Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BaxterC
Hi MrChan,

Are you THE MrChan I have heard so much about. with the hobbyshop?
What did you heard about ? bad story ? but I don't have hobbyshop !!

Oi !! I'm not so famous ....
Old 03-23-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Shot in the dark... sorry, I thought you may be the mr Chan I have heard about. but I was wrong...
Old 03-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is it really necessary to change the o-ring everytime you rebuild your shocks? Mine looks fine so I was wondering if its still necessary. Ever feel like the oil in the shocks are useless because of how much compression and rebound the springs have (compared to the shock shaft) especially the red ones?
Old 03-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Ever feel like the oil in the shocks are useless because of how much compression and rebound the springs have (compared to the shock shaft) especially the red ones?
Well the oil is there to prevent the car from bouncing after it compresses. so if you have RED and 20wt oil then it is useless.

but I guess 35-40 with red is good I guess.

I learned this here on this thread
Old 03-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Profoxcg
Well the oil is there to prevent the car from bouncing after it compresses. so if you have RED and 20wt oil then it is useless.

but I guess 35-40 with red is good I guess.

I learned this here on this thread
I some what agree on that as well. Thicker shock wont bounce as much but if its too thin then it probably wont make a difference. I was so pissed off that I couldnt get one of my front shocks to compress correctly so I stayed up until 2:30am to find out the black pivot point top where the ball cups go in had a tiny crack in it due to the big accident I had a few days ago. I kept wondering why there was oil coming out from the top everytime I tighten it. I was like WTF happened to my shocks! SO pissed off I refuse to sleep. Thank god I found the problem. Now I can sleep peacefully. Now im going to agg in the moring when I wake up knowing I didnt get enough sleep. Dam 710 is addicting. Just hate to see her all in pieces.
God dam it, now I have to sleep with my hands black
Old 03-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cyba888
I some what agree on that as well. Thicker shock wont bounce as much but if its too thin then it probably wont make a difference. I was so pissed off that I couldnt get one of my front shocks to compress correctly so I stayed up until 2:30am to find out the black pivot point top where the ball cups go in had a tiny crack in it due to the big accident I had a few days ago. I kept wondering why there was oil coming out from the top everytime I tighten it. I was like WTF happened to my shocks! SO pissed off I refuse to sleep. Thank god I found the problem. Now I can sleep peacefully. Now im going to agg in the moring when I wake up knowing I didnt get enough sleep. Dam 710 is addicting. Just hate to see her all in pieces.
God dam it, now I have to sleep with my hands black
Welcome to the Club! You'll be optimising everything shortly - I've just rebuilt the back end of my 705 for no particular reason except to be sure that everything is lubed and adjusted correctly. And it actually proved to be useful - I found out that my rear anti-roll bar wasn't moving freely enough in its ball socket - the ball part of the left handside was slightly bigger than that on the right - sorted that out now Tomorrow I'll be checking the front Black hands! Uh ho - here comes Girlfriend!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by BaxterC
Hey Julius... this ones for you...

An african pilot flying for SAA is on final aproach at some airport he cant pronounce, while approaching the runway he suddenly remembers the landing gear and reallises that that may be the reason for the screaching from somewhere in the cockpit, but he doesn't know where... lands the plane and slams on the brakes and full flaps and the works, the plane just about sitting on the nose comes to a stop... he says to the copilot... "Sipho, you know, this is the shortest runway I have ever seen, but sheesh she's WIDE!!!"
Any landing you can walk away from is a GOOD landing....
Old 03-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default question ? ?

Have you guys tried these yet? GQ Tires!
Old 03-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: question ? ?

Originally posted by Slotmachine
not yet but i tried the monotuning tires today and they worked great ,awsome tire no chunking excellent grip and tire wear, recommend these tires to any racer.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: question ? ?

Originally posted by Slotmachine
Check'em out Slotmachine
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-gq4329.jpg  
Old 03-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Is it really necessary to change the o-ring everytime you rebuild your shocks?
For me, I change them when the shocks leak easily from the bottom where the O rings are.

Ever feel like the oil in the shocks are useless because of how much compression and rebound the springs have (compared to the shock shaft) especially the red ones?
Shock oil determines how fast and slow the weight transfers. You may not notice it but when you put shocks with different oil in the car, your car handling changes.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a great link for you rc fanatics, very informative. It can get technical so some of you might even enjoy it. This site was recommended by Dino.tw, my "binlang" (beetle nut)friend
Mark you can add this to your faq page

http://home.tiscali.be/be067749/58/

Last edited by cyba888; 03-24-2004 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's a great link for you rc fanatics, very informative. It can get technical so some of you might even enjoy it. This site was recommended by Dino.tw, my "binlang" (beetle nut)friend
Mark you can add this to your faq page
OK where's the link?
Old 03-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

sorry...forgot
http://home.tiscali.be/be067749/58/
Old 03-24-2004, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sparksy
Any landing you can walk away from is a GOOD landing....
Any landing after which you can use the plane again is a great landing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.