Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by GlennCauley
3 words (and they are not "made of glass")

Oh... my... gawd !!!!!!

My 2106 engine was SUCH a pain to break in... got stuck so many times due to cylinder pinch, it took nearly 1 hour to get it running properly. And that was with pre-heating the head with a heatgun.

Funny thing about heat guns... when you heat up the engine with a heatgun, you know when to stop when you can see the fuel start bubbling in the tank.
I should also have known better than to point the heat gun directly at the airfilter (I melted the mesh screen on my Motor Saver airfilter cage) and also softened the top rubber of the rear belt a bit. I had a bit of brain-fade that day.

This engine is going to be a monster... it sounded a lot stronger than the .15 in my S835.

With the stock set-up and stock tires I went to a practice track that was set up Saturday in a parking lot. The lot was not swept, but they did spray sugar-water.

When I ran it I thought I would take it easy to break in the engine properly and not kill anything on the car. I richened the engine a bit (3/4 turn) and then went out.

Oh... my... gawd...

The engine is so strong it is scary. And that was not even broken in yet! I'm glad I modded the clutch... it worked perfectly! Also, the shift point was perfect! I have never had that happen before on the first run.

With smoke trailing and the engine burbling just a hint, I used my favourite 3/4-to-full throttle break-in. On a windy day with temp of about 20C, the engine got up to 225F after I leaned it in a bit after some runs.

Oh... my... gawd...

At the end of the straight, I could pitch the car sideways and do a powerslide at will. The car pushed a bit through the tight stuff, but that is mostly because the track design was much too tight (purposefully). I will play with springs a bit and maybe tires, but the stock setup is a GREAT starting place.

WOW... what a car!!!!!
I must admit, I had a similar experience, I must tell you that the engines are TIGHT!!! I have put about 2 tanks through the engine, 1+1/2 on the bench which has a BIG tank and then 1/2 in the car (too noisy to continue at home) But I cant wait to get to my girlfriend's house this weekend to give the motor a good run. I still cant turn the motor over, with or without the plug. I need somewhere with a powerpoint for the heatgun. What an engine... no no, I am a little off target. WHAT A CAR, complimented by a great engine.

Mark. That stuf looks dang good. I saw that temp guage two days after I ordered mine. nice metal cover. Mine is identical, only mine is blue, with duratrax printed and no metal cover, was about the same price, I paid $27 for mine on tower. That motor looks great with the blue head.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Suspended

I believe that JP now offers their new line of FX motors in stock form and mod form I just hope mark got the modded JP
Old 05-25-2004, 10:18 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by hudy
as long as you people keep your mouths shut about me I wont visit this forum

if you like to keep talking stuff about be I will remain on this forum
I can fix that...

Just don't try to start flame wars.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Suspended

^^^^
THX
Old 05-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TSR6
I can fix that...

Just don't try to start flame wars.
With the utmost respect TSR6 all this guy does is slag off the 710 and tell us how bad it is - we can do without his childish comments in this thread - it is little wonder that no one here gives him any respect.
It's all of his own making! Please look at his previous posts.

Thanks, Mark.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's this thing?

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
You're probably right. So I must have seen something else a while back. It was in one of those very technical Japanese RC magazines ...

I know what it is, It is a fuel pump and 'intercooler'. the pump gives the fuel a constant pressure and the 'intercooler' goes in between the carb and the crank case. 'To cool the air\fuel mixture into the crankcase... I dont know if it works... they call it the 'supercharger'
Old 05-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Newer version?
Just drop a question to daniz24 before you decided to buy any of this engine.
Far as we know (from him), there are so much variant from this new FX 12. They even sell the "standard" one, white crankcase, no additional porting just lighten the crank and put the blue heatsink for reducing the price.
Very much custom base for us.
Just call him "darling..." , he will answer your question.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:41 PM

Newer version?
Here is the pics posted by Daniz24 who doesn`t want to let go his to me He got it for free, that`s why I guess..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=884744
Old 05-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

isn't a rear ball diff better than a solid rear axle why would you want to switch I thought the 710 was a full racing machine not adequete for noob's
Listen. We have told you many times to get lost in space, now DO IT!
Old 05-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Hey guys look what Santa brought me

MY P R E C I O U S !!!!

Hey, PLEASE do us a favour. Either take pictures of the engine internals or do a .wav recording of the engine sound !
I have a recording of mine, but it is in RM format. I will post it on friday if you like, I will try to convert it, it was doing WOT and the Nokia got a fright.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BaxterC
But I cant wait to get to my girlfriend's house this weekend to give the motor a good run.
I hope your Girlfriend doesn't read this forum, BaxterC

Mark. That stuf looks dang good. I saw that temp guage two days after I ordered mine. nice metal cover. Mine is identical, only mine is blue, with duratrax printed and no metal cover, was about the same price, I paid $27 for mine on tower. That motor looks great with the blue head.
Yep! The temp guage is really small and neat! I can't wait to get the motor installed, but I'm not around this weekend so it has to wait until next week - which is getting uncomfortably close to the 200m International in MACH
Old 05-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Hey guys look what Santa brought me

Originally posted by BaxterC
I have a recording of mine, but it is in RM format. I will post it on friday if you like, I will try to convert it, it was doing WOT and the Nokia got a fright.
Cool. Looking forward to it.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe that JP now offers their new line of FX motors in stock form and mod form I just hope mark got the modded JP
Hudy, I must admit that it is a pleasure to read posts like this, please keep it like this and we will appreciate your input. Thank you
Old 05-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
Here is the pics posted by Daniz24 who doesn`t want to let go his to me He got it for free, that`s why I guess..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=884744
FREE! Man he must have used D's ring!!!!
Well I'm going to the track today - need to see if my 2106 stays together when I get home, I'll be taking the JP apart and making some detailed photos
Old 05-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Hey guys look what Santa brought me

Originally posted by markp27
PIC!
Looks good Mark but watch out when running it in to not enjoy the 710 to much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.