R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-05-2004, 06:56 AM   #13546
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New body 170023, comments?

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
.... Hope Uncle Sow does not see this one.
.... what? where? where's those glasses!

Quote:
[i] A KHM maybe?

The Brits are correct ! [/B]
KHM? Nah ... Mark Green already said no five times!

The Brits? They're turning American by the day hence the idea of changing around here and there.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:08 AM   #13547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hey guys... i may be buying a used 710 roller with pipe and tires from a local guy, it comes with 3 rx 700mah packs and thats about it. how much do u think i should be paying for it?

also, i have no experience with nitro onroad, other than breaking in my friends .15, and ill need advice from you guys. what engine should i get for the 710? im thinking of something cheap, and quite fast, around the $150 usd mark. Also what starter box do you guys recommend for this car.

thanks.
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #13548
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy

Guys I need help I got the 710 over the winter put it all together and know Im just getting around to racing this sumer, but first I have to break in the engine, I have a ns12s5 the compression is so great I cant even get it started even with loosening the glow plug, can someone help? any suggestions.
rcjayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:38 PM   #13549
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
hey guys... i may be buying a used 710 roller with pipe and tires from a local guy, it comes with 3 rx 700mah packs and thats about it. how much do u think i should be paying for it?

also, i have no experience with nitro onroad, other than breaking in my friends .15, and ill need advice from you guys. what engine should i get for the 710? im thinking of something cheap, and quite fast, around the $150 usd mark. Also what starter box do you guys recommend for this car.

thanks.
I hate it when people put cheap on engines on this car
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:40 PM   #13550
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by rcjayy
Guys I need help I got the 710 over the winter put it all together and know Im just getting around to racing this sumer, but first I have to break in the engine, I have a ns12s5 the compression is so great I cant even get it started even with loosening the glow plug, can someone help? any suggestions.
You need to pre-heat the motor with a hairdryer or something similar - at my track we don't have an outlet for mains voltage, so I couldn't use a hairdryer, but instead I simply put my car heater on full and left my 710 in there under the heater for 10 mins. If you do this, you'll have no problems in starting. Follow the break-in procedure in the FAQ below this message.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:51 PM   #13551
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
It really depends upon its condition - for a good used 710, I would work on at most a 66% cost of new. Make sure the chassis is straight and the shocks are working ok - also no parts like shock towers are broken. If this is the case, then it could get expensive.

Quote:

thanks.
I'm not sure what you'll be able to get for that money - maybe someone can think of one here - but I think you need to go about 100 usd more on the engine side - i.e. 3-Port from Novamax is about $250. But maybe someone else knows a better deal. Don't be tempted to get a second hand motor unless you know the person selling it - otherwise you won't know its history and there are a lot of expensive things that can go wrong with it. Ask around at the track for some advice.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:55 PM   #13552
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
I wouldn't say that - depends upon your budget really. If someone is just starting out, then a cheap engine is also ok - there'll still be enough power for them to do enough damage
I started out with the base level Novamega and even that was too fast for me at first - now I've learnt how to control and to tune a motor, I have a nice powerful one!
As a beginner in Nitro it is very easy to ruin a good motor - ruin a cheap one instead use it to learn with

Cheers, Mark.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #13553
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

Are there any higher capcity rx packs for the 710 than the serpent pack? I TQ'd the New England GP last weekend and was 5 laps ahead of 2nd at the 35 minute mark when my rx pack died on me, i zapped it at 2 amps and finished in 3rd, however, I have the regionals coming up in a few weeks, which will also be a 45 minute race so I need to find a solution... I heard some stuff about li-poly rx packs, however, whats the highest capcity AAA's out there? I was also thinking about possibly running a 250mah 12th scale rx pack in parrellel and putting it in the bumper or something....

Any imput would be great, thanks!
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #13554
Tech Elite

Quote:
would you like to buy me a brand new novamega? i mean since u dont like cheapo engines in here.

i was thinking of putting the os .12 tr roar spec engine in it, i have no idea if it would fit or if it would fit the pipe coming with it though.

im a nitro newbie.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #13555
Tech Master

No I don't want to buy you anything I guess you buy what your wallet can handle give Sirio a try they are cheap engines with good hp
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:26 PM   #13556
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by stormperson
Are there any higher capcity rx packs for the 710 than the serpent pack? I TQ'd the New England GP last weekend and was 5 laps ahead of 2nd at the 35 minute mark when my rx pack died on me, i zapped it at 2 amps and finished in 3rd, however, I have the regionals coming up in a few weeks, which will also be a 45 minute race so I need to find a solution... I heard some stuff about li-poly rx packs, however, whats the highest capcity AAA's out there? I was also thinking about possibly running a 250mah 12th scale rx pack in parrellel and putting it in the bumper or something....

Any imput would be great, thanks!
I can run over an hour with 750mAh. Are you using digital servo's? If so, better use a non digital on the throttle. They tend to take a lot of current. Also be precise with end point adjustments.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:18 PM   #13557
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

I am using an airtronics 357 or 8 on the throttle and a JR (possibly digital) on the steering, end points are set correctly, and I am using a personal transponder...

But are there higher capacity cells out there?
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:33 PM   #13558
Tech Adept

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by stormperson

But are there higher capacity cells out there? [/B]

I am currently using 850 AAA in my 710 with Digital Servos
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:11 PM   #13559
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
i put a cheap engine (os tr 3port) on my 710 and won a few races,beating guys using x-12's and jp's.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #13560
Tech Elite

there we go, its skill that matters