Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 07:29 PM

Impulser: You'll have to ream the holes in the prisms just alittle to get them to fit . You'll also have to file or grind a slot in the rear prisms so the ball cups don't rub the prism. I was pissed when I shelled out $200 for the universal hudy and had to do this .
I raced a Trinity TC3 gas conversion for 2 years and the shock towers were always coming loose. When I got the NTC3 I was kinda displeased that Ae did'nt just form the extra 2 screw bosses in the tower . I thought of doing like ob4 did but I found that just a drop a cav glue on the threads make a big difference and does'nt mess with removing the tower.
Old 04-30-2002, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

BBntc3- thanks for the tips i wish this was my hudy but its my friends so i gotta ask permission before i ream it. I tried to ream it a little but this shit is some hard plastic.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:34 PM

Impulser: If you borrowed my Hudy I probably would'nt mind you reaming the axle holes out but when you filed the prisms, so you could adjust the rear camber I would be pissed!!!!! Your on your own with the front and rear tow in and out, it's very hard to do with out the Hudy. Use the camber guage set the camber at 1 degree, then back each wheel off 1/4 turn that will be close to zero camber or 1/2 degree neg. I use foams and I can't even hardly drive it at the 3 degrees Ae says to set it at with foam and it cones the hell out of the tires. I have almost even tire wear at 0 to 1 degrees camber.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys,

Just an FYI...Integy's setup tools work perfectly on the NTC3 at a fraction of the cost (I think I paid $65. for mine)
Old 05-01-2002, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kaliboy

Fastharry: Thanks again for the info. I gave him a call today and he said that he would get it out today. I also gave him a hard time too! Although....he did imply that he was whooping your a$$. C'mon man. Whoop some Serpent a$$. BTW...are you going to the Hpi Challenge this year? Hopefullly I'll get to meet you up there. Also thinking about running the Trinity race at American Raceway.

Jeff

Glad you made out OK....I checked and he mailed it the same hour...hopefully you got it.....And big deal,I was running the tc3 nitro for the first time breaking a cranky RB engine in.....and he was beating me with a Impulse 1 sp he's been massaging for 3 years.....He'll get his.....Frankly,after running HPI's for 3 years,I was a little overwhelmed with the speed of the tc3...But I'll get used to it.....BTW,did he tell you when he ran his new Impulse PRO,with a 5 port,that I beat him with teh racer2 I've been massaging for 3 years?......See,when I beat him,his car is too fast...when he beats me,I can't drive....You know the story.....next time you talk to him,ask him why he's not running the HPI challenge with his Super nitro?.....BTW,I will be there....
Old 05-02-2002, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Centrax Clutch for NTC3

http://www.j-net-c.com/kawahara/newpartszac.htm
Old 05-02-2002, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wish I could read the language it is in.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:02 PM

The integy setup tool is a cheap imatation to the Hudy!!! I guess it would be alright but is'nt it alum? Alum bends , Everybody I know who bought the integy has upgraded to the Hudy, they say its more precise and durable. Although the Hudy will scratch but it won't bend or break!! If you want to save money buy the Integy, you can go through a couple of them for that price, my Hudy was $190 with all the guages including ride height and droop guages.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:06 PM

ErnestF, could you translate or tell me how much US money and where to buy? ANd does the NT3 clutchbell gears work on it? Thanks BB
Old 05-02-2002, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

How in the hell would you bend a the setup tool?
Old 05-02-2002, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

anybody experiencing clutch bearings burning up easily?
Old 05-02-2002, 08:06 PM

Sorry Chris, I guess you never hit your pit table and had something fall off it before!! I was just told if it gets dropped it bends and if you use it alot the anodizing comes off the alum and makes it difficult to read, although I think the clear material on the Hudy makes it difficult to keep it clean or from scratching, and makes it diffcult to read. I'm sure its a ok setup tool and better than nothing, but not the tool of choice by most racers.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have never had a problem with the Integy tools...alot of racers use it around here...

Anyway,

Anyone have a good location for a throttle return spring? I normally don't run one, but since I am going to the nats (and they are ROAR required) where are you guys mounting theirs?

I can find a place, but I can't find a place so it looks good...

Thanks
Old 05-04-2002, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by bbntc3
ErnestF, could you translate or tell me how much US money and where to buy? ANd does the NT3 clutchbell gears work on it? Thanks BB
according to their web page, it cost 7,800 yen for the kit, which is around US$70. it is not even available in HK yet, so not sure where to buy now. it didnt mention weather the original gears can work on the centrax clutch, but i guess, yes.
Old 05-04-2002, 07:28 PM

Thanks Ernestf,keep us informed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.