Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, I am getting my 710 in only two weeks. Now I am facing a problem though, I wanted to get a Novamega Engine, but the 2106 one that I wanted to get is 300 dollars. I was thinking about getting a rossi engine for 200, what do you guys think?

Hey whats up MArcos, going to be racing hopefully in fall becuase my limit on my birthday is 600 dollars. I am going to buy the kit, engine, and pipe in two weeks. Then I will work for money and hopefully get my radio equipment.

Heres the outlook.
Kit-385
Engine-200
Pipe-50

635 dollars total
Old 05-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default Transponder

Hey guys where can i buy a personal transponder.

thanks wap
Old 05-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Originally posted by amgman
Hey guys, I am getting my 710 in only two weeks. Now I am facing a problem though, I wanted to get a Novamega Engine, but the 2106 one that I wanted to get is 300 dollars. I was thinking about getting a rossi engine for 200, what do you guys think?

Hey whats up MArcos, going to be racing hopefully in fall becuase my limit on my birthday is 600 dollars. I am going to buy the kit, engine, and pipe in two weeks. Then I will work for money and hopefully get my radio equipment.

Heres the outlook.
Kit-385
Engine-200
Pipe-50

635 dollars total
Nobody has the 2106 in stock i have been searching for 2 weeks good luck. Let me know where you getting the rossi engine i might want to buy one too.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Heres the outlook.
Kit-385
Engine-200
Pipe-50

635 dollars total
Which Novarossi engine? If its the NS12 S3, then it is pretty much the same. The Novamega claims to have more horsepower.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am not talking novarossi, I am talkin about a Rossi Black Pixy.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello guys

I have ordered my NovaMega 2106 engine three weeks ago!
And i'm still waiting.

The dealer said to me that they didn't receive this engine now for two monts.

Can't wait no more to set my 710 on the track and give it a go
Now the second week has past and my built 710 it's still colecting dust on my shelf.
I have bought a new Futaba 3PK transmiter too but it doesent go without engine

I allready mised out three important races

If anybody has any information please shear'it.

I should get more information from my dealer tomorow.
Will post'it as soon as i get it

Best Regards
Old 05-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Transponder

Originally posted by Wap
Hey guys where can i buy a personal transponder.

thanks wap
http://www.rccarinternational.com/shop/default.html

Go to "various" then "various parts" and it will show up on top of the list. Since you're not in the EU, you get to pay the price excl. tax.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

If you're thinking of the Pixy Rossi engine (silver or black ovalish heatsink) then its a good engine. Its 3 port but gives enourmous output. I had one for a short while but fell for a 5 port soon after so I let mine go almost new.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

The one that I was going to get is like the one in this pictures.
Black Pixy Rossi
Do you guys think that it puts out more than the= Novamega, becuase I just found a good pdeal on it, but this deal might be even better.

Good Deal.
Look at the starter set one.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

The one that I was going to get is like the one in this pictures.
Black Pixy Rossi
Do you guys think that it puts out more than the= Novamega, becuase I just found a good pdeal on it, but this deal might be even better.

Good Deal.
Look at the starter set one.
That's the one I was referring to earlier on although I've only seen a silver or black coloured heat sink only (mine was the silver 3-port version).

I wouldn't say that it puts out more than an equivalent 3-port Novamega but its more gut feel, I don't have a definite measure. I've run both in 3-port versions and the Novamega feels faster.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, but Rossi have been known to have very long life times if treated correctly, which is very attractive to me. If I buy this engine then I will keep for like....45 years, and I will sell it as an antique when RC cars are powered by nitro engines, and electric cars are nuclear turbine powered .
Old 05-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by evlhdlts
i need some ideas on setup...

i want a lot of steering going into a turn and less steering going out so i can hammer the gas. what should i do?

thanks in advance for the input.
I can't help you with your setup but I will help you with your driving style......
Just one thing....

You lift, you lose........

THE SHOCKER.... OUT.........
Old 05-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

I am not talking novarossi, I am talkin about a Rossi Black Pixy.
Some ppl say the black pixi is great and others say it's garbage...

Novarossi/Mega/RB's are good 100%

Here's a good price
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...191550172&rd=1

Also the RB Concept V12 5 ports is very strong/fast/durable and in the $250's
Old 05-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy manifold problem

Hi guys, ran my engine in yesterday...and noticed that the manifold is almost rubbing the rear pulley (even after fitting in the plastic spacers at the top of the manifold). Im using the Shark Outlaw inline pipe. Anyone has the same problem? Any idea which pipe/manifold will give better clearance? With the manifold sitting so close to the pulley, even a slight whack and the manifold is sure to get dented.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by Devil666
Hi guys, ran my engine in yesterday...and noticed that the manifold is almost rubbing the rear pulley (even after fitting in the plastic spacers at the top of the manifold). Im using the Shark Outlaw inline pipe. Anyone has the same problem? Any idea which pipe/manifold will give better clearance? With the manifold sitting so close to the pulley, even a slight whack and the manifold is sure to get dented.
What plastic spacers??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.