Old 04-26-2004, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PSI Racing
RCX is finally over.
It was a good weekend.
I went there all 3 days.
I met Ed Enberg of Serpent USA.
Real nice guy and very helpful.
I forgot to ask him about Ralph Burch though.
All in all, RCX was a good experience.
Great, I am glad you enjoyed it, did you see anything in the way of radio gear?

Servos or radios?
Old 04-26-2004, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Have any of you guys running these Serpents run into any problems with them yet? I was reading the G4 forum and they have steering problems. Also where is the best place to purchase one of these kits. I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nitro rookie
Have any of you guys running these Serpents run into any problems with them yet? I was reading the G4 forum and they have steering problems. Also where is the best place to purchase one of these kits. I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Thanks for the help.
In fact, now that I think of it, no, no real problems like that. If you follow the FAQ of Mark27, you will be better than fine...

To get the kit, go to RC-Mushroom and orger from there. I did, they are normally very fast, but I ordered so much, they were out of stock on many of the components. Remember to get your Pit towel, only $1, and it is as big as a medium sized beach towel, I have one and ordered 4 more
Old 04-26-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the quick reply. One more question. How are these cars on a short tight track?
Old 04-26-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nitro rookie
Thanks for the quick reply. One more question. How are these cars on a short tight track?
Depending on how it is set up, you will be fast if you use the (optional) pins to make the front one way a solid axle, or the (optional) ball diff. The pins are like $5 for the set. If you use it as a one way, you will be faster on a longer track. I am sure that one of the more knowledgable will help if I am wrong.

Everything boils down to your driving tyle and your set-up. I can tell you that the 710 is much easier to setup than one of the other cars.

The choice is up to you. A Lot of people say that you MUST look for parts availability, I didn't, I dont mind waiting, I know that there is a guy at my local tracks that sells serpent parts, I can also get from HK, but it will take longer.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VIP CARD

Originally posted by BaxterC
We will see my dear Harry. I will surprise you with a visit. I mentioned Ofna as a joke... You will more than like ly kick my A$$ because of driving style... But I still want to race on all the tracks I can around the world, and that is a dream I intend to fulfil in 2005.
hopefully i can join you there and race too!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Engine break-in article in recent RC magazine

Has anyone read the nitro engine break-in article that was published in a recent RC magazine? It was either RC Nitro or Xtreme RC Car magazine.

They say to let the new engine idle through the first fuel tank or two. This is SO wrong... unless you want to prematurely wear out your new engine... then go right ahead.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VIP CARD

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
hopefully i can join you there and race too!!!
HOPEFULLY... How are things going? Have you checked your mail? Hows the house coming along?
Old 04-26-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Engine break-in article in recent RC magazine

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Has anyone read the nitro engine break-in article that was published in a recent RC magazine? It was either RC Nitro or Xtreme RC Car magazine.

They say to let the new engine idle through the first fuel tank or two. This is SO wrong... unless you want to prematurely wear out your new engine... then go right ahead.
Please let me know, cos I am a bit confused, I have taken bits from everywhere and come up with a rather extensive procedure that seems to work well, let me know what to do for the first tank please if you can.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VIP CARD

HOPEFULLY... How are things going? Have you checked your mail? Hows the house coming along?
the house is almost done the carpet is being laid down tomorow and yes i checked my email i have that meeting later on today!will be racing this weekend
Old 04-26-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VIP CARD

the house is almost done the carpet is being laid down tomorow and yes i checked my email i have that meeting later on today!will be racing this weekend
Sweet, It is great that you are getting to play with the little one in the workshop... My kit still has not arrived, maybe this week, maybe next, I dont know, our customs is soooo slow, it may take another 3 weeks (darn I hope not)...
Old 04-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VIP CARD

Sweet, It is great that you are getting to play with the little one in the workshop... My kit still has not arrived, maybe this week, maybe next, I dont know, our customs is soooo slow, it may take another 3 weeks (darn I hope not)...
thats too long , well it will be worth the wait!
Old 04-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VIP CARD

thats too long , well it will be worth the wait!
I know... I am just getting a bit impatient as I have 5 outstanding orders, and I spent a whole LOAD of money. I am sure it will all be here soon though.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VIP CARD

I know... I am just getting a bit impatient as I have 5 outstanding orders, and I spent a whole LOAD of money. I am sure it will all be here soon though.
i hope that it will too, you will keep us updated!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VIP CARD

i hope that it will too, you will keep us updated!!!
Of coarse, with pics... which reminds me... how about some pics of da house, but I think maybe for security reasons dont post pics of your home... but remember that we do want to see it when its done. So you stay two hours away from the track that is far... is there one closer?

We have a couple of tracks, one is 5 minutes away, and the other is 45 minutes, and another about an hour, but that one is very square.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.