RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #5552
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
no new rear arm !
I know, it was a joke, but they obviously did some work to them.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #5553
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
What I can't understand is the fact that Ralph won the "WORLD" not a lil b- championship or other minor race. You look at the site and not a word of his win???? Why?
The masters of PR have to fly back home and write it up, Since they had a slightly long flight from dallas ft worth to slovakia..... If you notice the press releases are delayed from the time the races are completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
What's the part number for those rear arms?
I knew someone was going to bite..

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #5554
Tech Master

Alright guys, the red clutch shoe is a new pad that Xray will be coming out with. The Max motor you see will be the new .12 that comes out and yes it has a new carb and the rear arms are in the stock location. I shaved 2mm off the back for us to run a longer wheelbase from the rear but do to the low traction and the heat we went with the stock location for the rear arms so the car was 2mm short from the front and stock in the rear. Xray will have a lot of things up in a few days and I will post the setup soon. The pulleys on the car are Xray also and these will be for sell soon.

If you guys have anymore question I will check back on here from time to time.

Thanks Drew
Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #5555
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
What I can't understand is the fact that Ralph won the "WORLD" not a lil b- championship or other minor race. You look at the site and not a word of his win???? Why?
Give them some time, they came back from houston yesterday, packed up and are headed to france for electric euros.

On another note, anyone noticed good old composite shocks on Ralphs car? Don't forget to remind it to ppl that keep complaining about them for some reason
*gk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:39 AM   #5556
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Alright guys, the red clutch shoe is a new pad that Xray will be coming out with. The Max motor you see will be the new .12 that comes out and yes it has a new carb and the rear arms are in the stock location. I shaved 2mm off the back for us to run a longer wheelbase from the rear but do to the low traction and the heat we went with the stock location for the rear arms so the car was 2mm short from the front and stock in the rear. Xray will have a lot of things up in a few days and I will post the setup soon. The pulleys on the car are Xray also and these will be for sell soon.

Thanks Drew

Super thanks for the response!
Can you comment on the ackermann being way forward because the front a-arms are moved backwords? Also, running the 1-degree steering blocks or the normal one?
Also, the stabi in front, is it 0.7 or 1, as the rear stabi is what, 2.2 or 2mm? very soft idd :-)

Can you explain why the grip was low? Normally, worlds are super-high-grip.

Quote:
Give them some time, they came back from houston yesterday, packed up and are headed to france for electric euros.
They should have posted from the track

Quote:
On another note, anyone noticed good old composite shocks on Ralphs car? Don't forget to remind it to ppl that keep complaining about them for some reason
Also noticed that. Pretty funny idd. Maybe Drew can say something about that?

Andddddddddd:

Alu front stabilizer housing......?

Xray is still bringing updates to the car, it seems to be doing good that way... ;-)
Really wonder if they are actually designing a new car......
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #5557
Tech Elite

Quote:

Thanks Drew
Waiting for the updates and looking for that Burch WC Kit

You guys did great out there!!!

btw...pick up the phone sometimes homie!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #5558
Tech Master

Yes we run plastic shocks we have always ran them. The alum. shocks get hot and changes the oil, but only in really hot whether which it was down there.

The alum. front sway bar mounts are new they will be for sell soon.

The ackerman was to smooth the car out. We ran the front end short to get more streering, we ran the d block. It made the car easier to drive.

The front sway bar was the 0.7mm and the rear was stock 2.0mm.

We ran the stock streering blocks 0 deg.

The grip was low to what we had went and tested on. The rain played a factor to that. So I guess the bite was good just not what it had been at the pre-worlds or the Xray race.

Thanks Drew
Old 08-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #5559
Tech Elite

Quote:

The alum. front sway bar mounts are new they will be for sell soon.

Thanks Drew
Hopefully we can get all those new parts in a full kit.

The clutch was all the xray stuff? HD or Regular?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #5560
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know if this question was asked... What receiver pack is everyone running in the car. I see they make a life 1100 mah. Is that enough for a 30 min main?? Thanks for any info!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #5561
Tech Master

Yes Xray is thinking of doing a "WC Ralph Burch kit" that will come with all the parts that we ran and more.

The clutch was a HD with there new red pad. All Xray..

Ralph's car we ran NIMH 1600 pack. A life 1100 will be cutting it close.

Thanks Drew
Old 08-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #5562
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes Xray is thinking of doing a "WC Ralph Burch kit" that will come with all the parts that we ran and more.

The clutch was a HD with there new red pad. All Xray..

Ralph's car we ran NIMH 1600 pack. A life 1100 will be cutting it close.

Thanks Drew
Cool...Now we need to start the petition to get the Hudy "Drew Ellis" Fuel Gun.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #5563
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drew,

Congrats to Ralph on the big win and to you on the pit work. AWESOME!!! Unfortunately i wasn't able to make it up to Houston from San Antonio so i had to keep track on liverc. That was crazy fast on the tire change.

I noticed from the picture no weights down in the bottom of the chassis. Was the traction good enough that the car didn't need the lower CG or was there simply too much weight elsewhere on the car that additional weight wasn't an option?

Another question regarding the pulleys. Is it just the side pulleys or were the front diff pulley and rear center brake adapter pulley also in aluminum? Can't tell from the photo.

Thanks,

Daniel
SWEEP Tires
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #5564
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speyederjedi View Post
Drew,

Congrats to Ralph on the big win and to you on the pit work. AWESOME!!! Unfortunately i wasn't able to make it up to Houston from San Antonio so i had to keep track on liverc. That was crazy fast on the tire change.

I noticed from the picture no weights down in the bottom of the chassis. Was the traction good enough that the car didn't need the lower CG or was there simply too much weight elsewhere on the car that additional weight wasn't an option?

Another question regarding the pulleys. Is it just the side pulleys or were the front diff pulley and rear center brake adapter pulley also in aluminum? Can't tell from the photo.

Thanks,

Daniel
Daniel

The extra weight we needed was in the engine mount and the Nimh 1600. So with the weight there I was able to lighten up the car in the drive train and balance the car. We also run the plastic receiver box. Ralph's car weighed 27 grams over the limit with main tires. With just the capricorn wheels with no rubber Ralph's car was 2 grams over the limit.

The pulleys we ran were just the outside. Everything else was stock plastic. Xray will offer all the pulleys in alum.

Thanks Drew
Old 08-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #5565
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

NT1 will keep again !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote