R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-09-2003, 11:10 PM   #136
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Well, that was the same shop I went to. However, I believe the Serpent bags that are there could be the original as I did not check.
Well (too), when you go to Australia and buy a genuinely identical souvenir with that country, that is kangaroo (I mean a doll) and you will see in the label : Made in China. And if you buy a banana (this time the real one) the sticker was: Venezuela.
Wake up!! this is a global world.

If Serpents wants to stay like they used to be... fine, I will still drive their car anyway.
But one thing for sure, If company like BOSCH GmbH, Phillips GmbH, and other holland base company did their production outside Holland, mainly to cut the production and distribution cost, Serpent should not think twice about the benefit to do so.

And as long as their tooling quality is not as high as a Tamiya ones, I dont see the reason for not to making it in Taiwan or even China. Remember! we dont buy your car, most of us buy your brand. Please correct me if im wrong.

That is just a point of view form a serpent fan.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:29 PM   #137
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
But one thing for sure, If company like BOSCH GmbH, Phillips GmbH, and other holland base company did their production outside Holland, mainly to cut the production and distribution cost, Serpent should not think twice about the benefit to do so.
I don't see any harm going elsewhere out of EU to set up and relocate production facilities and to further reduce cost because Holland has one of the most expensive labour hours if I'm not mistaken. But the problem here I think is the quantity or amount Serpent produces, it is not enough to warrant a different production location unlike Kyosho or Tamiya. More hassle and moreover R&D department will be far away too.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:37 PM   #138
Tech Master

Quote:
Ummm, the pic does not do justice ! I look way better than that !
Actually, he looks like M Salven ... hahahahaaa ... not the dashing looks but the hairline (sorry for being so bad but I could not help it)
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:49 PM   #139
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by tIANcI
Actually, he looks like M Salven ... hahahahaaa ... not the dashing looks but the hairline (sorry for being so bad but I could not help it)
Eh, at least I still have hair !!!
Old 11-10-2003, 12:03 AM   #140
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I don't see any harm going elsewhere out of EU to set up and relocate production facilities and to further reduce cost because Holland has one of the most expensive labour hours if I'm not mistaken. But the problem here I think is the quantity or amount Serpent produces, it is not enough to warrant a different production location unlike Kyosho or Tamiya. More hassle and moreover R&D department will be far away too.
Tianci. maybe we should call him "Initial MS" or "MS_Alias"

Mr "D", when we talk about the quantity is not enough so can not relocate the production and therefore unable to reduce kit pricing, we will start a debate with title of "which came out first, chisken or egg?".

I dont mean to relocate their production line to foreign country. Just ordering some parts from other country, that will be helpfull enough to reduce their set pricing. After price reduced, then we can talk about quantity without loosing present margin profit.

The conclusion was : talk is easy, isnt it?

But your point and my point was a damn good input for Serpent.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:16 AM   #141
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to MrChan

Quote:
Originally posted by tIANcI
No ...You are wrong... because M.Salven actually look like him !! .
MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:23 AM   #142
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MrChan
No ...You are wrong... because M.Salven actually look like him !! .
ROTFLMAO!!!
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:43 AM   #143
Tech Adept

Some little news:
Serpent have had a new prototype readdy for the last winternats but they didn't have the convident in the car they wanted, so they brought out the 705 (just an impulse upgrade) and made a new car (710). They've been testing in on different tracks (fast and technical) and tested in under different conditions.

The 2-speed turns at an slower rate so there is less forge needed to turn it. also 0.8 teeth
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:45 AM   #144
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by intimidator
wondering if the diffs from 705 fit in the new 710?what bout the front sway bar mounts?rear sway bars?shock bodies?
It was mentioned that only the tank and the shocks are the same as the 705. I guess the rest of the parts you mentioned are different for the 710.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:50 AM   #145
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by B
That has truth to it
but,, what if the tight fit is not the same? I am talking about inconsistent tight fit
then thats no good!
You claim to have experience with the Serpent parts... I'm curious because if you built one correctly, you will know that every part like the arms for example that are tight fitting and that if you ream and clean out the extra flashes in the holes where the pivot pin goes in with a dremel with a 3 mm drill bit, you'll find that you get all the required parts with the same fit to the pivot pins.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:52 AM   #146
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Schrijver99
The 2-speed turns at an slower rate so there is less forge needed to turn it. also 0.8 teeth
Cool. Thanks for the info. Do you have any news on the 0.8 module gearing? What is the internal drive ratio of the 710 and what is the final drive ratios with the new 0.8 module spurs and pinions?
Old 11-10-2003, 01:53 AM   #147
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
I'll spill all my feelings in an article after the full release.
Julius, can't wait to read about your write up.

Just curious... How long have you personally tested and driven the final version of the 710 till today? I assume the design is already final?
Old 11-10-2003, 02:09 AM   #148
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 710

Quote:
Originally posted by clmbia45
The mtx3 4mm chassis is 3 gms lighter than the 3mm one. Different milling.
I've seen one. Looks cool with all the recesses.

Quote:
Originally posted by clmbia45
Thus the engine cg would be 2mm lower, WITH REFERENCE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CHASSIS, and therefore, at a constant ride height, from the track surface.
Jack, you are right. If the 710 uses a 33 mm flywheel and a 4 mm chassis, the engine mount has to sit 2 mm lower than on the what the engine is currently sitting on the 705 which is using 35 mm flywheel and a stock 3 mm chassis. I believe earlier on, I mixed up some numbers which was incorrectly posted.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:48 AM   #149
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
I saw exact replicas of Serpent T shirts that were made in China too. I was suspicious why they were so cheap but when I saw the label behind the T shirt, it was not by Serpent. Why am I not surprise since you can get exact replicas of Rolex and Brietlings...

So the cap that you got was indeed a replica because the original caps and official wears like T shirts and jackets are indeed made in Holland.

I"m sitting here holding a genuine Serpent cap.....ordered DIRECTLY from Serpent USA........

It says "Made In China" in the inside tag.....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:50 AM   #150
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
Easier.

One of our top priorities was to make a car that works from the box while still being highly tunable to personal preferemce. I think we did a great job in fulfilling that and many more of our wishes.

I'll spill all my feelings in an article after the full release.

Julius
here's a quick question...

We all can see that the diffs are easy access......
Does the front middle shaft and rear 2sp shaft come out just as easy with the diffs,for easy belt changes (like the,dare I say it,HPI R40)??????

Last edited by fastharry™; 11-10-2003 at 06:53 AM.
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote