R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #586
Tech Initiate
 
peteR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barg View Post
Are you using the steel crown gears? I bought some recently and they are absolute rubbish. I bought 4 sets at $25 a set and they are only the 2 main crown gears.

Well I ran these at our recent nationals and munched through 4 diffs as they do not mesh properly with the old small bevel gears.

I just got the hard diff cases this week and spent 2 nights trying to build a decent diff. The steel gears just wouldnt work no matter what I tried.

I eventually built the diff with all of the original internals and shimming to get it to be smooth.

I have yet to run the diff yet so I dont know if it will hold up but I have to say after running Kyosho for the last 10 years I am so over the rubbish they have bought out with this car.

If I have diff issues again this weekend I will be selling the lot and moving to a more reliable brand.
If you use hard diff case with steel crown gears and standard new small bevel gears you will absolutely have no problem. I run this diff about 7-8 liters and still are in a very good condition! Also you must put standard shim that came with standard gear set.
__________________
Capricorn C02 WC , Sanwa M11 , Capricorn engine , Capricorn tyres
peteR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:43 AM   #587
Tech Apprentice
 
Rubio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bologna - Italy
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteR4 View Post
If you use hard diff case with steel crown gears and standard new small bevel gears you will absolutely have no problem. I run this diff about 7-8 liters and still are in a very good condition! Also you must put standard shim that came with standard gear set.
Are you talking about using VZW412 on rear diff, correct? Is the front diff OK?
I'm still waiting to receive the kit, then if I correctly understood the first suggestion (almost compulsory) is to replace standard case of rear diff with vzw412, correct?

I read all of this thread and this seems the main issue to fix, other suggestion?
__________________
My Baby:
Nt1 '13/ MaxPower 3.5 / Savox Servos / HotRace Tyres / Sanwa Exzes Z
Rubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:00 AM   #588
Tech Regular
 
nikoskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
Are you talking about using VZW412 on rear diff, correct? Is the front diff OK?
I'm still waiting to receive the kit, then if I correctly understood the first suggestion (almost compulsory) is to replace standard case of rear diff with vzw412, correct?

I read all of this thread and this seems the main issue to fix, other suggestion?
Front diff hasn't any issue from beggining.

If you don't want to replace kit's diff case then shim it with one more shim to both sides and wou will be ok.
__________________
www.rc-world.gr
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:19 AM   #589
Tech Initiate
 
peteR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoskar View Post
Front diff hasn't any issue from beggining.

If you don't want to replace kit's diff case then shim it with one more shim to both sides and wou will be ok.
Need hard case diff. Problem was also from diff case because it was very soft and when diff pushed the gap between gears opened...
__________________
Capricorn C02 WC , Sanwa M11 , Capricorn engine , Capricorn tyres
peteR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:48 AM   #590
Tech Regular
 
nikoskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteR4 View Post
Need hard case diff. Problem was also from diff case because it was very soft and when diff pushed the gap between gears opened...
Althought i have the hard front diff case i am using kit's front diff till today without any issues. (But will change to hard in future)
__________________
www.rc-world.gr
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #591
LCM
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 27
Default

Hello everybody, Hello Barg:
Iīm using standard pieces into the hard rear diff case. In the front diff, i havenīt had any issue whith standard parts, but i also use standard gears whith standard shimming whith hard cases. But only because i was given a set of both, front and rear hard cases, other way i would be using only the rear one.
Good luck.
LCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #592
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Hey guys...I receive the hard case for diff... I never had a problem with the old ones since I bought the car in june... but all the coments make me insecure...so I bought the hard case...Now I'm building up the rear diff with the hard case... but I can't shim it properlly... can you tell me what shims did you use in your rear diff... with the standar case I used 0.3 mm shim on the diff case where you fill with oil and a 0.15 mm shim in the cover plate of the diff...
Thanks for help!!
P.D: If I don't use shims, the diff has play in the outdrives...
TomasRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #593
Tech Initiate
 
peteR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasRC View Post
Hey guys...I receive the hard case for diff... I never had a problem with the old ones since I bought the car in june... but all the coments make me insecure...so I bought the hard case...Now I'm building up the rear diff with the hard case... but I can't shim it properlly... can you tell me what shims did you use in your rear diff... with the standar case I used 0.3 mm shim on the diff case where you fill with oil and a 0.15 mm shim in the cover plate of the diff...
Thanks for help!!
P.D: If I don't use shims, the diff has play in the outdrives...
My diff with original shims works perfect. I use hard case and steel gears. You must tight the cap good and see how it works. If everything is new maybe have a little tight diff but after some laps will work perfct.
__________________
Capricorn C02 WC , Sanwa M11 , Capricorn engine , Capricorn tyres
peteR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #594
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteR4 View Post
My diff with original shims works perfect. I use hard case and steel gears. You must tight the cap good and see how it works. If everything is new maybe have a little tight diff but after some laps will work perfct.
Yes, is a little feeling of rusty...I use the standar gears... ok... I will try... thanks!!!..
This weekend is the final stage of the national championship of chile... I'm in second place... surelly with R4 I will be the new national champ!!!...
TomasRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #595
Tech Regular
 
nikoskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasRC View Post
Yes, is a little feeling of rusty...I use the standar gears... ok... I will try... thanks!!!..
This weekend is the final stage of the national championship of chile... I'm in second place... surelly with R4 I will be the new national champ!!!...
And dont forget to change diff oils often than RRR.
__________________
www.rc-world.gr
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #596
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,076
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Niko?can you weight your r4 diffs ready to run(without bearings) for me please?or any one else?
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #597
Tech Adept
 
E Vasutin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 104
Default

Put a .3mm shim in addition to the provided spacers in the rear diff cup. Diff cup being the key word. That solves the gear mesh in the rear diff. The front diff is shimmed appropriately.

Lower the servo by 2.5mm and move it as close to the center of the chassis as possible. Use a normal servo horn and the steering travel will be correct.

The tank is mounted with too much vibration for proper pit stops (erupts fuel when pitting), so dremel the tank slightly so it's clear of the carry handle (roll bar). This tank is mounted on 3 points, make sure the tank is fitted loosely to the radio tray (enlarge the tanks holes slightly).
E Vasutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #598
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoskar View Post
And dont forget to change diff oils often than RRR.
Hey guys!!! guess what?...R4 win the Chilean National Championship!!!...Six Stages!!!...I'm the National Champion!!!!...yeah yeah!!!
Thanks guys for all helpfull tips!!!...

Now I'm trying to achieve the Copa del Pacifico Challenge in Peru... on march... so I'm preparing for that!!!

Kyosho R4 rules!!!
TomasRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #599
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,387
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasRC View Post
Hey guys!!! guess what?...R4 win the Chilean National Championship!!!...Six Stages!!!...I'm the National Champion!!!!...yeah yeah!!!
Thanks guys for all helpfull tips!!!...

Now I'm trying to achieve the Copa del Pacifico Challenge in Peru... on march... so I'm preparing for that!!!

Kyosho R4 rules!!!
gongrats good job!
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #600
Tech Regular
 
nikoskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasRC View Post
Hey guys!!! guess what?...R4 win the Chilean National Championship!!!...Six Stages!!!...I'm the National Champion!!!!...yeah yeah!!!
Thanks guys for all helpfull tips!!!...

Now I'm trying to achieve the Copa del Pacifico Challenge in Peru... on march... so I'm preparing for that!!!

Kyosho R4 rules!!!
Congratulations Tomas.
__________________
www.rc-world.gr
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**NSWRCRCC Inc. - Moorebank On-Road** VenomWorldOrder Australian Racing 11447 11-30-2017 04:03 AM
Kyosho FW-05R Finnitro Nitro On-Road 5443 02-07-2017 11:10 AM
Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2 boy2rc Nitro On-Road 2803 10-04-2014 12:50 PM
Kyosho V One Series Prototype (;) nikoskar Nitro On-Road 78 12-16-2010 04:07 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:18 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net