Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by NitroHead
How was it??? What is the DIFFerence?
I think it's mostly that you get 4WD braking as oppose to rear 2WD braking with a oneway front. Other than that, the oneway front is generally still faster on the 710.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Profoxcg
and I was told to keep all my front and rear camber the same...
Front left and right can have different camber. So does the rear left and right. Front and rear wheels need not necessarily have the same camber.

I use -1.5 for the front left and right. In the rear, I use -3.5 on the left and -3.0 in the right. That's because the track I run on have more right hand corners and sweepers.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok , so my understanding of camber is correct . right?
Old 04-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
I know this depends on what tracks you run on but when does your 2 speed clutch engage? I think mine engages a bit too early, at around 30% throttle. Is that too early? I just like the 2 speed to kick in right when it hits the straight but it seems to kick in too fast as well in the turns which makes it a bit difficult to drive.
The correct way is to set the 2 speed to engage about 1/3rd of the longest straight. I think that's the general rule of thumb.

If still you find the car uncomfortable in the infields that the 2nd gear still changes and makes your driving difficult, I suggest to test out using a SMALLER 1st gear spur or even using a BIGGER 1st gear pinion to compensate. You will have enough rollout to take your car in the infields in first gear. Remember that changing pinions has a bigger effect on the gearing than by changing spurs.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Prophet

ok , so my understanding of camber is correct . right?
Yes.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

COOL ! I AM learning I am learning !!

now I just need to drive a little better, hehe

Honestly, my driving is not that bad, its just that I need cash for tyres to try out different setups.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
The correct way is to set the 2 speed to engage about 1/3rd of the longest straight. I think that's the general rule of thumb.

If still you find the car uncomfortable in the infields that the 2nd gear still changes and makes your driving difficult, I suggest to test out using a SMALLER 1st gear spur or even using a BIGGER 1st gear pinion to compensate. You will have enough rollout to take your car in the infields in first gear. Remember that changing pinions has a bigger effect on the gearing than by changing spurs.
I think I need to make adjustments so that it doesnt engage too early. Before It would engage at halfway down the straights which in my opinion felt too late. I find it difficult to adjust the 2 speed without taking the gears out.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by jwf_frani
from what ive heard he is now using the kyosho evolva.
well, its good and affodable.. cannot blame him
Old 04-13-2004, 08:03 PM

Hara perhaps?
If they willing to pay, I bet the first person on the list is Surikarn
Old 04-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
If they willing to pay, I bet the first person on the list is Surikarn
But isn't he already driving with Mugen / Kawahara for nitro?
Old 04-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
I think I need to make adjustments so that it doesnt engage too early. Before It would engage at halfway down the straights which in my opinion felt too late. I find it difficult to adjust the 2 speed without taking the gears out.
Yes, it is difficult to access the 2 speed screws from external. I suggest taking them out. It's pretty easy. Use a flat screw and pop out the R5 C clip (keep a lot of them as spare). A quick tip... Push the C clip out downward into your pit towel on the table. That way, it will not pop out into the air when you take off the C clip !
Old 04-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Very nice ! In a race, you pitguy will thank you for that kind of colours. Easy to spot.
Thanks, if thats a compliment
Yea, the main purpose i paint with that color is for my pitboy to recoqnize it. Furthermore, this time, i make sure my color theme is the only one on track...i also paint my EP TB EVO III the same color. all this becoz, my pitboy ever pit the wrong car. He totally mis-watched my car which traction roll on the end of sweeping corner. He still thought my car was still running

by the way...your car's color looks awesome
Crashed_1...are ye in business for another one to paint ? How about 1 set of tires with postage/shipping included?
Old 04-13-2004, 08:49 PM

But isn't he already driving with Mugen / Kawahara for nitro?
not really sure about that.. someone also said he is sponsored by kondo-japan modified engine.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Gearing?

Hi everyone
iam running the standard gearing on my710 and my car was quick on the straight but seems very sluggish out of the corners i have checked my diff and my my clutch is allmost at the end of the thread! there is 0.7 gap on the clutch i am using a new mova max turbo s3 engine and out of the corners my car gets blown away buy a mugen with and jp modified in it could this be because of the gearing? tracks in this country are very small and tight. would you guys reccomend different grearing for track like these?
Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

COOL ! I AM learning I am learning !!

now I just need to drive a little better, hehe

Honestly, my driving is not that bad, its just that I need cash for tyres to try out different setups.
Do what i do, paint bodyshells for Fresh Tyres...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.