R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #1471
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
Attachment 845667845674QUOTE=Seisick;10017889]Will you care to share how to replace wo the tool, hudy also makes one. I believe
Sure.. This is the quick and dirty

It not rocket science. I first start with a dogbone laying on top of my partially open vice. The vice should be open so that the dogbone body will rest on the top the jaws of the vice and the pins are protruding thru the vice but Not clamping the pins.
I then use a small brass hammer and drive the pin just before it is flush with the dogbone body. I have a front dogbone that was never installed on my car. I use this dogbone as punch since these pins are the same diameter of the pin I'm removing. I then use the front dogbone as a punch to drive the pin slightly past flush. I just want to drive the pin far enough so the new pin can be capture faily easy by the partially vacant hole. I then drive the new pin in as the old pin is drive thru the bottom of the dogbone. Only thing that is left is to insure the pin is centered in the dog bone.
I took some pics of different stages of the process. I have not ordered new pins yet; so I have no pics of the new pin being driven in.
.[/QUOTE]

Tks makes sense
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #1472
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: argentina
Posts: 52
Default Shocks absorbers.silicone

Hello can you say that I usais density silicone in the Shocks absorbers, it seems to me that 600 for the circuit that I walk because it is more technical and the grip is average
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #1473
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
Hello can you say that I usais density silicone in the Shocks absorbers, it seems to me that 600 for the circuit that I walk because it is more technical and the grip is average
500 y purpura resortes
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #1474
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: argentina
Posts: 52
Default Shocks absorbers.silicone

Hola Seisick,hablas español,te cuento llevo el coche con 400 en los 4 amortiguadores y los pistones son 1,2 x 2 en los 4.Los muelles grises delante y de serie atras,circuito es donde se extreno el coche en españa con jony pastor,eh notado que tiene muchisima direccion como muy nervioso me copia todo lo movimiento de mi mano,la estabilizadora trasera llevo de serie ruedas 37 ambos ejes
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:14 AM   #1475
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: argentina
Posts: 52
Default Shocks absorbers.silicone

Seisick Hello, you speak Spanish, I tell you I take the car with 400 in the 4 pads and pistons are 1.2 x 2 in the spring 4.The standard gray front and back, constipation circuit is where the car in Spain with jony pastor, has noticed that a lot eh direction very nervous as I copy all the movement of my hand, is standard rear stabilizer wheel 37 both axes
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #1476
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
Hola Seisick,hablas español,te cuento llevo el coche con 400 en los 4 amortiguadores y los pistones son 1,2 x 2 en los 4.Los muelles grises delante y de serie atras,circuito es donde se extreno el coche en españa con jony pastor,eh notado que tiene muchisima direccion como muy nervioso me copia todo lo movimiento de mi mano,la estabilizadora trasera llevo de serie ruedas 37 ambos ejes
Hola "manchu", por lo visto tu chasis es muy nervioso, prueba con los resortes purpura en los cuatro amortiguadores, y si tienes coloca las barras estabilizadoras de 2.2 delante y detras, amortiguadores delanteros en el orificio 2 y posteriores en el orificio 1 (lo mas inclinado posible); talvez es un reglaje facil de llevar pero no sera el más rápido.

Saludos.
Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:13 AM   #1477
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
Seisick Hello, you speak Spanish, I tell you I take the car with 400 in the 4 pads and pistons are 1.2 x 2 in the spring 4.The standard gray front and back, constipation circuit is where the car in Spain with jony pastor, has noticed that a lot eh direction very nervous as I copy all the movement of my hand, is standard rear stabilizer wheel 37 both axes
herman setup is OK, try that (prueba aquel)
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #1478
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: argentina
Posts: 52
Default

OK hernan este finde semana lo probare y ya comentare que tal me a ido gracias y saludos
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #1479
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
OK hernan este finde semana lo probare y ya comentare que tal me a ido gracias y saludos
que pasa aqui coño, los habla españoles estan controlando rctech!, vamos todavia Latinos
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 AM   #1480
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default chasis brace

what do you guys think about this chasis brace? a fellow racer made it himself!
takes longer if you want to change the rear belt, but on the other hand, i see it as
more rigid if using the chasis brace just linked to the right bulkead
anyway he hasnt tried it yet but ill let u guys know his impressions once tested
Attached Thumbnails
MTX 5-img-20111210-wa005.jpg   MTX 5-img-20111210-wa003.jpg   MTX 5-img-20111210-wa004.jpg   MTX 5-img-20111210-wa002.jpg  
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #1481
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

The cross carbon section seems highly unnecessary, it's well braced from under and is alloy so can't imagine flexing across there, but I can see partly why he did it to make mounting the other brace easier.

Really an ideal brace will come from a well designed alloy brace, though that may require a revised bulkhead as well.

But, still debatable if you need any brace at all...
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #1482
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seisick View Post
what do you guys think about this chasis brace? a fellow racer made it himself!
takes longer if you want to change the rear belt, but on the other hand, i see it as
more rigid if using the chasis brace just linked to the right bulkead
anyway he hasnt tried it yet but ill let u guys know his impressions once tested
nice car

Ghett0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #1483
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghett0 View Post
nice car



http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~dairei/
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?

Last edited by Seisick; 12-14-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #1484
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
The cross carbon section seems highly unnecessary, it's well braced from under and is alloy so can't imagine flexing across there, but I can see partly why he did it to make mounting the other brace easier.

Really an ideal brace will come from a well designed alloy brace, though that may require a revised bulkhead as well.

But, still debatable if you need any brace at all...
mugen will be releasing very soon the optional chasis brace, lets wait and see also which optionals for the hobbyfair in germany
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #1485
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

can someone measure the diameter of the clutch shoe from the mtx5?
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mugen MTX-3 university_dave Nitro On-Road 17237 12-30-2012 01:16 PM
Mugen MTX-4 Grasshopperr Nitro On-Road 9087 08-30-2011 07:15 PM
Singapore National Series, 2009 Round 2 bullygod Singapore R/C Racers 21 06-27-2009 07:00 AM
Inter-State Racing Competetion Mie3R Malaysian R/C Racers 510 08-12-2008 10:41 PM
INTI College 1/10 Gas Touring (Sarawak,Kuching) LAKIA Malaysian R/C Racers 41 10-18-2007 06:46 PM
TQ With Serpent 720 on 23 & 24 December 2006 in Miri weechor Malaysian R/C Racers 119 02-01-2007 07:04 AM
LRP Nitro Masters 2006 – Malaysia HPC II Malaysian R/C Racers 435 06-28-2006 09:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net