R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #271
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey guys, i have a slight issue, the pillow balls where really tight going in the plastic arms both rear and front pairs. So tight that in two of them i couldn't continue half way as it became two hard. I greased them to get things a bit looser but still it didn't help.

So went for plan B: i have this tool that create thread in aluminium (sorry don't know the technical word in English) and used it in the plastic to loosen everything up.

It worked but now its too loose i mean it can get screwed in / out very easily which i believe that with some serious racing some will get unscrewed.

Thought of putting some CA or epoxy in order to create some grip.

What would you suggest

Thanks
Hey Speed6
I also had this problem when i built my kit.
Once i completed the kit, and now it was time to set the car up.
That is when i found this same problem. But it only happen to me with the rear hubs.
I took a closer look. The rear hubs are made of a different plastic.
And i could not turn the pillow balls in reverse with my huby hand driver.
I removed the lower arms with rear hub still attatched.
I Used my wife hair dryer. (When she wasnt around) lol.
With very little heat to the area, and a L shape
allen key tool which will give you more leverage.
This will help the plastic contract and retract.
Pillow ball should loosen a bit for adjustment.
Hope this help. But you may have already made the holes
to big useing that tap set.
Tyres. Ky Red Box
GUINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #272
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg

Hey guys. Was wondering where u have your gearbox set? Mine is 5.5 turns out which seems like a lot.......

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:09 AM   #273
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barg View Post
Hey guys. Was wondering where u have your gearbox set? Mine is 5.5 turns out which seems like a lot.......
Check for oil coming from the one way bearing of the 1st gear.
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #274
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Check for oil coming from the one way bearing of the 1st gear.
No definitely not that. That happened when the car was brand new and it wouldnt change at all then. Car has been run for 3 meetings now. There was also a young r4 driver at our big race last weekend that broke 2 rear diffs. The main crown gear snapped at the pin. Not sure if it was big crashes that caused it or under filled diffs. I havent had any issues yet with mine though.

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #275
Tech Adept

Quote:
No definitely not that. That happened when the car was brand new and it wouldnt change at all then. Car has been run for 3 meetings now. There was also a young r4 driver at our big race last weekend that broke 2 rear diffs. The main crown gear snapped at the pin. Not sure if it was big crashes that caused it or under filled diffs. I havent had any issues yet with mine though.
I belive that happens because of the diff. being under filled , i've seen it happen , other than that the car behaves and handles very good!!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #276
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default two speed

Quote:
I think the two speed adjustment can be different depending on our track ,motor and your preference, but I think an earlier post mention that theirs was set a lot looser then the stock set up.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #277
Tech Fanatic

Default kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiyu View Post
I belive that happens because of the diff. being under filled , i've seen it happen , other than that the car behaves and handles very good!!
hey Jose hows the build going? you done yet?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #278
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
hey Jose hows the build going? you done yet?
Nope.. not really.. i'm waiting for some parts that i ordered.. greetings my Team mate!!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #279
Tech Fanatic

Smile parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiyu View Post
Nope.. not really.. i'm waiting for some parts that i ordered.. greetings my Team mate!!
what parts may i ask
Old 04-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #280
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
what parts may i ask
brake pads , cvd's pretty much..
Old 04-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default way to fragile!

I wasnt there, but this weekend we had a club race, one of our kyo drivers car was said to have broken 2 or 3 times.........as of rightnow I think the car is really a dissapointment compared to the RRR...this thread is dead for a new car because theres nothing to talk about....for anyone who has ever owned a RRR, we know that the car simply does not break,almost never, they def need to do a rerun of the plastic material!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 AM   #282
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
I wasnt there, but this weekend we had a club race, one of our kyo drivers car was said to have broken 2 or 3 times.........as of rightnow I think the car is really a dissapointment compared to the RRR...this thread is dead for a new car because theres nothing to talk about....for anyone who has ever owned a RRR, we know that the car simply does not break,almost never, they def need to do a rerun of the plastic material!!!

i don't think that is the plastic material that make people don't buy this new car.for 600$ there are many cheaper cars that you can buy!a 733 evo for 400$ for example.
it's the first time that i am think to change brand!
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #283
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
agree with u bro about the material,but if u said the car is really disapointed i totally disagreed,that car awesome,fast,the gear awesome, i have only problem with servo horn steering i guess i am only one riding R4 at my country malaysia (so sorry if i am wrong)for a mean time,and bro what do u expect for the first time batch it also like a 1:1 car we do need r&r, so if any kind a problem come thats why this thread are here for we to discuss and settle the matter,and i think that kyosho team are read this thread.
and i are newbie in this forum and with kyosho only 1 words to describe [COLOR="Red"]awesome
Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #284
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
The material used is different than the RRR slightly harder with less give & to say that the RRR does not break is incorrect these days at the speed that is being layed down everything breaks Don't blame the car blame the boards easy to say if you don't wreck
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #285
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
The material used is different than the RRR slightly harder with less give & to say that the RRR does not break is incorrect these days at the speed that is being layed down everything breaks Don't blame the car blame the boards easy to say if you don't wreck
Martinez I agree because a amateur like myself broke my rrr many times. Also has this person been breaking his car?

Also I think the price is why people are not buying that car. The price is unbelievable.
Travelg Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote