R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #256
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Levittown , Puerto Rico
Posts: 102
Default

order sent!!
__________________
Capricorn America , RC Target , Kosmic Fuel , RPM Hobbies , Express Motorsports , Murnan Modified , BrokeasJokeRacingTeam.
yukiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #257
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sti2 View Post
I bought the R4 shock tower to try it on my RRR Shimo, but the holes didnt fit.

So i used some steel epoxy to fill the holes in R4 ST, then i drilled out new holes that fitted the RRR.

I used the RRR ST as a template when i drilled out the holes in the R4 ST.

It worked out great, som im using the R4 ST on my RRR Shimo now.
nice.how are the shock holes compare the shimo and the r4 towers?
how thick is it?
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "

Last edited by GREGORY!; 04-21-2011 at 06:07 AM.
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:59 AM   #258
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 26
Default

[QUOTE=GREGORY!;8991156]nice.how are the shock holes compare the shimo and the r4 towers?
who thick is it?[/QUOTE

R4 tower appears to be a little bit thicker than the shimo.

Shock holes are a little bit different aswell.
Sti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #259
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Kyosho Option part
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one r4!!!!-ky-vzw404.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #260
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Levittown , Puerto Rico
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Kyosho Option part
that looks very good!!
__________________
Capricorn America , RC Target , Kosmic Fuel , RPM Hobbies , Express Motorsports , Murnan Modified , BrokeasJokeRacingTeam.
yukiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #261
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default Solid front axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Kyosho Option part
I hope they make a solid front axle soon
__________________
Team Kyosho, Team Epic, IDM Engines, J-Tech racing fuels, Airtronics, Superiorhobbies.com
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #262
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,163
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
I hope they make a solid front axle soon
Pete just put in 500,000 in the diff
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #263
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Pete just put in 500,000 in the diff
i thick less rotating mass with the solid anyway my kit is on its way.
__________________
Team Kyosho, Team Epic, IDM Engines, J-Tech racing fuels, Airtronics, Superiorhobbies.com
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #264
Tech Regular
 
dougday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
I hope they make a solid front axle soon
Have fun
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #265
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Levittown , Puerto Rico
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
i thick less rotating mass with the solid anyway my kit is on its way.
Those are good news Peter.. Im not going to be alone !!! Lol
__________________
Capricorn America , RC Target , Kosmic Fuel , RPM Hobbies , Express Motorsports , Murnan Modified , BrokeasJokeRacingTeam.
yukiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #266
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiyu View Post
Those are good news Peter.. Im not going to be alone !!! Lol
who has been alone for soooooooo long? i'm glad you have joined the original red team.
__________________
Team Kyosho, Team Epic, IDM Engines, J-Tech racing fuels, Airtronics, Superiorhobbies.com
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #267
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Levittown , Puerto Rico
Posts: 102
Default

Im glad also my friend , next season it's going to be very interesting !!
Go Team Red !!
__________________
Capricorn America , RC Target , Kosmic Fuel , RPM Hobbies , Express Motorsports , Murnan Modified , BrokeasJokeRacingTeam.
yukiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:31 AM   #268
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default Pillow balls issue

Hey guys, i have a slight issue, the pillow balls where really tight going in the plastic arms both rear and front pairs. So tight that in two of them i couldn't continue half way as it became two hard. I greased them to get things a bit looser but still it didn't help.

So went for plan B: i have this tool that create thread in aluminium (sorry don't know the technical word in English) and used it in the plastic to loosen everything up.

It worked but now its too loose i mean it can get screwed in / out very easily which i believe that with some serious racing some will get unscrewed.

Thought of putting some CA or epoxy in order to create some grip.

What would you suggest

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:45 AM   #269
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default pillow balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey guys, i have a slight issue, the pillow balls where really tight going in the plastic arms both rear and front pairs. So tight that in two of them i couldn't continue half way as it became two hard. I greased them to get things a bit looser but still it didn't help.

So went for plan B: i have this tool that create thread in aluminium (sorry don't know the technical word in English) and used it in the plastic to loosen everything up.

It worked but now its too loose i mean it can get screwed in / out very easily which i believe that with some serious racing some will get unscrewed.

Thought of putting some CA or epoxy in order to create some grip.

What would you suggest

Thanks
I do not have my kit yet in front of me so i don't know how tight it was for you. Usually they are tight but not so you can't turn them.

what you used is called a tap, but i'm not sure when they tap the threads if they tap it out to the exact size, they may go 1/16 or 1/8 smaller to keep the ball tight and if you tapped it out to the size of the ball it would be loose.

you can try to soak the balls with alot of lock tight but would let it dry before putting them in, if that don't work you could use teflon tape.

next time though use a spare or go to you shop and let them look and replace the piece that maybe defective.

I will inspect mine next week and comment on my findings.
__________________
Team Kyosho, Team Epic, IDM Engines, J-Tech racing fuels, Airtronics, Superiorhobbies.com
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #270
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
I do not have my kit yet in front of me so i don't know how tight it was for you. Usually they are tight but not so you can't turn them.

what you used is called a tap, but i'm not sure when they tap the threads if they tap it out to the exact size, they may go 1/16 or 1/8 smaller to keep the ball tight and if you tapped it out to the size of the ball it would be loose.

you can try to soak the balls with alot of lock tight but would let it dry before putting them in, if that don't work you could use teflon tape.

next time though use a spare or go to you shop and let them look and replace the piece that maybe defective.

I will inspect mine next week and comment on my findings.
I am sure that the problem was because of the plastic mixed with carbon whats strange is that i never happned to have these issues with my Evolva M3 Evo which has same part number of pillow balls and plastic feels the same.

Will await your feedback
vo
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**NSWRCRCC Inc. - Moorebank On-Road** VenomWorldOrder Australian Racing 11447 11-30-2017 04:03 AM
Kyosho FW-05R Finnitro Nitro On-Road 5443 02-07-2017 11:10 AM
Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2 boy2rc Nitro On-Road 2803 10-04-2014 12:50 PM
Kyosho V One Series Prototype (;) nikoskar Nitro On-Road 78 12-16-2010 04:07 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:46 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net