R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-03-2005, 04:18 AM   #22561
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Ray, yeah I got them from CMC. I think they were about $60.00 a pair. I went over there just before we flew over to Perth & picked them up along with a few other bits so I dont remember the exact price. Give them a ring & they will mail them out for you. While you are at it grab a lola front bumper & cut it down to suit a sedan body. It will be a good thing at Penrith. Looking forward to next Tuesday to see how I stack up against the 710 master Hopefully I will give you a run for your money.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:01 AM   #22562
Tech Adept

sweet ill will be sneaking over to check out the new bits
lowlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:39 AM   #22563
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
A quick opportunist! Not bad for an old fart!
Good job I don't race at your track, Bro - two old farts would make a real stink
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:40 AM   #22564
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Racer
Is the chassis on the 710 suppose to be completly flat? I put it on a flat surface and it titer toters on the middle...

edit: oops I guess if I assemble the upper deck first that will help straighten it out...right????
The chassis is fine - all of mine where like this - they'll be flat once everything is assembled.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #22565
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
Thanks Markp27.. Those tips were covered in building the car... I've been in this hobby for awhile... I've driven Mugen, AE NTC3 and Mongoose-G4... I know every car has it's +'s & -'s.... ie. strong points and weak points... Area's that could be bullet proof and area's to watch out for... Could have been a bad batch of steering knuckles... The car is build right and drives great... I'll figure this one out... Thanks again and I'm looking forward to seeing those pics...

RC_Alan
Here's the pic - not sure if it'll help you, but here it is anyway

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #22566
Tech Fanatic

thanks guys. I really appreciate all your help.
Speed_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #22567
Tech Fanatic

I just assembled everything and i still have a slight bend at the back. When I push down on the back shock tower the front goes up. Is that normal? I think I have the aftermarket chassis. Its 4mm and black. I got this used so don't really know if it is the stock chassis.

edit: Also when I engage the brake and disengage it it still for some reason drags. When I move the disc a little it frees up. Has anyone tried to put a spring or anything to pull the pads apart?

Last edited by Speed_Racer; 11-03-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:06 PM   #22568
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I just assembled everything and i still have a slight bend at the back. When I push down on the back shock tower the front goes up. Is that normal? I think I have the aftermarket chassis. Its 4mm and black. I got this used so don't really know if it is the stock chassis.

edit: Also when I engage the brake and disengage it it still for some reason drags. When I move the disc a little it frees up. Has anyone tried to put a spring or anything to pull the pads apart?
Speed_Racer, bring your car out to Crystal park RC raceway this weekend and I'm sure between Me and and a few other 710 drivers, we'll be able to help you and get your car set up... There's a club race this weekend so, I know there will be a few 710 drivers there... I'll bring my setup tools as well.. If you need directions, PM me... Markp27... Thanks for the pic... I have a few ideas I'm going to try this week and see how they turn out this weekend...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #22569
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
Speed_Racer, bring your car out to Crystal park RC raceway this weekend and I'm sure between Me and and a few other 710 drivers, we'll be able to help you and get your car set up... There's a club race this weekend so, I know there will be a few 710 drivers there... I'll bring my setup tools as well.. If you need directions, PM me... Markp27... Thanks for the pic... I have a few ideas I'm going to try this week and see how they turn out this weekend...

RC_Alan
Thanks. I really appreciate it but unfortunatly I will be heading to San Diego Sat morning. Shucks.... I would of loved to get help setting it up since I'm new to this.

BTW: I sent you a PM
Old 11-04-2005, 02:13 AM   #22570
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

A black chassis is not a serpent part. Or it might have been coloured by the previous owner. Still as long as the chassis is not twisted sideways the small bend is not a problem.

As to your brake problem, make sure the alu post can move freely. If not very slightly open up the holes in the bulkhead it runs through. And also check if the pads can move freely on the pins. You shouldn't need anything to keep them apart.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:20 AM   #22571
Tech Adept

Default `New ` Ride

My well used 710 arrived today from Canada.
Nice project for the wintermonths.

It has a NovoRossi engine and Shark pipe.
It should be a NS12S5.....but how can you be sure?
There's nothing on the cooling head and on the crankcase is Nova on one side and " 12 R" (the NovaRossi "R") on the other...are there any markings the differentiate the models?

The front dogbones are a bit bent and the streering goes a wee bit heavy...have to check that out...but I have plenty of time before racing season starts again.
Ridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:06 AM   #22572
Tech Adept

I run a NS12S5 in my second 710 it has NOVA and S12 on the sides of the case.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:09 AM   #22573
Tech Adept

The R may be for REX version.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #22574
Tech Fanatic

i have a ton of brand new 710 parts. anybody want to buy anything let me know. all spur gears will sell for $3.50 all pinion gears will sell for $6. rear shock tower for $14, complete 2 speed set up is about $80 at the store, will sell for $40 brand new in the package, shock rods $5, pivot pins for front arms and rear arms $5. if not listed, i probably have, just ask. shipping is $4 for complete order. if you want to buy, must be atleast $20 worth of stuff. thanks.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #22575
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to OnRoad-Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlux
The R may be for REX version.
Rex is a blue head. That "R" stands for the race version.
OnRoad-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote