Front= 33lbs
Rear= 28lbs
Thanks alot D-nicest!
sphere666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #5177
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Hey guys, I can't seem to be able to solve my fade braking problem.

I have used the standard NT1 disk, the new light Xray disk and the CSO lightweight disk. All of them seem to have considerable fade throughout the mains.

I have also tried the ferrodo brake pad, but after each qual, I end up without brakes

I have tried KM brakepads, but if I force them enough, they will get very hot and one of the brake pads will twist (one on the outside).

I even tried using one side with the KM brake pad and the other with a mugen 1/8th buggy brake pad and still had fading (less though).

Next step is to find Kyosho's APP brake pad since it was the only car I did not feel it had brake fading...

Any other solutions?? Is there any brake pad out there that will work better?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:54 AM   #5178
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Hey guys, I can't seem to be able to solve my fade braking problem.

I have used the standard NT1 disk, the new light Xray disk and the CSO lightweight disk. All of them seem to have considerable fade throughout the mains.

I have also tried the ferrodo brake pad, but after each qual, I end up without brakes

I have tried KM brakepads, but if I force them enough, they will get very hot and one of the brake pads will twist (one on the outside).

I even tried using one side with the KM brake pad and the other with a mugen 1/8th buggy brake pad and still had fading (less though).

Next step is to find Kyosho's APP brake pad since it was the only car I did not feel it had brake fading...

Any other solutions?? Is there any brake pad out there that will work better?
I haven't had any issue with the KM ones, been pretty happy with those. Which disk did you use them with? Maybe you don't have enough distance between the disk and the pads, or maybe the KM's weren't well glued that you received. Just trying to brainstorm because I was really happy with them and had a totally different experience.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #5179
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Riketsu

im using the km pads and standard disk i have no problems in long mains (30 mins)

the km pads also include a small spring which keeps thepads away from the disk
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #5180
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
I haven't had any issue with the KM ones, been pretty happy with those. Which disk did you use them with? Maybe you don't have enough distance between the disk and the pads, or maybe the KM's weren't well glued that you received. Just trying to brainstorm because I was really happy with them and had a totally different experience.
I tried the lightweight Xray Disk (the one that comes with the European champion). And the CSO lightweight disk.

I used two sets and still had the same problems.

What do you mean that it didnt have enough distance between the disk and the pads?

Does it need a minimum distance for it to work properly? I was under the assumption that you would tighten the screws until you felt resistance in the pads...
Old 04-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #5181
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
I tried the lightweight Xray Disk (the one that comes with the European champion). And the CSO lightweight disk.

I used two sets and still had the same problems.

What do you mean that it didnt have enough distance between the disk and the pads?

Does it need a minimum distance for it to work properly? I was under the assumption that you would tighten the screws until you felt resistance in the pads...
On my car I have about 4.5mm in spacing in between the graphite on the plates with the stock disk being used. You need to leave some excess space because 1) as the metal on the disk heats up it expands, and 2) the disk doesn't spin perfectly true and may rub up on the pads if they are too close causing more friction=heat. Also, although the KM's have worked great for me, having graphite for the plates decreases the area for the heat to dissipate, so the Disk tends to take more heat. So I'm guessing you may need to back out on the screws some to get rid of your issue. Hopefully that helps.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #5182
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

HeLlo guys jst a quick questions about xray nt1, i have the nt1
for a while, does anybody knows what lbs does the silver springs
that came with the kit? And where is the best store to buys parts
for the nt1... Thnks in advance...
civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #5183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

civicsi where are you located? www.nbhc.com.au are a full xray hudy distributor and just recently got in a new order so they will have evrything in stock

i believe the stock sprinsg are 33 front and 28 rear
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #5184
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
civicsi where are you located? www.nbhc.com.au are a full xray hudy distributor and just recently got in a new order so they will have evrything in stock

i believe the stock sprinsg are 33 front and 28 rear
I live here in vegas, tryin to get ready for the motonica race... Thnks for the reply
Old 04-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #5185
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicsi View Post
HeLlo guys jst a quick questions about xray nt1, i have the nt1
for a while, does anybody knows what lbs does the silver springs
that came with the kit? And where is the best store to buys parts
for the nt1... Thnks in advance...
Nexus Racing, Bruckner Hobbies, Brooklyn Hobbies, TQ Hobbies, A Main....
All the above have a good selection for the NT1 and great pricing
Old 04-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #5186
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurcheck View Post
Yo, yo,yo,yo Carlos. I don't post much but figured I could maybe get some info before the car arrives. Did not know any of our locals posted here, figured I could do it under cover in this public forum.
Yeah, Iv'e been running Mugens for many years, and before that Kyosho. Time to try Xray since I run Xray electrics. I am not sure what the differences are from the 2009 to the 2010 but I got the 2009 anyway. You have seen me drive, I am sure I will not be able to tell the difference between the two versions, my skills are not on a national or regional level. Plus, the economy has finally taken it's toll on my program and I am not even sure how often I will be at Blue Diamond. Probably mostly Jackson and off road at Trax 70.

We'll see how the summer goes.
Jammin Jeff on the xray!!!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #5187
Tech Adept

Default NT1 2010 Kit

Just wanted to share some pics of my NT1 2010 , hopefully can get it on the track this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray NT1-img00161-20100324-1919.jpg   Xray NT1-img00204-20100407-1110.jpg   Xray NT1-img00214-20100407-2015.jpg   Xray NT1-img00227-20100409-1231.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #5188
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

/\ /\
Very Nice Ride!!! I just switched over to an Xray from a TeamMagic G4... I dont know why I kept putting it off so long!!! What a dream to drive an XRAY!!!

RoyalPalmRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #5189
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
Nexus Racing, Bruckner Hobbies, Brooklyn Hobbies, TQ Hobbies, A Main....
All the above have a good selection for the NT1 and great pricing
thnk you d-nicest i appreciate all the inputs, i'll check all of them... thanks...
Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #5190
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicsi View Post
thnk you d-nicest i appreciate all the inputs, i'll check all of them... thanks...
www.rcmarket.com.hk
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote