R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #22846
Tech Adept

Has anyone ever had problems with motors suddenly going lean after 5 or 10 minutes on the track? It's come in 1st stop at 230 or less and then lean bogs 2.5 minutes later and dies at 3-350. I've switched fuel line, tanks, pipes and motors and nothing has helped. I never had this problem with my NTC3, impulse or vector and I've run out of ideas.
RTolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #22847
Tech Regular

Rtolle:

It looks that you have an air leak , that comes after the engine heat and expand properly. First I will think of resealling back plate, carb etc. Also check your tank. If nothing helo, you probably have a crack on the crank.
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:31 AM   #22848
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
I asked M.S... he won't say a word so I am sure something is going on...
ok, i better stop the rumour... haha

Rumours rumours rumours.... Serpent is always testing things.. so there are always rumours... you need to be worried if they are not testing things...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #22849
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Rumours rumours rumours.... Serpent is always testing things.. so there are always rumours... you need to be worried if they are not testing things...
Agree with you 100%
Old 01-14-2006, 03:48 AM   #22850
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

It's been awhile since i have looked at the S710. I did get one when they first came out, but i had problems with the clutch and gave up in frustration. I think looking back it was more user inflicted pain rather then anything else...

I am looking at a few options for the 2006 season and wondered if there is anything major that is required after the kit purchase? I do remember breaking a front dogbone in the early stages. But i see Serpent have released CVD's, however i just read that it isn't a good idea to use these with the front spool:S

Also,

Is there anything else required to finish off the rear gear diff (#802600) or is it just add oil and it is RTR?

I have seen things being posted about a new chassis could be released soon, i know Serpent have not commented publicily about it, but RC-Mushroom have dropped the price on the S710 too

I look forward to reading your replies.

H_O
Old 01-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #22851
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked_on
Hi Guys,

It's been awhile since i have looked at the S710. I did get one when they first came out, but i had problems with the clutch and gave up in frustration. I think looking back it was more user inflicted pain rather then anything else...

I am looking at a few options for the 2006 season and wondered if there is anything major that is required after the kit purchase? I do remember breaking a front dogbone in the early stages. But i see Serpent have released CVD's, however i just read that it isn't a good idea to use these with the front spool:S
I've not used a spool for the front since getting the CVD so can't comment.

Quote:
Is there anything else required to finish off the rear gear diff (#802600) or is it just add oil and it is RTR?
Nope, fully RTR ... I just finished installing mine .. you could have seen me doing it on the Webcam at 3hobby.net last night and this morning (UK time).

All you need is oil ...

The diff's outdrives are even supported by ball bearings ... I don't many people noticed that because I've never seen that little fact mentioned before.

Quote:
I have seen things being posted about a new chassis could be released soon, i know Serpent have not commented publicily about it, but RC-Mushroom have dropped the price on the S710 too

H_O
Well, rumours are rumours ... like someone said earlier, the day Serpent stops developing then we need to worry. For now they've not taken their eyes off the 710. For the upcoming Worlds in Australia ... its another story. Maybe upgrades for the 710, maybe a "720" ...
Old 01-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #22852
adl
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to adl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked_on
Hi Guys,

Also,

H_O
i have the cvds in front with the ball diff and it works just fine actually it is smooother than with a dog bone also it seems like you can set the end point just a little bit more if you need to without any binding
adl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #22853
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you guys for your prompt replies

So about from getting CVD's for the front is there anything else i would need before i can hit the track with the stock form kit?

Also,

Is there an overdrive option on the 710? And is it possible for the gear diff to be used up front?

H_O
Old 01-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #22854
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I haven't paid much attention to my 710 for awhile, but need to since I'm heading to the pre-worlds. Tried the gear diff today after seeing posts here and I was able to set my Personal Best. Now I'm all keen again, I better pull it apart and give it a clean.
Greg M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:30 PM   #22855
Tech Addict

Double post

Last edited by Greg M; 01-14-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:47 AM   #22856
Tech Regular

Serpent is testing other roll centers. So if you see a serpent with some weird looking uprights or stuff, it's rollcenter testing!
We've seen it here on the dutch tracks already, it's serpents way of testing things, they are always testing stuff around at the mach track, really nothing special...

Actually, 2 months before the 960 came out, they where still testing stuff on the 950 car....
Old 01-15-2006, 04:51 AM   #22857
Tech Regular

Default Gear diff oil and brands

So, the new gear diff is here, mine is at the shop waiting to be picked up

Now i still need to find a brand of diff oil, serpent will come with there own diff oil in short time, but for now, we need some other band. From the guys from serpent we here that X-Ray is good.
Mugen has diff oil, but the steps are from 50000 to 100000, witch is rather a lage step, so that brand will fall of for me.
Are there any other brands of diff oil? And if so, are there differences in the quality? (how long do they last etc, etc...) An other thing, how is the pricing/quality/volume ratio of one bottle?
Old 01-15-2006, 08:01 AM   #22858
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Mugen has diff oil, but the steps are from 50000 to 100000, witch is rather a lage step, so that brand will fall of for me.
I'm having Mugen diff oil of 10000, 30000 and 50000 weight in my tool box. Mugen has got diff oil ranging from 3K onwards; although I vaguely remembered that I saw a tube of 1K diff oil in my LHS, not 100% sure about that.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:06 AM   #22859
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
I'm having Mugen diff oil of 10000, 30000 and 50000 weight in my tool box. Mugen has got diff oil ranging from 3K onwards; although I vaguely remembered that I saw a tube of 1K diff oil in my LHS, not 100% sure about that.
I have Mugen 3K and 5K. This was back in the Nitro days when we used Rubber tires.
Also Kyosho made 5k

Last edited by kitracer; 01-15-2006 at 08:42 PM.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #22860
Tech Addict

I ran Ofna 30,000wt and it was great.