Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default handling issues

Thanks Scott. I really think the issues were caused by the clutch as you say. Believe me ....I was feathering the thing especially since my pit guy (who is an experienced racer) thought I was being trigger happy and kept shouting ("EASY ON THE THROTTLE!!") ...so yes, I was being being very very soft on it. In fact, there were times when my car almost slowed to a halt I was being so careful.

I am so glad that you , a champion racer, are currently online! Can I ask you this burning question: Is it OK for me to take my car to the track on a non-race day and practice? ...considering that the track is not treated? Can I apply the settings and drive style I use on a non-treated surface to a treated surface? I would love to take my car to the track on a non-race day and at least get things working without the pressure of trying to adjust things during heats ...
Old 02-05-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by johnypiston
Thanks Scott. I really think the issues were caused by the clutch as you say. Believe me ....I was feathering the thing especially since my pit guy (who is an experienced racer) thought I was being trigger happy and kept shouting ("EASY ON THE THROTTLE!!") ...so yes, I was being being very very soft on it. In fact, there were times when my car almost slowed to a halt I was being so careful.

I am so glad that you , a champion racer, are currently online! Can I ask you this burning question: Is it OK for me to take my car to the track on a non-race day and practice? ...considering that the track is not treated? Can I apply the settings and drive style I use on a non-treated surface to a treated surface? I would love to take my car to the track on a non-race day and at least get things working without the pressure of trying to adjust things during heats ...
I always practise myself during the non-race day!
I am fightened to happen any accidents if there are so many cars.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:58 AM
A
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by doki_doki
Well, one thing that I keep in mind when making adjustments in my kit is that I make small adjustments at a time and just to one portion of the car. This helps me in a way that I would know what that adjustment did to my cars handling. I've seen some poeple do so much adjustments in one time in different portions and ending up with no improvement..
Yeah thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate the quality feedback.. im now really interested to see how close i have actually got the thing dialed in? Ill definitely put it on a hudy or something b4 i run, remembering to pay attention to only tweaking 1 thing @ a time, should be a good starting point..

Last edited by A; 02-05-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You can go on non race days, but the closer the track is to race conditions, the better you will be able to get the car setup. I think as long as the track is even decent somebody with limited experience will benefit from track time.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

In my opinion even if the track isn't treated you will at least get a feel for the throttle response and how different adjustments affect the car overall. Alot of it is setting the car up so it feels comfortable to you, if you aren't comfortable then you won't drive well. I think that if you feel comfortable about where you're braking at, how hard you are braking, how much throttle you use, then you will become comfortable with the car. Then you can work on shaving time through adjusting the handling and performance.

However, for this case it's important to get the car running properly for your driving. If you feel it's not responding well to what you expect you can probably adjust that.

This is my problem. I adjust the car before I'm comfortable with it to start. Then I don't have a base point to start from (a feeling of comfortability). Sometimes you can get comfortable, then adjust the car so you don't have to adjust your driving. As in a real car, the idea is to get the driver comfortable.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default camber question..

hey guys i have a question regarding camber change during a long main..
last club meet i had the camber set well so after each 5 min qualifier the front tires were flat and the rear tires slightly coned in.

then after the 20 min final the rear outside wheel was coning out pretty bad.

does this mean i should give more camber or change the camber link?

thanks
John
Old 02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
hey guys i have a question regarding camber change during a long main..
last club meet i had the camber set well so after each 5 min qualifier the front tires were flat and the rear tires slightly coned in.

then after the 20 min final the rear outside wheel was coning out pretty bad.

does this mean i should give more camber or change the camber link?

thanks
John
Did you tap any boards or got into some traffic that could of cause some changes in camber. play it safe change the links
Old 02-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

i propably did but the car all looks quare..
it may have been that i was driving the car harder in the final..
Old 02-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

i propably did but the car all looks quare..
it may have been that i was driving the car harder in the final..
I asked cause a while back I got hit hard in the rear & went thru the same issue after a couple of hits the camber link weakens & one little tap will offset your camber bigtime never had that issue driving the car harder than usuall
Old 02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for that info George
Yes sounds like a good idea to replace the camber links just to tighten that part of the car up.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Yes sounds like a good idea to replace the camber links just to tighten that part of the car up.
Anytime MRGSR
Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If possible, put it on a setup station and check it before you change out the links. Also, make sure your piviot balls are not really loose inside the hub. That could also cause you some grief.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony montana
thanks guys. Were should I order one from. Im on the east coast. Also one more thing, what parts should I stock up on for the v1rrrwce? what hopups if any would you guys recommend.

Pnp...Hobbies Palm bay, Fl the number is on my signature below...
Order pulley sets, front and rear arms, bumpers, gears...for now
hope this helps...once you run the car and familiarize yourself with it you will know what to order....its not much

Robert Maestrey
Old 02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
will the parma m work at the w/nats
Heard different opinions on the parma M for Ft myers I have one & will be trying it out for the first time in practice.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Heard different opinions on the parma M for Ft myers I have one & will be trying it out for the first time in practice.
i'll catch you at the track to get your opinion on the body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.