R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2005, 04:37 AM   #4501
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 28
Default

Hi John!

You have to insert a black o-ring (supplied with your kit) in the inner outdrives to prevent the dogbones from popping out. Check your manual to see that.


To everybody:

I have a big problem with the weight distribution on my fw-05rs (rr with s-type motor and rubber tires). I use a small lipo-pack for weight reduction and therefore have about 60-65g more weigth on the rigth tires as on the left tires. Last weekend i grip-rolled about six times to right and i doubt that one factor is the little weigth on the left side of the car. Can someone give me some tipps how to work it out? This problem should have every racer using a lighter battery-pack than the 5 2/3A-cells (about 100g).

Thanks
Robert
Robert-FW05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:39 AM   #4502
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

thanks for that robert but that was making my wheels bind when the suspension was compressed

i guess ill just lightly increase the track width and put the dogbones back in

what do you guys think about the 3 racing front unis ??
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #4503
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Eerm! how do I say this?
I have placed an order for a V-one RRR WC kit !!!
I saw a video of one at my local track and could see them put the power down harder and earlier then I can ever hope to with my FW05RR, so I've got to give the RRR a go.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:26 PM   #4504
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Eerm! how do I say this?
I have placed an order for a V-one RRR WC kit !!!
I saw a video of one at my local track and could see them put the power down harder and earlier then I can ever hope to with my FW05RR, so I've got to give the RRR a go.
NiMo, I too loved the FW05 but the RRR will work better 80% of the time. It's a different kind of driving and you will need to get use to it, but at the end you would be gald with your decision. See you at the RRR thread.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:34 PM   #4505
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
See you at the RRR thread.
Ha ha, just had a quick look, lots of pages to catch up on.
Hope the fuel tank issue is now solved.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #4506
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Ha ha, just had a quick look, lots of pages to catch up on.
Hope the fuel tank issue is now solved.
If you get the WC kit it will have the updated upper deck which has elongated holes that hold the tank. Make sure your tank is loose so that it can move back and forth if you push it. Just to be safe you should also run a soldering iron around the seam of the tank to seal the tank further.

Having done the above, I haven't had a problem since.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:04 PM   #4507
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
If you get the WC kit it will have the updated upper deck which has elongated holes that hold the tank. Make sure your tank is loose so that it can move back and forth if you push it. Just to be safe you should also run a soldering iron around the seam of the tank to seal the tank further.

Having done the above, I haven't had a problem since.
Thanks for the tip, car is being shipped as we talk, just need to find who's selling the Kawahara pinion gears for it as I'm told the Kyosho ones are a little on the soft side.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #4508
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Thanks for the tip, car is being shipped as we talk, just need to find who's selling the Kawahara pinion gears for it as I'm told the Kyosho ones are a little on the soft side.
Yeah but the Kawahara ones are made with steel so it's heavier.

But while you're at it, I strongly recommend picking up the Kawahara brake disc and the Kyosho aluminum brake lever.

Both should be available from Pro Shop Futaba.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:45 PM   #4509
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Yeah but the Kawahara ones are made with steel so it's heavier.

But while you're at it, I strongly recommend picking up the Kawahara brake disc and the Kyosho aluminum brake lever.

Both should be available from Pro Shop Futaba.
I was looking at that disc and the rear blade roll bar, hadn't though about the brake arm.
Does Pro Shop have a section with the parts listed? if so I have yet to locate it, as it is I'm having to email them to ask if they have a part in stock, then wait a couple of days for the reply.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:29 PM   #4510
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
I was looking at that disc and the rear blade roll bar, hadn't though about the brake arm.
Does Pro Shop have a section with the parts listed? if so I have yet to locate it, as it is I'm having to email them to ask if they have a part in stock, then wait a couple of days for the reply.
No you have to email them. They usually get back to me in a day.

The brake arm is important as the stock plastic one does wear off and causes fade.

VZW063 Kyosho Aluminum Brake Lever
Z-1815/16/17 Kawahara pinion
K-496 Kawahara Brake Disc
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:55 AM   #4511
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

It's here already
I only ordered it 64 hours ago from Dimball.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:56 AM   #4512
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,200
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
It's here already
I only ordered it 64 hours ago from Dimball.
that was fast!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:13 PM   #4513
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

My local permanent track (200x80) won't open til July and we'll have organized racing in a newly asphalted parking lot (160x60). The traction is medium grip, but does come up by the mains. I was wondering if someone had a good setup for medium traction tracks. You can see the suspension work, so it's not totally flat, but it is smooth.

I'd like a little more on-power steering. Should I go softer front springs (Silver Rear) and stiffer back (Black Rear)? I'd hate to have to wait to race it on the permanent high traction track.

Thanks in advance for any help or setup info.

Tommy
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #4514
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,200
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
My local permanent track (200x80) won't open til July and we'll have organized racing in a newly asphalted parking lot (160x60). The traction is medium grip, but does come up by the mains. I was wondering if someone had a good setup for medium traction tracks. You can see the suspension work, so it's not totally flat, but it is smooth.

I'd like a little more on-power steering. Should I go softer front springs (Silver Rear) and stiffer back (Black Rear)? I'd hate to have to wait to race it on the permanent high traction track.

Thanks in advance for any help or setup info.

Tommy
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:08 PM   #4515
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
My local permanent track (200x80) won't open til July and we'll have organized racing in a newly asphalted parking lot (160x60). The traction is medium grip, but does come up by the mains. I was wondering if someone had a good setup for medium traction tracks. You can see the suspension work, so it's not totally flat, but it is smooth.

I'd like a little more on-power steering. Should I go softer front springs (Silver Rear) and stiffer back (Black Rear)? I'd hate to have to wait to race it on the permanent high traction track.

Thanks in advance for any help or setup info.

Tommy
Yes, you can do that. You can also increase the caster angle if you haven't already and increase the droop in the front to say..."-2" on a droop gauge. Experiment with the droop because it makes a huge difference on this car.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:35 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net