Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Clutch

Has anyone tried the yellow shoe with the modified flyweights and the stock spring?

I've read Glenn's article, but I didn't see this combination.

Last edited by PSI Racing; 05-27-2004 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Clutch

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Has anyone tried the yellow shoes with the modified flyweights and the stock spring?

I wander, I think it would be too harsh... maybe not. the clutch will be super efficient... no slip!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i havent hit the track yet but i will this weekend , but the kyosho feel more free than the 710 (less drag) i feel that it should launch out of the corner a little harder but i wont know for sure until the weekend.
I drove a FW-05r before, the pickup is amazing. the car i drove equiped with sx12. it beat a mtx-3 with .15 engine on the pick up. however the stock gearing give no topspeed. I have other car like G4 and 710, they all beat it on the topend even with the engine that was on the FW05r
but who care, we normally won't reach the top end anyway
Old 05-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BaxterC
My bad... I was moved from one site to another and that caused me to miss a couple of days\pages... 10 or so... maybe more and it is not easy to keep up.

Tell my. do you guys have this problem?

When I was setting up the 2 speed, I found that the oval cam that gous into the shoes in the second gear seemed to twist which caused the second to bind, is this normal or do I have a problem?
You have a problem there, it shouldn't do that and lock the 2nd gear.

Take it apart and check that you didn't forget the metallic rollers inside the clutch shoes.

If they're there then check that they've not sunk in too deep.

I am assuming that you've set the two clutch shoes together with the tension adjusting screw correct in the first place ... i.e. with enough tension and yet the shoues are not touching the insides of the clutch housing.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone tried the yellow shoe with the modified flyweights and the stock spring?

Does your LHS already stock them or is there an online store that has them?

Last I heard they were not making those rims. The sponge themselves are the same Ellergi ones anyway right?
Old 05-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Clutch

Originally posted by Sow&Steady

Last I heard they were not making those rims. The sponge themselves are the same Ellergi ones anyway right?
Did you get the right quote?
Old 05-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

You have a problem there, it shouldn't do that and lock the 2nd gear.

Take it apart and check that you didn't forget the metallic rollers inside the clutch shoes.

If they're there then check that they've not sunk in too deep.

I am assuming that you've set the two clutch shoes together with the tension adjusting screw correct in the first place ... i.e. with enough tension and yet the shoues are not touching the insides of the clutch housing.
I thought I made a mistake too, but I checked and rechecked and built the tranny EXACTLY as the manual said. to the work, I did this and checked again, it only twists slightly, it does not lock, but it does cause a bit of friction. and it does not turn as smoothly as I am sure it should. it is ok, only in setup did it do it, I will run this weekend and see if it still does it when I run the car properly... But I am just concerned!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

It is the same... they are supposed to be Ellegi rims...

NOT MAKING THEM... DANG!!! those are great looking wheels. would look great on my car... I will be dissapointed if it is true that they aren't making them anymore!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Clutch

Originally posted by BaxterC
It is the same... they are supposed to be Ellegi rims...

NOT MAKING THEM... DANG!!! those are great looking wheels. would look great on my car... I will be dissapointed if it is true that they aren't making them anymore!
No worries, they will come. We weren't happy with the mould at first. Correcting the mould took a LOT more time than expected. I can't give an exact time when they will become available though.

All good things come to those who wait?
Old 05-27-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was using that combination last weekend to break in my engine, and it was great! I will let you know next week how it performs in actual racing conditions... my first race is this weekend.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by GlennCauley
I was using that combination last weekend to break in my engine, and it was great! I will let you know next week how it performs in actual racing conditions... my first race is this weekend.
Thanks Glenn.
I was about to try that combination.
Good to see that it worked so far.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: New gadget

If you look at 3hobby.com, you'll see that I've posted news on this saying that Glenn Cauley is testing one of them. Unless you have a LOT of loose change in your pocket, I'd say wait for Glenn's review

I will be updating my article on myTSN (or creating a new article) that contains information about the Team Tamale Digital Gap and Endplay Tool.

In short, this tool is totally awesome !!!

I wish I had one years ago. It makes gap measurement so easy and quick it is crazy! No fumbling with calipers trying to get consistent measurements and having to do any math to calculate your clutch gap or endplay.

The newest version of this tool will work with ALL versions of the Centax clutch (from Serpent and Mugen anyways)... Centax-1, Centax-2, and Centax-3.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Clutch

Originally posted by Julius
No worries, they will come. We weren't happy with the mould at first. Correcting the mould took a LOT more time than expected. I can't give an exact time when they will become available though.

All good things come to those who wait?
I agree with you 100%. Thank you for updating me. I really appreciate it.

I am waiting for the lovely rims...
Old 05-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the tips guys...every thing is giong smooth with the car. I wish that you could race with what ever body you wanted to race with...or they should have 1/10 scale races with other bodys...such as supras, CLK GTR,...and so on. I think that making bodys that look nice and then racing them is half the fun, It's weird that the HPI BMW M3 GT body is not legal...
Old 05-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

HPI does not make that Audi A4 body any more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.