Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
Do what i do, paint bodyshells for Fresh Tyres...
Are you sure they will be fresh tires?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Gearing?

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Hi everyone
iam running the standard gearing on my710 and my car was quick on the straight but seems very sluggish out of the corners i have checked my diff and my my clutch is allmost at the end of the thread! there is 0.7 gap on the clutch i am using a new mova max turbo s3 engine and out of the corners my car gets blown away buy a mugen with and jp modified in it could this be because of the gearing? tracks in this country are very small and tight. would you guys reccomend different grearing for track like these?
Have you done the flyweight mods?

If you have not done it at the moment, I suggest to use a smaller gap of say 0.5 mm or so.

I have done the flyweight mods. My clutch pre-tension nut is set at 1.1 mm with the stock Centax gold spring (1.7 mm diameter) and I'm currently trying the 0.7 mm clutch gap. Very hard acceleration and I need to control the throttle coming out of corners. So for smaller tracks, I suggest going to smaller gaps especially if you do not have much traction.

It could be that your engine bottom end needle (LSN) is still on the rich side which can perhaps be the problem.

Anyway, if your track is indeed small and tight, the standard 17/22 pinion and 60/56 gearing on the car will be too tall for your track. You can stick to your stock 1st gears and change just change your 2nd gears or you could just gear down to 16/21 pinion and 61/57 on the spurs.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Gearing?

Originally posted by InitialD
Have you done the flyweight mods?

If you have not done it at the moment, I suggest to use a smaller gap of say 0.5 mm or so.

I have done the flyweight mods. My clutch pre-tension nut is set at 1.1 mm with the stock Centax gold spring (1.7 mm diameter) and I'm currently trying the 0.7 mm clutch gap. Very hard acceleration and I need to control the throttle coming out of corners. So for smaller tracks, I suggest going to smaller gaps especially if you do not have much traction.

It could be that your engine bottom end needle (LSN) is still on the rich side which can perhaps be the problem.

Anyway, if your track is indeed small and tight, the standard 17/22 pinion and 60/56 gearing on the car will be too tall for your track. You can stick to your stock 1st gears and change just change your 2nd gears or you could just gear down to 16/21 pinion and 61/57 on the spurs.
Thanks D I have done the clutch mod and i will try your clutch settings then i will try the change of gearing, then those mugens going down!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My clutch pre-tension nut is set at 1.1 mm with the stock Centax gold spring (1.7 mm diameter)
if I have .5mm of pretension, it should engage sooner / lower rpms correct? or is it the other way around?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Profoxcg
if I have .5mm of pretension, it should engage sooner / lower rpms correct? or is it the other way around?
Yes. If you loosen your pre-tension clutch nut down to 0.5 mm, your clutch should be engaging earlier.

But anyway, I have found that with that setting I have currently on the clutch, the engine does not engage later. Still very responsive. Maybe only very slightly later than when I set to 0.4 mm clutch gap but acceleration wise with 0.7 mm clutch gap is tremendous. Very agressive clutch setting. Perhaps I need to go down to 0.6 or 0.5 mm to tone down the clutch a little or use a bigger 1st gear pinion.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think you need to be worried about that. You'll be the first they contact if they need any information.
I hope so. I'm desperately needing my fast charger! Not to mention my loot!
Old 04-13-2004, 11:04 PM

In case not mentioned before, HSP-108250 Hudy Ultimate Setup has been revised on the openings (wider) as well as support block gauge (lightweight).

Have not yet tried mine but looks the wider openings meant for S710.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
Have not yet tried mine but looks the wider openings meant for S710.
Woow ! So much power Serpent has over Hudy !
Old 04-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Finally

Hi D,

I'm finally joining the 710 family. Ordered the 710 today, should be here early next week. Looking forward putting it together.

Ron
Old 04-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Finally

Originally posted by Blue Sky
Hi D,

I'm finally joining the 710 family. Ordered the 710 today, should be here early next week. Looking forward putting it together.

Ron
Hi Ron, you're finally back to the Serpent fold after Ralph Burch leaves Serpent ! How ironic !

Hope you enjoy your stay here and the company we have. Looking forward to your inputs like in the good old non HPI forum days !
Old 04-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

Unhappy Re: Re: Finally

Hi Ron, you're finally back to the Serpent fold after Ralph Burch leaves Serpent ! How ironic !

Just read about Ralph Burch is there a Ralph Burch Snr who works for serpent as well as Ralph Burch Jr? According to the serpent usa web site Ralph Burch has left but Ralph Burch Jr won the nationals are these two different people?
Old 04-14-2004, 12:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Finally

Just read about Ralph Burch is there a Ralph Burch Snr who works for serpent as well as Ralph Burch Jr? According to the serpent usa web site Ralph Burch has left but Ralph Burch Jr won the nationals are these two different people?
As far as I know, Ralph Burch Jr and Ralph Burch are the same person...
Old 04-14-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default check this out!!

ok that cleared that up thanks

now check this out!
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-car1_peq.jpg  
Old 04-14-2004, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Default better pic?

Some of the features of this new car are:

- Front regulable one way
- Progressive suspenssion
- asimetric Suspension (different in compression and extension)
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-car1_peq.jpg  
Old 04-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: better pic?

Some of the features of this new car are:

- Front regulable one way
- Progressive suspenssion
- asimetric Suspension (different in compression and extension)
That car was shown here on the forum sometime late last year.
It looks like a nice car.
Some may not like it, but I own and run a Veteq, so I like the design.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.