Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5italkart
thats right it's all about participation
As I get older, I find that my finishing position is less important. As long as I'm having a good race with someone, then I'm happy.

I used to run my pan car with the 2WD and 4WD cars in club races. Despite the fact that I had the only pan car, I could always keep up with at least one other car!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Originally Posted by howardcano
As I get older, I find that my finishing position is less important. As long as I'm having a good race with someone, then I'm happy.

I used to run my pan car with the 2WD and 4WD cars in club races. Despite the fact that I had the only pan car, I could always keep up with at least one other car!
I don't worry about where I finish...I've got my share of wins in the past, and even if I didn't, as I get older and my perspective improves, winning just doesn't matter as much.

However....lol....I don't want to be the guy 20 laps down getting in the way. Pan is a good equalizer and more like it used to be, partly about speed, but mostly about consistency and durability. And it's a lot of fun. Being able to build a car from scratch using parts we made ourselves and then go out on the track and be able to keep up is sweet. No way could I do that in 4wd. We've got a good bunch in pan, it's more about getting in some laps and having fun....again, if you've got a pan, come have some FUN. If there's anything you're lacking to make it happen, post here and see if one of us has it handy, we'll do what we can to help.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by howardcano
..the class is a blast.....bump and run and LAUGHS.....of course we all want to improve......the back and forth passes are what its all about...
Old 07-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
..the class is a blast.....bump and run and LAUGHS.....of course we all want to improve......the back and forth passes are what its all about...
my sunday started with something very close too harassment at the border. some questions i just don't understand on the way down i thought i just don't need this. i ended up having a great time don't know if i can kick the "pan crack" habit !!!!.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Originally Posted by 5italkart
my sunday started with something very close too harassment at the border. some questions i just don't understand on the way down i thought i just don't need this. i ended up having a great time don't know if i can kick the "pan crack" habit !!!!.
Don't think of it as "harassment." Think of it as an overfriendly Uncle Sam with no accountability and a penchant for buggery. And please consider the body cavity search complimentary. At least you're not crossing our southern border, in which case we'd take no notice of you whatsoever.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Hotel booked for the GLC! See you guys there...
Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hey

For the GLC...if anyone is coming, plans to run vintage, and is lacking on spares, let me know. I've got Delta, MRP and SG...there's a few guys in here that are stocked on Associated as well. I don't want to see anyone miss out on a great race because of some piddling part that is no longer being made, and I'll loan whatever is needed to make it happen. But I do have to know ahead of time because I have boxes and boxes of crap and sometimes it takes a little while to find things.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default GLC

We do have a great bunch of racers here in Toledo, but the Pan group is loaded with "HIP and HAPPENING" types. Come join in the fun at the GLC!
So when Phil and I came together, my WRC car transfer some rare and hard to find parts to his car. He hasn't made it though a race since. Those WRC parts ate his drive train, he didn't have a chance! Don't bother to ask him about it, he'll never come clean on this one! By the way Phil, can I have my parts back now?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default Heh

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
We do have a great bunch of racers here in Toledo, but the Pan group is loaded with "HIP and HAPPENING" types. Come join in the fun at the GLC!
So when Phil and I came together, my WRC car transfer some rare and hard to find parts to his car. He hasn't made it though a race since. Those WRC parts ate his drive train, he didn't have a chance! Don't bother to ask him about it, he'll never come clean on this one! By the way Phil, can I have my parts back now?
Sez you. I'll get a new gear on, use more loctite, and borrow some more parts from you the hard way next time! So my car is heavier...so it's a lot cheaper...and faster...lol. What, I have to slow down so you can get your parts back??
Old 07-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Sez you. I'll get a new gear on, use more loctite, and borrow some more parts from you the hard way next time! So my car is heavier...so it's a lot cheaper...and faster...lol. What, I have to slow down so you can get your parts back??
Maybe the club can start a spur gear/loctite fund
so you can finish a 5 minute qualifier.... : )
Old 07-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe the club can start a spur gear/loctite fund
so you can finish a 5 minute qualifier.... : )
I don't think you'll find Phils loose screw any where on his car.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

I don't think you'll find Phils loose screw any where on his car.
..screws cant be loose if you don't own any..... ; )
Old 07-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yeah yeah yeah.......

I think I'm doing ok with a prototype.....schmucks. May a camel spit on your collective shaven heads.

AND...I'm going to Fastenal tomorrow to get longer bolts. The ones in the kit are a tad shorter than I like, I figure I'll weld the wretched things in to the point where only small explosives would break 'em loose....then tear out what hair I have left in frustration when I need to change an engine. On the flip side, it's really the only prob I've had with the thing, and I figured having never built one before that I'd have a lot more probs than I am.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default NOW,now!

..screws cant be loose if you don't own any..... ; )
Lets be nice Matt, it's not Phils fault he's that way. Did you notice Phil, I stood up for you! What are buddies for, right?
Old 07-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Lets be nice Matt, it's not Phils fault he's that way. Did you notice Phil, I stood up for you! What are buddies for, right?
thats right and theres always velcro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.