Old 01-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by joemugen
what is ten out of ten? your the man nimo

At least an Australian can understand English humour
Old 01-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nimo,
it is not about understanding humor. not everything is a joke. fortunately, i have the funds and resources to start manufacturing a line of r/c products. the major reason i would be doing so is because i think the prices of r/c parts are ridiculous. my products would be the same if not of better quality than other producers, just at a reasonable price. now, i am testing this product. but when people turn this project into a joke, it is very unproductive. i hope you understand.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Joe: you have totally missed the joke, and it has nothing to do with what you are making, try reading through again from the point where you made a double post.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NiMo
Joe: you have totally missed the joke, and it has nothing to do with what you are making, try reading through again from the point where you made a double post.
Totally agree with NiMo.
Sorry, Joe, it wasn't aimed at you nor at your project. In fact, more power to you.

There was just an irresistable irony that NiMo picked up, and I was annoyed that he beat me to it.
(BTW, I'm actually English by birth. )
Old 01-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NiMo
Funny NiMo. American can understand your humor too.

Joe, I can see why you started building these parts but I disagree with your reason behind it. With the relative small size of the market, the parts are not too expensive at all consider these people make a living making them. Of course you can build them cheaper but can you make a living selling these parts at the price you are charging? Competition is good but you have an unfair advantage--you are subsidizing your parts with your other job/income.

Sorry about the ranting. I am in the manufacturing business (non RC related) and prices are a sensitive issue.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Funny NiMo. American can understand your humor too.

Joe, I can see why you started building these parts but I disagree with your reason behind it. With the relative small size of the market, the parts are not too expensive at all consider these people make a living making them. Of course you can build them cheaper but can you make a living selling these parts at the price you are charging? Competition is good but you have an unfair advantage--you are subsidizing your parts with your other job/income.

Sorry about the ranting. I am in the manufacturing business (non RC related) and prices are a sensitive issue.
Very well said, but you have to realise that the Local Hobby Stores are usually responsible for the ridiculous prices (especially here in Greece, Europe).
Let me give you an example:
My LHS has the REVO for 800euros=$1016 today (let me note that he imports directly from Traxxas US).
I can get the REVO via Tower for 385euros=$495 including shipment expenses
and if it goes through customs (which sometimes it does not) will cost total of 585euros=$743.
Let me note that the average salary here is A LOT LESS than the average US salary. So... the LHS (especially here in Greece) are killing us.
Thank god for Tower, Dinball etc.
(would you guys buy the RRR for $571 (he initially priced at $660) that our LHS is asking?)
Old 01-31-2005, 03:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Team-RTR
andy, who is this? i am curios to know as i thought me and traj are the only ones running RRR at eastern creek.
Gday there Team RTR
The RRR that got 3rd in the A main was being run by a guy named Ron (wont post his surname here).....it had a NTC3 body on it (one of those pre-painted ones).
Unfortunately I couldnt get my RRR finished in time for Eastern Creek but hopefully it should be okay for Moorebank on Sunday.......still i cant complain as the NTC3 made the A main
Cheers
Old 01-31-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Master

Hey Andy will you be at Moorebank this Sunday?
Old 01-31-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedsterRRR
Just want to share a few pics with you guys!
SpeedsterRRR, I notice that you are using Sirio engine and Kyosho 7mm outlaw pipe, so how does the pipe work with the Sirio engine. I know that Kyosho pipe really wake Nova/RB/OS engines because here (in my country) almost everybody is using it. I ve been eyeing on sirio Evo 2 engine for our upcoming big race in March but I m not sure it will work best with Kyosho pipe (Some people says Sirio engine works best with Sirio pipe), I just don't want to spend more on pipe.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by dameetz
SpeedsterRRR, I notice that you are using Sirio engine and Kyosho 7mm outlaw pipe, so how does the pipe work with the Sirio engine. I know that Kyosho pipe really wake Nova/RB/OS engines because here (in my country) almost everybody is using it. I ve been eyeing on sirio Evo 2 engine for our upcoming big race in March but I m not sure it will work best with Kyosho pipe (Some people says Sirio engine works best with Sirio pipe), I just don't want to spend more on pipe.
I cannot really say that much for the engine/exhaust system right now because me and my racing partner (he has exactly the same car/engine/pipe) are just finishing breaking in and final tuning. We have been running at very low temperatures (of 0 to 12C so far) and the sound of the pipe is kinda loud. We have a short technical track and we cannot say that much about the top end, but it does not seem to be doing bad at the bottom end. The engine has a reputation of being difficult at tuning and looks like it too.
Regarding the price, I found them online at the same price (Sirio and Kyosho pipes) only the Sirio was out of stock. We went for the Kyosho also because of the mid-belt issue.
I have not seen the Sirio evo2 with a Sirio exhaust yet on our track and I cannot really compare.
However you have to note that Sirio/Nova/RB are like half-brothers classed as Economic/Standard/Super-tuned.
I know I was not much help, yet, but I may post an update next week. We are also getting ready for a friendly race in 2 weeks and the Championship beginning in March.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Belt tensioner

Hi guys. I put my RRR together and noticed that belt tensioner for side belt out of aligment. I was looking couple of pictures here and saw every pic has the same issue. On Bertine car ( here pic in forume) it is located on different place and looks straight. Anybody try different tensioner ( may be Kwahara for MTX3). Any sugestions how to fix it will be realy apretiated.
Edward
Old 01-31-2005, 12:15 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Default Kyosho V-One RRR WC Team Edition

does anyone know when this version will be available? Also a price?

thanks,
Old 01-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Belt tensioner

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hi guys. I put my RRR together and noticed that belt tensioner for side belt out of aligment. I was looking couple of pictures here and saw every pic has the same issue. On Bertine car ( here pic in forume) it is located on different place and looks straight. Anybody try different tensioner ( may be Kwahara for MTX3). Any sugestions how to fix it will be realy apretiated.
Edward
i think the one on bertine's car comes on the worlds edition v one rrr, so will be available to buy soon, i beleive its fitted a little closer to the engine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.