's already packed with all the goodies you want to have in the kit and it not only performs well, it is also a very durable kit...
Old 07-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

mine has a slight push mid corner off power and on power. Would also like to have a little more rear traction in some parts of the track.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Kyosho Drivers... if you like to see Race Action check out the Gallery at

www.kyosho.ch

The Site is new and we made it for all Kyosho Racers to show them the Swiss Races..

greetz Hagi
Old 07-05-2007, 02:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by doki_doki
You got that right... Even if it's the oldest car in the market, it still performs well and with the out of the box V-One RRR Evo WCE kit, what more can you ask It's already packed with all the goodies you want to have in the kit and it not only performs well, it is also a very durable kit...
Though mine is still the stock RRR it has taken me from 22 second beginnner laps to 19s ....just starting to kiss the 18s. This has placed me in the two 3 at the club and top 9 in country and I reckon I can still improve. I I will be getting the Evo in Sept ...I am determined to support my LHS so I will wait till they receive their order.

Tell me something though ...does this lightened drivetrain of the NT1 not worry you guys? Seems the thing is made for corner eating off-power
Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnypiston
Though mine is still the stock RRR it has taken me from 22 second beginnner laps to 19s ....just starting to kiss the 18s. This has placed me in the two 3 at the club and top 9 in country and I reckon I can still improve. I I will be getting the Evo in Sept ...I am determined to support my LHS so I will wait till they receive their order.

Tell me something though ...does this lightened drivetrain of the NT1 not worry you guys? Seems the thing is made for corner eating off-power
No it does not.

All cars are limited to 1725g at sanctioned events. Therefore, there is only so much any car company can reduce weight by.

By using the correct aftermarket parts, I have drastically reduced the rotational mass of my RRR drive train. In fact, I am so light I now need to decide where to add back some weight to my chassis.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

mine has a slight push mid corner off power and on power. Would also like to have a little more rear traction in some parts of the track.
I have played around quite a bit with settings on this car, With the slight push cornering, have you tried putting heavier shock oil in the front(say 60wt) and increasing the piston holes in the shocks to 2 holes about 1.5mm each? It dramatically improved my cornering for the better.

With the rear, slightly softer springs or softer tyres pretty much did the trick there, oh I also put extra spacers on the rear hub where the link goes back to the bulkhead.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

I have just bought a Kyosho team edition, very nice.
I have a couple of questions, please:

1) How do you decide what position is best for the suspension rods ( roll center, I guess)? Is it just best to go with the manual recommendations?

2) Does anyone offer any light weight screws, either aluminum or titanium

Thank you in advance
Old 07-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

just picked up 2 of the Kyosho V-One RRR WC myself and i picked up the screw sets from:

http://www.hexcrews.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=761

http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...oduct_id=34623

still building both of them but cant wait to get them on the track
Old 07-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nosram
I have just bought a Kyosho team edition, very nice.
I have a couple of questions, please:

1) How do you decide what position is best for the suspension rods ( roll center, I guess)? Is it just best to go with the manual recommendations?

2) Does anyone offer any light weight screws, either aluminum or titanium

Thank you in advance

For question # 1, it really depends on the track surface you're running on. The tracks I've been on have been low to medium grip. With that, the second position from the bottom for the rear and either the second or third position for the front is a good place to start. Most of the RRR cars have also been running the medium Evo springs in the rear and the soft Evo springs in the front.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you very much indeed! Are both set Titanium, or just the one? Are both shops in the US?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i would say browse the web sites of them and read the reviews....i did find this though

Hexcrews
1830 Birch Drive
Lewiston, Idaho 83501 USA

Review: http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=627

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.