Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Try ebay
Old 05-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Heavier fly weighs will required higher RPM to engage (just like dialed the springs more).......that will only get worst.
Heavier fly wieghts will make the clutch engage at lower RPM's or sooner.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big KAT
Heavier fly wieghts will make the clutch engage at lower RPM's or sooner.
Ok....thanks for the info, I will give that a try....hope that will work.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default K Factory

Hi guys,

where can i get K factory stuffs for ntc3 here in U.S.? Maybe someone can give me links. I need part # k1202, k1203, k1204.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

I`m not sure if these guys are in the States or not....try...
www.powerlineracing.com
They have plenty of K-Factory gear for the NTC3
Old 06-01-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've ordered from http://precisionrc.com/cgi-bin/cart.pl?BR=KF1&DT=4

Had no problems in the past.

Jimmy
Old 06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

I`m not sure if these guys are in the States or not....try...
www.powerlineracing.com
They have plenty of K-Factory gear for the NTC3.

Thanks Andy, btw, the site looks exactly the same like brooklyn hobby website, r they the same store? they don't have the parts in stock. Thanks anyway
Old 06-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

I've ordered from http://precisionrc.com/cgi-bin/cart.pl?BR=KF1&DT=4

Had no problems in the past.

Jimmy
Jimmy thanks for the link, i'll try order through them. YGPM man

lucas
Old 06-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by front1wayFreak
Thanks Andy, btw, the site looks exactly the same like brooklyn hobby website, r they the same store? they don't have the parts in stock. Thanks anyway

Brooklyn Hobbies and Powerline Racing are one in the same. And they have tons of stuff in stock.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Chuckmando....

(1) Remove the shim before the collet, it is no Serpent, you don't want to add more shim in front and push the clutch further back toward the back of the car....

(2) Gether some of the little shims from #2321, use the small shim, and place it in between the 1st spur gear and the housing (see NTC3 manual page 6 step #16), the idea is placing those 3 shims will increase the clearence of the 1st/2nd gear of the 2-speed, the clearence will prevent the 2nd gear of the pinion rubbing against the 1st spur gear when the centax is engaging.

(3) Fromt the #2293 shim kit, place 1 or 2 or even 3 silver large shims (check the clearence yourself, no car are the same) in between the 2nd spur and 1st spur gear........again, the idea is to increase the clearence between that 2 spur gears.

At the end, it should clear all the clearence problem.....it won't line up PERFECTLY (it never will cause these are MUGEN clutch for MUGEN car)...but it will work.

One more then, you have to shave off some plastic from the rear suspension mount in order to fit the Mugen clutch thrust bearing spacer....I am talking about item #2275.
I just want to add something to the #2. (I'm using Mugen Centax Clutch for MTX3)
You can use HPI Z689 Shim 6x8x0.2mm (3pcs) between the spur gears. It is a perfect fit. (the 2-speed shaft is 5.94mm) and it will not damage the rubber shield of the bearing in the 2-speed clutch housing.
Here is the link

And aslo, using the Associated Factory Team Bl Aluminum Non-Pull Mount NTC3 will give your more clearances than the stock one.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

question, when using a 1-way, i was told that by adding shims it will help the 1-way from stipping, but he wasn't sure whe to add them so i am asking the question if you can add shims for 1-way and where to add them? thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

ok guys, i posted earlier about my ntc3+ being very loose in the rear on rubber or foams. this is what i have changed so far and noticed improvment. front shocks 60wt
rear shocks 40wt
loosened rear diff
front and rear droop 2
front tires yokomo 138g
rear tires cs 27
new steering servo jr 8550d
Old 06-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wangcc61
I just want to add something to the #2. (I'm using Mugen Centax Clutch for MTX3)
You can use HPI Z689 Shim 6x8x0.2mm (3pcs) between the spur gears. It is a perfect fit. (the 2-speed shaft is 5.94mm) and it will not damage the rubber shield of the bearing in the 2-speed clutch housing.
Here is the link

And aslo, using the Associated Factory Team Bl Aluminum Non-Pull Mount NTC3 will give your more clearances than the stock one.
Wang......those are very interesting information, and I will order those 2 items to make it more complete..........last week, I also ordered the K-factory centax clutch spring, it is 1.4mm instead of the stock Mugen 1.8mm, it suppose to be softer, and suppose to be engage NOT that hard compare to the stock centax springs that was designed for BELT CAR....I hope that will fit cause I don't know it is the same diameter as the typical centax....but will let you guys know.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rene
question, when using a 1-way, i was told that by adding shims it will help the 1-way from stipping, but he wasn't sure whe to add them so i am asking the question if you can add shims for 1-way and where to add them? thanks
Not true, however, this is a case to case situation.........not all the diff case molded the same, so the idea of the shimming is trying to get the dff gear as close to the drive pinion gear (the mushroom shape gear) but without binding...

On my 1 way, I have 1 shim on each side (per manual setting).......I doubt you can do without any shimming.....sometime, IF you have to add more then 1 shimming on 1 of the side, I would say the side you have to add extra shimming should be the DIFF GEAR side cause you want to push the diff gear more TOWARD the mushroom pinion gear.....

Again, the key is push in but NOT binding.....also, you will need diff grease every week (I re-work/clean my car every week after Sunday race..)

P.S...if you are using the AE HD 1 way....good luck finding extra shimming for that weird size 1-way, the bearing and the shim (that came with the kit) is a ODD size that AE does not sell the parts of it, and you cannot buy or replace the bearing or the shim unless you are buying the whole 1-way $45.00.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wang......those are very interesting information, and I will order those 2 items to make it more complete..........last week, I also ordered the K-factory centax clutch spring, it is 1.4mm instead of the stock Mugen 1.8mm, it suppose to be softer, and suppose to be engage NOT that hard compare to the stock centax springs that was designed for BELT CAR....I hope that will fit cause I don't know it is the same diameter as the typical centax....but will let you guys know.
Hey Solara, I'm having the same problem as the centax clutch engage too hard so my car has too much torque out of the corner and wants to spin out. My mugen centax has a hard spring and a red clutch shoe. I have tried taking 2 clutch weights out, but the clutch did not want to fully engaged. I have also tried to loosen the rear diff, it help a bit, but over-heated the diff.

I want to try to let the clutch engage at a lower rpm to smooth out the power. I have tried to loose the adjust nut so much that it already hit the bearing inside the clutch bell, but that did not help. So I'm thinking to install a softer clutch spring will help. If you get the result of using k-factory spring, please let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.