R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-27-2003, 07:38 PM   #1351
Tech Initiate

I have worry about the strength of the plastic toe in bar for the 'ART' at the 710 , which be broken when hitting with others. Like the NTC3, the toe angle is easy to altered while in collision even Associated supply with a steel tie rod. In the case of 710, you may have to stock dozen of the dog bones for rear drive train!
utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 07:54 PM   #1352
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

I'm not worried about the collision's with other's.....unless you're stopped dead in the track,and some imbecile hit's you,you should't have a problem....in fact,the 2 tc3's I've raced for 2 years had no problem....I worry more about hitting the boards with the rear wheels......but the guys at serpent say they haven't had a problem..so we shall see..

Last edited by fastharry™; 11-27-2003 at 08:05 PM.
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 12:17 AM   #1353
Tech Initiate

Thanks all to provide information for me to get parts for my ¡¥oldies¡¦. In fact, I do not have an old Excel. At this moment, I have a Vector NT and Impulse Pro. The roll centre of my NT has been raised so that its tail is willing to slide which in result has knife sharp cornering ability. I am very happy with this behavior and would like to keep this toy. For the Impulse Pro, I do not like its cornering power. But the bullet proof structure with powerful engine lets me climbing to the platform in some occasion. I¡¦ll keep an eye on the actual performance of 710 at the track and in this forum and to make decision on the future of the Impulse Pro.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:30 AM   #1354
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by utopian
I¡¦ll keep an eye on the actual performance of 710 at the track and in this forum and to make decision on the future of the Impulse Pro.
Do like what I'm currently doing... Convert the Impulse PRO to a 705 !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 02:47 AM   #1355
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to lawndoggie Send a message via Yahoo to lawndoggie

Quote:
Thanks all to provide information for me to get parts for my ¡¥oldies¡¦. In fact, I do not have an old Excel. At this moment, I have a Vector NT and Impulse Pro. The roll centre of my NT has been raised so that its tail is willing to slide which in result has knife sharp cornering ability. I am very happy with this behavior and would like to keep this toy. For the Impulse Pro, I do not like its cornering power. But the bullet proof structure with powerful engine lets me climbing to the platform in some occasion. I¡¦ll keep an eye on the actual performance of 710 at the track and in this forum and to make decision on the future of the Impulse Pro.
Dude! Where do you play in HK? I just started playing nitro, would like to join fellow snakes owners.. I've been to PYC 3 times, and my average track time is around 3 minutes! heheheh I seem to be able to break something different everytime!
lawndoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 06:48 AM   #1356
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndoggie
Dude! Where do you play in HK? I just started playing nitro, would like to join fellow snakes owners.. I've been to PYC 3 times, and my average track time is around 3 minutes! heheheh I seem to be able to break something different everytime!
I usually play at ACO and sometimes at PYC. I haven¡¦t taken track time at PYC but I think the average time should be around 1 minute and 10 to 20 depending on the layout of the track. In PYC, I have to change the pinion gears of my Impulse to 15/18-44/48 to suit this technical small track. However, due to its small in size, it is considered to be a good place for training your skill in car set- up and handling. Practice more will reduce your track time. The final round of World Model Cup will be held at ACO track on coming Sunday. As World Model is the sole agent of Serpent and Associated in HK and South East Asia, you will see all the snake and NTC3 in the battle and meet a lot of snake owners.

Last edited by utopian; 11-28-2003 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:55 AM   #1357
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Do like what I'm currently doing... Convert the Impulse PRO to a 705 !
I prefer to invest on new cars, like the 710 and team magic G4 instead of converting my old Impulse. I have heard a lot good comments from G4 owners. However, I cannot make up my mine until I hear comments from you for the new 710. Your commentsis awaited!
Old 11-28-2003, 07:18 AM   #1358
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

for winternats gearing compare last years setups
http://www.mytsn.com/products/setups.asp?prid=2471

just do a math comparison, last year on the 705 I ran the low ratio with a 15/18 49/45 and a 59.5 mmm tire.. and would of liked more bottom punch, and peaked the motor about 2/3rds down the back stretch.. motors will vary as will drive lines.. but ft myers does not have lots of straight away, they have a large entering sweeper into a back stretch, and then a dg leg with a carousel into a timing section.. so not a top speed track but a rythem momentum track.. if you float the carousel you are out of sync for the nrxt 4 turns... probably one of the funner tracks I have ever drivin
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 09:20 AM   #1359
Tech Master

Quote:
I have worry about the strength of the plastic toe in bar for the 'ART' at the 710 , which be broken when hitting with others. Like the NTC3, the toe angle is easy to altered while in collision even Associated supply with a steel tie rod. In the case of 710, you may have to stock dozen of the dog bones for rear drive train!
I believe the plastic toe-in bar is a better design than the steel tie-rod design. The steel simply bends in a collision which alters the toe-in whereas the plastic will flex some first before it breaks which will help keep the toe-in correct. Like FastHarry says, unless you are sitting stopped and someone hits you, you should have no problems with the plastic arm breaking.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:32 AM   #1360
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Gearing for the Winter Nats

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Paolo, are you guys still planning to use the 705 at the Winternats? That would be 6.54 and 5.06 for the final drive ratios respectively.

Question... Why use the short transmission ratio when with the stock internal pulleys and with 15/18 pinions and 49/45 spurs you can also achieve about the same final drive ratios of 6.53 and 5 respectively?

Also, wouldn't it be better to drop down the 1st gear pinion to 15 and use the 50T 1st gear spur instead?

I guess the 2nd gear final drive ratio is about right since that is what is used by Kenji on his MTX-3 at last year's Winternats.

Anyway, I believe when talking about gearing for a particular track, attention should be given also on the tire rollout. I have not raced at the Ft Myers before ( ) but looking at Kenji's setup sheet for last year's Winternats, he used about 61 mm tires with 16/47 (7.42) with 21/42 gearing (5.05). That translates to about close to 38 mm of tire rollout per engine revolution. So since the final drive ratio for the 2nd gear is about the same, you need to start with about 61 mm tires.

Of course, all this gearing talk depends on engine tuning, clutch setup, pipe combo and tire wear !
D, the 710 will be the car for 2004 season.
About transmission, the chioce was not because gearing, but because handling. I found a better compromise in the car with the short transmission. Remember that this way you have to use more split in the tires, so the setup is different. I try the 15/50 combo but i was burning the tires everytime i came out of a corner and tire wear was to high and at the en the lap times where not better. Tire diameter is important, not only for gearing but also for car handle. I think that we where using almost the same diameter.
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 12:41 PM   #1361
Tech Regular

Default wits gearing

Paolo, thanks for your reply. I will be driving the 710 at upcoming winter nats. I have been driving a Mugen for the past two years, and so I don't understand about "the short transmission". Can you clarify, please?
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 12:51 PM   #1362
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: wits gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by clmbia45
Paolo, thanks for your reply. I will be driving the 710 at upcoming winter nats. I have been driving a Mugen for the past two years, and so I don't understand about "the short transmission". Can you clarify, please?
45, don´t worry about the short gearing. This was an option for the 705 where you can change the transmission ratio.
About driving 710 instead of Mugen...............excellent choice
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 02:07 PM   #1363
Tech Adept

Has anybody heard anything official as to how far the car is away from being available in the shops. I have heard mumors in the next week or so?

SN
S710_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:36 AM   #1364
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ammdrew
well the 710 out of the box has a lower( or faster accel) first gear than the 705 did with the lower ratio installed, and the 710 should have the same top end as the 705 without the lower ratio conversion.. if your motor does not bog to hard and slow down to fast.. the spread may be too much on lots of tracks, good chance you will be looking for lower second gears.. ubless the motors are pulling a few hundred more revs in there powerbands..... I will try and start with a lower second gear.. just a bit as first will be a welcomed blessing..

the new firat gear is like having a 14 tooth clutch bell on the 705.. for those who have found a way to do that you know how snappy that is..

please correct any math issues..

The ratios of the 710 compared to the 705:

In first they'd compare with using 14/50 upto 15/47 and all inbetween. 7.15-6.15 final drive.
I normally never used a 14 but on very small tracks?
I think the punch you feel with a very short first gear is more psychological than usefull. I like the first a little longer as it helps to be smooth out of the corners and will keep pulling also after the first two meters.

In second you have the same range as the 705 from 18-20 and 44-46. 5.09-4.48

This is all compared to the stock 23/46 pulleys in the 705.

The Low inertia drive of the 710 will make the larger step possible. Helping both acelleration and top end.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 07:26 AM   #1365
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

Does anybody know when they expect cars in LHS's. I think i am switching to serpent even though the parts are a lot more.
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote