R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 AM   #22606
Tech Adept
 
Ridder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maasland, Netherlands
Posts: 131
Default

In step 8.1, the first thing that is put on the engine shaft is a washer of 0.5 mm.
Mine has a 0.2mm washer.
What would be the effect of the thinner washer?
Ridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:47 AM   #22607
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridder
In step 8.1, the first thing that is put on the engine shaft is a washer of 0.5 mm.
Mine has a 0.2mm washer.
What would be the effect of the thinner washer?
You mean behind the flywheel?
A thinner washer here might give to much endplay, so you need a lot of small shims to eliminate this endplay again.....
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #22608
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpanama
Thanks very much Julius I was thinking on the 17/22 61/55 as an option for a short straight with very tide corners, I will try it to see tomorrow I will be practicing.

RCPANAMA

Sorry I made a mistake I wanted to say 17/22 61/57

RCPANAMA
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:51 PM   #22609
Tech Adept
 
Ridder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maasland, Netherlands
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
You mean behind the flywheel?
A thinner washer here might give to much endplay, so you need a lot of small shims to eliminate this endplay again.....

It's the first thing that goes on the crankshaft: first this washer, then the conical thing.
Ridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:13 AM   #22610
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridder
It's the first thing that goes on the crankshaft: first this washer, then the conical thing.
In the end it's the combination of washers behind the flywheel and on thrustbearing carrier together that set the endplay. I use a 1mm shim between the cone and the engine bearing so I can use less shims on the thrust bearing carrier.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:48 PM   #22611
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Definitely wrong head or wrong innards. The NSR12S5 is completely different to the L3.
Wrong head
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:14 AM   #22612
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
In the end it's the combination of washers behind the flywheel and on thrustbearing carrier together that set the endplay. I use a 1mm shim between the cone and the engine bearing so I can use less shims on the thrust bearing carrier.
Yes, this is true ... useful to know when you find you're having to use too many shims in the front and run out of them!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:44 AM   #22613
Buyer Beware
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

anything i need to look out for,i am about to start building the 710....
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #22614
Tech Adept
 
rccobra705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chile
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
anything i need to look out for,i am about to start building the 710....
Hi Kit

Check out Markp27

710 FAQ Vers. 2.3 @ http://3hobby.net/dloads/710FAQ_Rev2.3.zip
rccobra705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #22615
Buyer Beware
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccobra705
Hi Kit

Check out Markp27

710 FAQ Vers. 2.3 @ http://3hobby.net/dloads/710FAQ_Rev2.3.zip
i cannot get into it...
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #22616
Tech Adept
 
rccobra705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chile
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
i cannot get into it...
Kit,

I have no problem to get it from rctech

Use rigth mouse bottom and save as

or register at www.3hobby.net and look at download section.
rccobra705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #22617
Buyer Beware
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccobra705
Kit,

I have no problem to get it from rctech

Use rigth mouse bottom and save as

or register at www.3hobby.net and look at download section.
i was just moved to this desk here at work,and it is telling me that i am forbidden to go to site..??????
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #22618
Tech Adept
 
rccobra705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chile
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
i was just moved to this desk here at work,and it is telling me that i am forbidden to go to site..??????
Sound strange.

You can get at least vers. 2.2 at the 710 download page at myTSN, if you have problems with rctech or 3hobby. There are not the big difference between 2.2 and 2.3
This FAQ are a very good document.

Luck
rccobra705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:27 AM   #22619
Buyer Beware
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccobra705
Sound strange.

You can get at least vers. 2.2 at the 710 download page at myTSN, if you have problems with rctech or 3hobby. There are not the big difference between 2.2 and 2.3
This FAQ are a very good document.

Luck
i cannot find it...
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #22620
Tech Adept
 
rccobra705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chile
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
i cannot find it...
Kit

Here are the link to MyTSN:

http://www.mytsn.com/products/downlds.asp?prid=3293

regards
rccobra705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net