R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 04-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #4051
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
do you mean inconsistent? I thought it was the heat from prolonged braking that caused the fading.
brakes have to operate between a certain temperature range to work well.. to hot wont stop and fades, to cold and it will either wear the pad or disc faster, or wont bite as well.. the stock disc actually weighs less (less material) than the exceed disc. hint, if you have fade its probably not the stock disc, look for the pad.

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #4052
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_ View Post
Did you use those on the XceedRC disk?
No I used the stock brake disk.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #4053
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
brakes have to operate between a certain temperature range to work well.. to hot wont stop and fades, to cold and it will either wear the pad or disc faster, or wont bite as well.. the stock disc actually weighs less (less material) than the exceed disc. hint, if you have fade its probably not the stock disc, look for the pad.
I knew it was the pads, but after discovering the kyosho pads didn't fit, i got the exceed disk.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:49 AM   #4054
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne View Post
In checking it over after all the suggestions, I realised I am getting some movement when the carby slides for brakes, i have increased the the EPA to reduce the movement but I have gotten to 120 EPA on Brakes and still movement, if I reduce the EPA movement increases
what hand control do you have ?
try adjusting your high point adjustment..
Without me, my xray nt1 is nothing!
pop corn anyone or maybe some fairy floss
grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #4055
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I knew it was the pads, but after discovering the kyosho pads didn't fit, i got the exceed disk.

I'm using a kyosho red pad, they don't fit out of the box, but its soft material, so do some hobby stuff
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #4056
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grub View Post
what hand control do you have ?
try adjusting your high point adjustment..
Grub, I'v got a 3PK
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #4057
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I was thinking about getting a nt1 for this summer and was wondering about the 08 compared to the 09 spec. I can get a 08 spec for $130 cheaper than the 09. Is it worth the savings or should i just get the 09?
csabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #4058
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin

Quote:
Originally Posted by csabo View Post
I was thinking about getting a nt1 for this summer and was wondering about the 08 compared to the 09 spec. I can get a 08 spec for $130 cheaper than the 09. Is it worth the savings or should i just get the 09?
I've got an 08 and just bought the 09 .. so this is what I think .. I like the new side belt tensioner. I prefer the aluminum shocks on the heavy NT1. I also would have gotten the rear cvds that don't come with the 08 kit. With that said, the aluminum shocks kit is $39.65 a PAIR and the cvds are $37.95 EACH, so that's a total of $155.20. NeXus Racing Prices ..... Plus the new two speed spring, wider side belt and other parts .....

It's a NO BRAINER in my book ... get the 09 ... ..... I'll more than likely get the conversion kit for my 08 when the come out, if it's not a arm and leg ...
c1 racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #4059
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csabo View Post
ok, IMO save the bucks and get the 08, unless your really fast to begin with you won,t notice much difference. buy the side tensioner separate for what, 5 bucks. but the rest of the car is fine for club racing. the rear cvd's just add more moving parts. stock dogbones rear are fine. use the money on spares or tires or something for practicing. I haven't had a problem with the fuel tank personally. and most of the replacement parts are wear items anyhow save for the shocks. and if you want Aluminum shocks you can get serpent RCC's for a bit less and they are better shocks anyhow.. shhhh lol

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #4060
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+ 1 with what rx said.
Don`t worry rx i know ur gonna turn to the dark side once the new snake becomes available. lol,lol.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #4061
Tech Regular

haha lol
well said unless you are desperate to get a winnig car then get the 08 but surely the 09 worth more than the 08 but both of them can get you anywhere you want
i myself got the 08 kit just after the release of the 09 because i was desperate to get back on the wins(too many stupid breakdowns).
if money is no problem get the 09...
Old 04-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #4062
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
+ 1 with what rx said.
Don`t worry rx i know ur gonna turn to the dark side once the new snake becomes available. lol,lol.
+1 to what rx said

+5 to what you said!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #4063
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
ok, IMO save the bucks and get the 08, unless your really fast to begin with you won,t notice much difference. buy the side tensioner separate for what, 5 bucks. but the rest of the car is fine for club racing. the rear cvd's just add more moving parts. stock dogbones rear are fine. use the money on spares or tires or something for practicing. I haven't had a problem with the fuel tank personally. and most of the replacement parts are wear items anyhow save for the shocks. and if you want Aluminum shocks you can get serpent RCC's for a bit less and they are better shocks anyhow.. shhhh lol
The 09 has a new top deck also so the new belt tensionsr and the new top deck are alittle more than 5 bucks I'm guessing ...
c1 racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #4064
Tech Champion

get 09 of course.

Consider to buy Mugen Seiki MTX4 allumunium dampers ONLY IF 09 still come with plastic dampers. From my 08 experience, Xray plastic dampers are leaky sometimes. ( coz only using single o ring ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 AM   #4065
Tech Elite

I have an NT1 that's was only used as a review for 3hobby.net and would like to upgrade it to an 09 spec. Time to race it properly I think!

Anyone has a list of upgrades to do this?

Thanks.