R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2004, 11:41 PM   #4786
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Thanks "B" like you said, better to give the servo's a try first and see how they are. If there garbage then I'll get new ones.
Just bought a Serpent 710!!!! $380 shipped to my door. Still unopened in the box. Now all I have left to buy are spare parts and lots of extra foam tires. I'm thinking I'll get 18 sets of tires! 9 front sets and 9 rear sets. A couple different compounds to try out. Plus I'll get spares of things like front bumper plates, hingepins, control arms, pillow balls, knuckles, belts, shock towers and dog bones. I should be completely ready to race by April!!!! This summer is going to be awesome! Talk you guys later...
Thats great!...i think that apollo will be open before landown track (it has some stupid problems with the mall and the organizers)...

I guess i will see you and your 710 at Apollo then! thats fantastic..i look foward to racing with ya
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 11:53 PM   #4787
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I look forward to racing with you as well. What is your name? SO that I don't have to go around asking for "B" from RC Tech Your racing a MTX 3, right? Can't wait to see that as well. That car was a very close second for me. I was actually going to get that first and then saw the 710. Both cars I feal are awseome performers. What engine are you going to run in your car this year? Were you at Apollo last weekend? Are you going to be there on the next nice weekend? If so, I may have to come out and check out your car. Later.
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:07 AM   #4788
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
I look forward to racing with you as well. What is your name? SO that I don't have to go around asking for "B" from RC Tech Your racing a MTX 3, right? Can't wait to see that as well. That car was a very close second for me. I was actually going to get that first and then saw the 710. Both cars I feal are awseome performers. What engine are you going to run in your car this year? Were you at Apollo last weekend? Are you going to be there on the next nice weekend? If so, I may have to come out and check out your car. Later.
My name is Bill.

i dont think apollo's track is open yet? Correct me if i am wrong, i am quite looking foward to racing on it again.
I am still using an old X12...on that small track, I think this engine is plenty enough already..

My car is all dissembled right now...I have not had the time to rebuild it...when the track is open, i for sure will get it done.

My car is all stock, nothing fancy about. On the other hand, Fire's car is almost fully optioned with a brand new MAX, it looks nice
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:36 AM   #4789
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

In case it has not been posted on Mytsn, you could visit my webgpage (signature below) for March new product releases from Serpent Motorsport.. nice goodies

PS: Download on Microsoft Word format.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:42 AM   #4790
Tech Master
 
sparksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisvagas
Posts: 1,951
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
We do not ship overseas, please support your country hobby shops
Is this still the case Pyramid?
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:01 AM   #4791
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
Is this still the case Pyramid?
If you could not buy it in your country... or when they jack up prices such as the case with G4 in both US and Europe.. I do not mind helping out. But please remember, without them, racers also have nothing.. and vice versa.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 AM   #4792
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3
Cool Thanks for the help with the tool set!

Hello all I just wanted to thank you all for the advise on the 710s' tool set!
Afrofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:06 AM   #4793
Tech Fanatic
 
cyba888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taipei
Posts: 988
Default

I just ordered the PMB setup system. Its much cheaper than the Hudy, does anyone have one or have used it before? Im sure Hudy's are nice but its not worth the extra $$ IMO.
__________________
2014 and 2015 BD7 Black Series, Yokomo RPX ESC- Yokomo 4.5T Motor
Yokomo B-MAX4 III Factory Team Kit, Muchmore ESC- LRP 6.5T Motor
Mugen MBX7R Eco- 2200 KV Motor
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:29 AM   #4794
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
I just ordered the PMB setup system. Its much cheaper than the Hudy, does anyone have one or have used it before? Im sure Hudy's are nice but its not worth the extra $$ IMO.
I've seen one at the shop. Well, the plastics are thinner than Hudy's. But I think you get some cloth pouch or bag to put and carry the setup gauges.

It should work OK though. In other words, you get what you pay for.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:40 AM   #4795
Tech Fanatic
 
cyba888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taipei
Posts: 988
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I've seen one at the shop. Well, the plastics are thinner than Hudy's. But I think you get some cloth pouch or bag to put and carry the setup gauges.

It should work OK though. In other words, you get what you pay for.
Exactly

As long as it works then im happy. I guess there are times when you dont need the best I also have the Team Magic droop and ride height guage combo which works just fine. I think this is actually better because all you have to do is take the droop guage and lay it on one side and it becomes a ride height guage as well.
__________________
2014 and 2015 BD7 Black Series, Yokomo RPX ESC- Yokomo 4.5T Motor
Yokomo B-MAX4 III Factory Team Kit, Muchmore ESC- LRP 6.5T Motor
Mugen MBX7R Eco- 2200 KV Motor
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:02 AM   #4796
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 111
Default need a novamega sx12 ss 3port turbo engine

does anyone here know where I can get a novamega sx12 ss 3p turbo engine for a really good price? becuase I am going to buy one and if any of you have a novarrosi ns15s5 can you tell me how it performs and where could I get one for a good price thanks!
baller360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:05 AM   #4797
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
I also have the Team Magic droop and ride height guage combo which works just fine.
I'll let you in on a secret ! I'm still use Eagle Racing plastic / perspeks droop gauges that I got some time back with my Hudy prisms which I got separately ! The Hudy decal sheet I have is pasted on a clear perspeks board that I got from a frame shop ! There you have it !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:17 AM   #4798
Tech Fanatic
 
BaxterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 801
Default

Hi there Guys...

I reallize that what I am going to ask is going to make you all laugh wildly. I know what the basic differences are between foam and rubber are. but I have a rather odd question... The 710 has 62mm 40 shore tyres front and back, but what I am wonderring is, what is the width of the tyres, front and back? also, I am looking for a VERY long lasting foam tyre, traction isnt an issue, I am thinking nitro shoes, but I dont know what shore tyres I should go for. I would like to be competitive on the track, but for now, I am worried about both the pocket and learning to be competitive. I have been in R/C for a while, but never raced. I have a few sets of rubber tires that I will use to get to know the car and tracks, then go to foams later.

Thank you for helping me with this.

BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:21 AM   #4799
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,186
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Hi there Guys...

I reallize that what I am going to ask is going to make you all laugh wildly. I know what the basic differences are between foam and rubber are. but I have a rather odd question... The 710 has 62mm 40 shore tyres front and back, but what I am wonderring is, what is the width of the tyres, front and back? also, I am looking for a VERY long lasting foam tyre, traction isnt an issue, I am thinking nitro shoes, but I dont know what shore tyres I should go for. I would like to be competitive on the track, but for now, I am worried about both the pocket and learning to be competitive. I have been in R/C for a while, but never raced. I have a few sets of rubber tires that I will use to get to know the car and tracks, then go to foams later.

Thank you for helping me with this.

the tires are 30mm rear and 26mm fronts, and for a longlasting foam get a higher shore (harder tire) like a 45 shore they would last a little bit longer, but it also depends on your set up and driving style and track surface. This past weekend i ran my serpent 710 at one of my local tracks in a 20 minute main and the tires only wore out 3mm. I was running 37 shore front and rear.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:29 AM   #4800
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 111
Default

can someone please answer my post!
baller360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net