R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #18856
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Bro, using good grease like the Mugen Super Grease, I still have grittyless rear diff after nearly one year of running ! Same balls with the same diff plates. This also I rarely take it apart to service. If I remember only 4 times. The tracks we play here can sometimes be very dusty too and it has not affected the rear diff too much.

Put some Mugen Super Grease on a paper tower and rub the 4 mm balls with it so that the grease is lighly coated on the balls. That's the only trick and one of the best tricks yet for this car.
Thanks bro, that is nice and simple tricks
We already told that many times and it seems like that difficulties is still persist creating frustated racer and headache for us..
That is why we asking Serpent to release that option just like they releasing front ball diff. Who knows...that rear diff gear would make this car more competitive, at least someone must try first.
And there will be more happy beginner and less headache
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:25 PM   #18857
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Pyramid...are you guys looking to switch to a gear diff for performance reasons? More consistent?
I couldn`t say that for now since we don`t know yet. The main reason already explainned by Goldfinger.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #18858
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Thanks bro, that is nice and simple tricks
We already told that many times and it seems like that difficulties is still persist creating frustated racer and headache for us..
That is why we asking Serpent to release that option just like they releasing front ball diff. Who knows...that rear diff gear would make this car more competitive, at least someone must try first.
And there will be more happy beginner and less headache
I have too seen couple of 710 owners that either put too much heavy and thick grease or built it incorrectly. One of them even took off the rear bar and adjust the front bar to 90 deg. When asked he said his car were oversteering badly. Go figure.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:53 PM   #18859
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by redsand
I have too seen couple of 710 owners that either put too much heavy and thick grease or built it incorrectly. One of them even took off the rear bar and adjust the front bar to 90 deg. When asked he said his car were oversteering badly. Go figure.
Bali is different story... after setting tightness and inserting the locking set screw, they tighten the set screw without holding the adjustable screw properly. And he said to me, that this diff is weird "always changing while locking the set screw".
Funny is it ?
While im explaining how to built and set it properly, I receive so many ooooo.... ooooo...

While Pyramid explaining how to buil and set shock properly, he receive so many ha ha.. they react like receive something from the moon..

And they were serious racer
Old 11-30-2004, 08:55 PM   #18860
Tech Master

Quote:
Bro, using good grease like the Mugen Super Grease, I still have grittyless rear diff after nearly one year of running ! Same balls with the same diff plates. This also I rarely take it apart to service. If I remember only 4 times. The tracks we play here can sometimes be very dusty too and it has not affected the rear diff too much.
Bro, you must have met Alan Levy before

How come you have not registered for the race Lets hangout lah.. BTW, Mr. Salven and his new team mate member are expected to joint.

Last edited by Pyramid; 11-30-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:56 PM   #18861
Tech Prophet

Quote:
While im explaining how to built and set it properly, I receive so many ooooo.... ooooo...

While Pyramid explaining how to buil and set shock properly, he receive so many ha ha.. they react like receive something from the moon..

InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:02 PM   #18862
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Bro, you must have met Alan Levy before
Or Mr. Levy has met me... (j/k)

Quote:
How come you have not registered for the race Let hangout lah.. BTW, Mr. Salven and his new team mate member are expected to joint.
Waiting for number 18, 28 or 38 ! Actually, still waiting for my friends to get up to speed on this !

So Mr. Salven and Mr. Vrielijnck is coming? I see that Mr. Fantini and Mr. Domanin has already registered and you guys are all using Max 15 engines !

Hey, have you tried them on the 710? How's the feeling compared to other mod .12 engines like Max and JP FX? Fuel consumption?
Old 11-30-2004, 09:03 PM   #18863
Tech Master

Quote:
And they were serious racer
The ooo oooo and ha ha guys might have read your post you know
Old 11-30-2004, 09:09 PM   #18864
Tech Master

Quote:
Hey, have you tried them on the 710? How's the feeling compared to other mod .12 engines like Max and JP FX? Fuel consumption?
Not yet, that race would be our first time putting .15 to S710. As for fuel consumption, its been suggested to reduce 5.4mm reducer and EFRA pipe to get maximum milage.. which is around 5mins
Old 11-30-2004, 09:16 PM   #18865
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Not yet, that race would be our first time putting .15 to S710. As for fuel consumption, its been suggested to reduce 5.4mm reducer and EFRA pipe to get maximum milage.. which is around 5mins
As long as it's 5 minutes, it should be OK I think since the heats are 10 minutes anyways...
Old 11-30-2004, 09:28 PM   #18866
Tech Master

Quote:
Waiting for number 18, 28 or 38 !

Quote:
[BMr. Vrielijnck is coming? [/B]
This time I have to ask, did you cut and paste his name or you can remmber how to spell
Old 11-30-2004, 09:30 PM   #18867
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
The ooo oooo and ha ha guys might have read your post you know
ahh

I meant even a serious racer like them still need someone else to show them directly to realize what they think is enough, but actually there is better way to do it.
Lets see this Bali Open result...
Old 11-30-2004, 09:30 PM   #18868
Tech Regular

Quote:
Ball is different story... after setting tightness and inserting the locking set screw, they tighten the set screw without holding the adjustable screw properly.
While holding the two outdrives the pulley should not turn at all. Correct? Now how much force do you use to try to turn the pulley?

If the pulley does turn that means the diff is too loose. If you try to drive the car in this condition will the car pull to the right under acceleration and go left under braking?
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:37 PM   #18869
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand

Quote:
While holding the two outdrives the pulley should not turn at all. Correct? Now how much force do you use to try to turn the pulley?

If the pulley does turn that means the diff is too loose. If you try to drive the car in this condition will the car pull to the right under acceleration and go left under braking?
Didn't mean to step into GoldFinger's shoes but you gotta put an effort to make that pulley slip while holding the outdrives.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:38 PM   #18870
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
OK, only if traction is extremely high.
Usually slight turning (but your finger hurt a bit ) is a nice start.

Quote:

Yes, but dont drive like this bro!
Lord D will be mad at you