Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi John!

You have to insert a black o-ring (supplied with your kit) in the inner outdrives to prevent the dogbones from popping out. Check your manual to see that.

To everybody:

I have a big problem with the weight distribution on my fw-05rs (rr with s-type motor and rubber tires). I use a small lipo-pack for weight reduction and therefore have about 60-65g more weigth on the rigth tires as on the left tires. Last weekend i grip-rolled about six times to right and i doubt that one factor is the little weigth on the left side of the car. Can someone give me some tipps how to work it out? This problem should have every racer using a lighter battery-pack than the 5 2/3A-cells (about 100g).

Thanks
Robert
Old 04-26-2005, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

thanks for that robert but that was making my wheels bind when the suspension was compressed

i guess ill just lightly increase the track width and put the dogbones back in

what do you guys think about the 3 racing front unis ??
Old 04-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Eerm! how do I say this?
I have placed an order for a V-one RRR WC kit !!!
I saw a video of one at my local track and could see them put the power down harder and earlier then I can ever hope to with my FW05RR, so I've got to give the RRR a go.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NiMo
Eerm! how do I say this?
I have placed an order for a V-one RRR WC kit !!!
I saw a video of one at my local track and could see them put the power down harder and earlier then I can ever hope to with my FW05RR, so I've got to give the RRR a go.
NiMo, I too loved the FW05 but the RRR will work better 80% of the time. It's a different kind of driving and you will need to get use to it, but at the end you would be gald with your decision. See you at the RRR thread.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jeffreylin
See you at the RRR thread.
Ha ha, just had a quick look, lots of pages to catch up on.
Hope the fuel tank issue is now solved.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Ha ha, just had a quick look, lots of pages to catch up on.
Hope the fuel tank issue is now solved.
If you get the WC kit it will have the updated upper deck which has elongated holes that hold the tank. Make sure your tank is loose so that it can move back and forth if you push it. Just to be safe you should also run a soldering iron around the seam of the tank to seal the tank further.

Having done the above, I haven't had a problem since.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

If you get the WC kit it will have the updated upper deck which has elongated holes that hold the tank. Make sure your tank is loose so that it can move back and forth if you push it. Just to be safe you should also run a soldering iron around the seam of the tank to seal the tank further.

Having done the above, I haven't had a problem since.
Thanks for the tip, car is being shipped as we talk, just need to find who's selling the Kawahara pinion gears for it as I'm told the Kyosho ones are a little on the soft side.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the tip, car is being shipped as we talk, just need to find who's selling the Kawahara pinion gears for it as I'm told the Kyosho ones are a little on the soft side.
Yeah but the Kawahara ones are made with steel so it's heavier.

But while you're at it, I strongly recommend picking up the Kawahara brake disc and the Kyosho aluminum brake lever.

Both should be available from Pro Shop Futaba.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Yeah but the Kawahara ones are made with steel so it's heavier.

But while you're at it, I strongly recommend picking up the Kawahara brake disc and the Kyosho aluminum brake lever.

Both should be available from Pro Shop Futaba.
I was looking at that disc and the rear blade roll bar, hadn't though about the brake arm.
Does Pro Shop have a section with the parts listed? if so I have yet to locate it, as it is I'm having to email them to ask if they have a part in stock, then wait a couple of days for the reply.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

I was looking at that disc and the rear blade roll bar, hadn't though about the brake arm.
Does Pro Shop have a section with the parts listed? if so I have yet to locate it, as it is I'm having to email them to ask if they have a part in stock, then wait a couple of days for the reply.
No you have to email them. They usually get back to me in a day.

The brake arm is important as the stock plastic one does wear off and causes fade.

VZW063 Kyosho Aluminum Brake Lever
Z-1815/16/17 Kawahara pinion
K-496 Kawahara Brake Disc
Old 04-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

It's here already
I only ordered it 64 hours ago from Dimball.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

It's here already
I only ordered it 64 hours ago from Dimball.
that was fast!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

My local permanent track (200x80) won't open til July and we'll have organized racing in a newly asphalted parking lot (160x60). The traction is medium grip, but does come up by the mains. I was wondering if someone had a good setup for medium traction tracks. You can see the suspension work, so it's not totally flat, but it is smooth.

I'd like a little more on-power steering. Should I go softer front springs (Silver Rear) and stiffer back (Black Rear)? I'd hate to have to wait to race it on the permanent high traction track.

Thanks in advance for any help or setup info.

Tommy
Old 04-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by kidDynomite
My local permanent track (200x80) won't open til July and we'll have organized racing in a newly asphalted parking lot (160x60). The traction is medium grip, but does come up by the mains. I was wondering if someone had a good setup for medium traction tracks. You can see the suspension work, so it's not totally flat, but it is smooth.

I'd like a little more on-power steering. Should I go softer front springs (Silver Rear) and stiffer back (Black Rear)? I'd hate to have to wait to race it on the permanent high traction track.

Tommy
Old 04-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by kidDynomite

Tommy
Yes, you can do that. You can also increase the caster angle if you haven't already and increase the droop in the front to say..."-2" on a droop gauge. Experiment with the droop because it makes a huge difference on this car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.