Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ub
I am a kind of amused following this forum. Okay, Michael likes wine, Rene doesn´t like orange. But didn´t it start with the seven-ten?
Enjoyed your last article on mytsn!
Old 11-15-2003, 03:17 PM
ub
Tech Rookie

Which one? The 705-review or about VIOL indoor racing?
Old 11-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

705 Rückschau. I've not seen the VIOL report yet.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

UB, do you know where I can find some information about Indoor electric car races in Germany during the winter. Seem to be having a hard time finding information at the moment.

Thanks, Mark.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:29 PM
ub
Tech Rookie

You should go back to myTSN and check out my "racing inside" columns.

I hope you like the review. As Michael mentioned earlier a 1/10-200 car is different to drive than a 1/8 rocket. Lost of people didn´t realise this when switching from 1/8 to scale. And it´s not so easy to change the driving style. I have got an advantage since I run the XRay during winter time.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ub
You should go back to myTSN and check out my "racing inside" columns.

I hope you like the review. As Michael mentioned earlier a 1/10-200 car is different to drive than a 1/8 rocket. Lost of people didn´t realise this when switching from 1/8 to scale. And it´s not so easy to change the driving style. I have got an advantage since I run the XRay during winter time.
I'll check it out!

How does the XRay help your driving for the 1/8th and the 1/10th Verbrenner?

I've bought myself a Tamiya EVO III to drive indoors during the winter - I only started to learn to drive RC this year and it just starting to come together, therefore I don't want to have a long winter break. I'm hoping to find some races in my area, so I can keep practicing.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:34 PM
ub
Tech Rookie

Well, I am really glad to have several indoor tracks close to my home town. A little carpet track at Sinzig (between Bonn and Koblenz), a little tarmac track at Erftstadt (near Cologne), as fast carpet track at Geilenkirchen (Megadrom, near Aachen), the brillant track of VIOL (near Mönchengladbach), a tarmac track at Hemer (near Iserlohn), another carpet track at Hennef (between Cologne and Bonn) - that´s really great.

Check out at www.rcweb.de and of course www.myTSN.com for further information about tracks.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:36 PM
ub
Tech Rookie

As MS said before, you have to drive very smooth, take as much as possible speed into and trough out the corner. That is quite equal to 1/10-200 but not to 1/8 which is more accelerating from corner to corner.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ub
Well, I am really glad to have several indoor tracks close to my home town. A little carpet track at Sinzig (between Bonn and Koblenz), a little tarmac track at Erftstadt (near Cologne), as fast carpet track at Geilenkirchen (Megadrom, near Aachen), the brillant track of VIOL (near Mönchengladbach), a tarmac track at Hemer (near Iserlohn), another carpet track at Hennef (between Cologne and Bonn) - that´s really great.

Check out at www.rcweb.de and of course www.myTSN.com for further information about tracks.
Here I'm spoilt for choice in terms of outdoor tracks - Bamberg, Nuernberg and Amberg tracks are all great and are all within an hour of me. I just seem to have a problem finding indoor tracks.

I'll check out the links, though.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:40 PM
ub
Tech Rookie

Are you happy with your Tamiya TB Evo3? I have just written this cars concerning the transmission probs in my last column. The car is incredible fast - when it runs without problems. But I know a lot of Evo3 owner which already have or will change back to XRay or other. Tamiya hasn´t offered any solution for this car since the car came into the market.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ub
As MS said before, you have to drive very smooth, take as much as possible speed into and trough out the corner. That is quite equal to 1/10-200 but not to 1/8 which is more accelerating from corner to corner.
I think I maybe over-driving my 705 at the moment. I changed the one-way for a solid for my local track in Nürnberg, as I couldn't get to grips with the one-way on this track. There are really only three breaking points on the circuit and at two of those I break really hard and late - this maybe too agressive for a 1/10th?
Old 11-15-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ub
Are you happy with your Tamiya TB Evo3? I have just written this cars concerning the transmission probs in my last column. The car is incredible fast - when it runs without problems. But I know a lot of Evo3 owner which already have or will change back to XRay or other. Tamiya hasn´t offered any solution for this car since the car came into the market.
There is a lot of talk about this on the forums - as I haven't ran the car in anger yet, I haven't hit the problem, but it is quite bad that Tamiya are ignoring it!
There is a guy here in Germany who is offering a modified front diff to solve the problems there and everyone who has tried it have had no more problems with stripped gears. I'm going to try this myself.

In terms of handling, I'm very pleased with the EVO III Surikarn.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:47 PM
ub
Tech Rookie

Long time ago I did some trial laps with the Impulse of Matthias Meister, son of Karl-Heinz Meister. His impulse was fitted out with a solid front axle. It was excellent under breaking but difficult in cornering. I would say that a solid front axle is only an advantage on very specific tracks. But normally a one-way front end should be better - and on very twisty tracks a front end differential could help to improve. I drove my 705 only with a one-way.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:50 PM
ub
Tech Rookie

Nice, you have the RED edition of the Evo3. Well, there are several people trying hard for a solution of the problem. Obviously father and sons Altmann have created a solution which looks to work properly. It´s mainly a splitted drive shaft. I have understood that Tamiya/Carson will offer this item as a hop-up part soon.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ub
Nice, you have the RED edition of the Evo3. Well, there are several people trying hard for a solution of the problem. Obviously father and sons Altmann have created a solution which looks to work properly. It´s mainly a splitted drive shaft. I have understood that Tamiya/Carson will offer this item as a hop-up part soon.
The car does look very nice, I must say.

A split drive shaft! Really - do you mean the drive shaft which run from the back to the front?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.