Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 11:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Ok, question about the bodyshell. How high/low do you trim the body shell? i.e. what is the gap between the bottom of the body shell and the track after the supension has been compressed?
As low as possible I think because you do not want excess wind to flow underneath the shell.

The IFMAR rules mention the following about the height of the bodyshell;

Height (to top of roof measured with a 10.00mm spacer under the chassis plate on levels)

Min - 120.00 mm
Max - 175.00 mm

With those measurements, my Mazda 6 bottom shell scrapes the track very slightly when I apply brakes with 57 mm tires.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To mount the Mazda body, flip the rear posts over to the other side of the shock tower.

Th body should be trimmed level with the bottom of the chassis or slightly higher(1mm). You want it as low as possible to limit the amount of air going under the car which creates lift and doesn't let the body do it's job, to produce downforce. If the body is trimmed level with the chassis and it is scraping during cornering, the ride height is too low and the chassis is bottoming out which is a setup issue not a body issue.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Gear Diff

Originally posted by InitialD
Seriously Pyramid? What maintenance? I have not taken my ball diff apart for very long time already. Still very smooth and grittyless.
Hi Lord, the idea is simple actually, just to have less maintanance and maitanning more stable long run performance. The beauty of ball diff is we could adjust just like where we needed precisely + in S710 you could also adjust the slippage tightness Most advance racers should like it better. Gear diff (was it called planetary diff on impulse era?) is more forgiving in our opinion in terms of usages. As for performance? well, there are many other thing in the car we could adjust to compromise.

Here is come the problem from where we stand in our part of the world. This toys cost a lot (our average nationwide household income consider at 1/4 to the US), no doubt some people like to somehow `rewarded` from those (a lot) xtra money they spent. How? mostly by winning the races (yes, A main) but that is not the case in this hobby. It`s not like paying someone to install state of the art car audio so you could win the IASCA of such thing. This point of view combined with regular or just for fun racers, we are forced to comes up with better system (according to our particular situation) to penetrate our local Serpent market better. Why better system? well, better human (the fingers) is the hardest part to do, better system is easier in which we came up with those Rev5 in mind (this gear diff idea is not the main subject of Rev5 ). So what we are hoping is they could enjoy the car more by driving it more in order to maximize their spending. 1st is to have fun, 2nd to win the races, 3rd our local serpent support = better market penetration (we certanly do hope so, Goldfingers especially )

In case anyone have more info on which brand of car gear diff that is clostest match to S710 rear bulkhead space and rear belt placement, please share some lights

Last edited by Pyramid; 10-26-2004 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Re: protoform bodies

Originally posted by Brett.w
I have just recently bought a nemisis and mazda 6 body but they dont seem to fit, the rear wing mounts are directly on top of the rear posts. How have you guy got around this issue?
Yes,
joining to shock towers and placing the rear body post "inside" on the shock towers will let you get by the wing mounts of the Protoform bodies. Also try to get the body as close to the front bumber........this will also help in preventing from crack front fender wells on impacts.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-picture-468.jpg  
Old 10-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally posted by XER987
Thanks...I'll probably be checking back for other tips...all help is very appreciated.
Well welcome aboard you came to the right place .You will get all the answers you need with the wealth of knowledge here.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Which one?
Why the orange finned MS version of the Mega la!

Errmmm ... maybe not 'cos I think it says WC somewhere on that engine.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Gear Diff

Originally posted by Pyramid
Hi Lord, the idea is simple ...
Pyramid, may I remind you that he is no longer a lord, he is now a prophet! So don't tell him simple things, he won't understand. He needs stuff he can prophesize to do that!
Old 10-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gear Diff

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
He needs stuff he can prophesize to do that!
Cannot do that because there are a lot of "Slow" and "Steady" people out there. (j/k)
Old 10-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: protoform bodies

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Yes,
joining to shock towers and placing the rear body post "inside" on the shock towers will let you get by the wing mounts of the Protoform bodies. Also try to get the body as close to the front bumber........this will also help in preventing from crack front fender wells on impacts.
Ah Punisher... You always post the best body design. Nice.

True that putting the body closest to the front bumper prevents cracks but I believe Julius mentioned that the body position should be experimented. About 2 to 4 mm (I believe) to get a better balance in handling. More steering perhaps. In those cases, I think some kind of padding could be mounted on the underside of the bodyshell front.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Aluminum Pulleys

Ronald Baar mentioned on mytsn that the Serpent aluminum pulleys will be available in 2005 and that there will be a 21T pulley supposedly for overdrive.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Ronald Baar mentioned on mytsn that the Serpent aluminum pulleys will be available in 2005 and that there will be a 21T pulley supposedly for overdrive.
Finally
Old 10-26-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gear Diff

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Pyramid, may I remind you that he is no longer a lord
Oh yes, my mistake... sorry yo Prophet D
Old 10-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Aluminum Pulleys

SERPENT USA JUST GOT THEM IN TODAY...CHOCO
Old 10-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
SERPENT USA JUST GOT THEM IN TODAY...CHOCO
Are you sure they are 710 ones? Or did you mistake the 3Racing aluminum pulleys?
Old 10-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Are you sure they are 710 ones? Or did you mistake the 3Racing aluminum pulleys?
no sir,the 710 pulleys..i talked to ray today...i will confirm tomorrow and i will let you guys know about it....choco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.