R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #21061
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett.w
i kind of had the same problem yesterday, for no reason all the botom end went, i changed the plug, checked the clutch and did the pinch test every thing seemed ok so i am kinda stumped! but when it did pick up it was real good.
I guys

Airleaking.........that's the problem. So far i had same problem in 1 engine. The 2 cams that you use to fix the carb at the crankcase in some case are some tents too long, and so even if you tigth the screw all the way down, still the carb is not really tigth and some air leaks from there (i had 1 engine that with the screw all the way, the carb was loose :weird
To solve this, you need to take out the 2 cams, grind a little bit and then the problem is solved.
Anyway, if there is no airleaking and the engine is running good and progressively is becoming lean, i normally rich the HSN (wich since is the "main" needle, it will also rich the bottom at the same time.

About compression, at sea level with 16% you should use 0.3 mm. Anyway, reading the plug is the best way for me

Another tip is the oring inside the crankcase (there is an internal oring inside the crank where the carb is located. I have had some bad experience with the internal oring cause the fit is so tigth that in several cases when you install the carb you strip the oring and the black parts goes in the crankshaft making a mess (not a big problem, is easy to solve, but anyway). I am using my engines without the oring (i use only the oring that is in the carb and no problem at all.

Paolo
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:02 PM   #21062
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by lagnaf

What about the real thing?

Now I realy dont know how to turn the disk
If u refuse to believe on Mercedes, you won't believe KHM either

Seriously, I never try to install it the other way around so I couldn't give any comments which directions will be able clean itself, simply, because I tought the AMG brake is the one that should throw all dirts toward front of the car/engine which makes you able to clean them out after.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #21063
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by alucard13
I am planning on racing this weekend and want to get a new pipe. I dont need anything special. Just something that fits without any modifications. Any suggestions with links that can deliver by friday? Thanx guys

My engine is a L3 from Nova Rossi.
Perhaps I'm too late already but something that is guaranteed to work correctly is the Novarossi 52606 or the 52607 outlaw inline pipe. You can also go for the RB and the NovaMax varients. No mods required.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:03 PM   #21064
Tech Addict

Default Re: FAQ Update Warning!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
What is missing in the FAQ which you would like to see.

I'm spending the rainy day today updating the FAQ.

Let me know what you'd like to see.

Cheers, Mark.
Hi Mark,

Donno if it's relevant, but maybe you can put in the quick steps of removing/changing diffs, belts, removing engine, radio tray, etc.
I'm thinking at beginner level...

Cheers...
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:08 PM   #21065
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: FAQ Update Warning!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader
Donno if it's relevant, but maybe you can put in the quick steps of removing/changing diffs, belts, removing engine, radio tray, etc.
Yes, I agree. That's pretty handy to have. For me, I sometimes still forget how or what to take out (for instance replacing belts) as I rarely need to do maintenance on the 710.

Besides, I believe a lot of people out there and team drivers have their own method of doing things and it'll be great if all their tricks of dissassembling and maintenance is known.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #21066
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: FAQ Update Warning!!!!!

Quote:
Hi Mark,

Cheers...
You need to stretch out with your feelings - don't trust your eyes!!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:16 PM   #21067
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: FAQ Update Warning!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, I agree. That's pretty handy to have. For me, I sometimes still forget how or what to take out (for instance replacing belts) as I rarely need to do maintenance on the 710.
That's why you keep needing my dirt-filterŪ upgrades

Quote:
Besides, I believe a lot of people out there and team drivers have their own method of doing things and it'll be great if all their tricks of dissassembling and maintenance is known.
You'll have to kill me to get your filthy paws on Rene's secrets
Old 04-10-2005, 11:36 PM   #21068
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: FAQ Update Warning!!!!!

Quote:
That's why you keep needing my dirt-filterŪ upgrades
Sorry, I don't rely on them. WYSIWYG. Besides, you kep giving crippled versions that ore often than not, it turns out looking even dirtier than it actually is.

Quote:
You'll have to kill me to get your filthy paws on Rene's secrets
Not keeping everything for yourself eh? I see that the evil RING has corrupted you.

That's why sometimes it's good to just watch how these pros wrench their cars. There's bound to be a trick or two that you can pick up.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:40 PM   #21069
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: FAQ Update Warning!!!!!

Quote:
You need to stretch out with your feelings - don't trust your eyes!!!
Ah...
Sometimes I try using the Force. Since I am a Sith Lord, I tend to give in to my anger and frustrations. And end up destroying too many parts...
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:42 PM   #21070
Tech Elite

Default Paolo

Thanks for the answers - I'll try the shims down to 0.3 first.

Also I've noticed something with the rubber seal on the carb slider shown in the picture below:

When I pull the carb slider out, I see some of the barrel at the location marked with the red circle in the picture, i.e. the end of the rubber seal isn't attached to the slider and won't form a seal (from what I can see).

Should this not be completely sealed? Do I need to place the end of the rubber seal under the silver servo attachment ring?

Last edited by markp27; 04-11-2005 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:47 PM   #21071
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Paolo M
About compression, at sea level with 16% you should use 0.3 mm. Anyway, reading the plug is the best way for me
Anyone got any good photos of what a good plug should look like? Also pics of too rich and too lean would be good - I can add these to the FAQ.
I can't read a plug at the moment, as I'm not sure what a good one should look like
Old 04-10-2005, 11:48 PM   #21072
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: FAQ Update Warning!!!!!

Quote:
Ah...
Sometimes I try using the Force. Since I am a Sith Lord, I tend to give in to my anger and frustrations. And end up destroying too many parts...
Hmm, in that case, it is probably better I add something to the FAQ
Old 04-11-2005, 01:30 AM   #21073
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default Re: Re: I printed the FAQ

Quote:
The links will be fixed this time

Adding the articles is a lot more work, though - this won't happen in this revision, but maybe for version 3.
I've added some more things which I think are useful, like the drive ratio table and Julius' Luxembourg setup sheet - these are things which are useful to have at the track.

Any further suggestions?
Erh.. maybe copy the last page of the setup book (with the table of what to change to get what results?) into the FAQ... i use it a lot, (yes, i'm a noob!)

I also thing the setup book realy is easy on saying 'change the tires' that's not what i want to do because it costs to mutch for me.... Also, maybe something on the airo package of the car? (body, and hols?)
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:43 AM   #21074
Tech Fanatic

Anyone interested in buying a used 710 with only 1 tank of fuel used. Also have extra kit used as spare parts....about 90% of the parts are unused including the chassis. Nothing wrong with the car. You can ask Dinotw on these forums.

Max MF modified engine, Sanwa WRX steering, Sanwa WRX throttle, AMB Transponder, Ko Propo power switch, Integy setup system, Black Magic starter box, 4 Hudy tools, Droop guage, and some other parts I cant think of right now. Besides the stock kit I bought additional new clutch shoe and flywheel which are still new unopened.

Reason im selling is I have moved to a new hobby. My Evolution 8
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:06 AM   #21075
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Paolo

Quote:
Thanks for the answers - I'll try the shims down to 0.3 first.

Also I've noticed something with the rubber seal on the carb slider shown in the picture below:

When I pull the carb slider out, I see some of the barrel at the location marked with the red circle in the picture, i.e. the end of the rubber seal isn't attached to the slider and won't form a seal (from what I can see).

Should this not be completely sealed? Do I need to place the end of the rubber seal under the silver servo attachment ring?
Mark,
The rubber cap is there to stop dust etc getting into the carb. There are orings sealing the throtle barrel.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote