R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 01-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #3676
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
are the Xray T2 aluminum shocks the best option for the NT1 or is there something better out there?
Personally i staid with the plastics they work great. I think there also a little smoother than the alloys. If you just want aluminum shocks the Xray ones would be the brand to go with.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #3677
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma

what about durability? are the aluminums better?
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #3678
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
what about durability? are the aluminums better?
I havew yet to bend a shock shaft or break plastic shocks in a race.. doesn't mean it cant happen. usually the biggest problem people have is threading the cap on. The AL shocks may last longer into the main before getting air in them. I havent tested them myself.. but plastics are just fine.. I would spend the money on tires and go practice or race more.. lol

cheers

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #3679
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

the plastic shocks work fine for me
RANDY SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #3680
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

The plastic shocks are good for cool and warm weather, but the aluminum shocks have a tendancy to feel inconsistant in hot weather. I run both, depending on the weather as to which one I run.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #3681
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
The plastic shocks are good for cool and warm weather, but the aluminum shocks have a tendancy to feel inconsistant in hot weather. I run both, depending on the weather as to which one I run.
hey, so you going to be pitting for me in the sedan b main? lol

Old 01-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #3682
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
hey, so you going to be pitting for me in the sedan b main? lol
I'll be pitting my budy in the A-main
Old 01-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #3683
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'll be pitting my budy in the A-main
who is that? I would say A, but thats a little to cocky for my style.. I would imagine that the regulars would be there, salvin, chris, dj, ralph, palo... Not sure I can stay with any of those guys.. the others are unknowns to me.. We will see. if your not pitting for someone when I am on the stand and nigel and the boys are busy. you think you would have time for some fueling? lol

Old 01-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #3684
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

not sure u could stay with those names! If u that same cat that was runnin the Nt1 at Groundpounders, I kno u can't run with those names. You was n the B there. That's like the Dmain anywhere else! LOL
Old 01-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #3685
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
not sure u could stay with those names! If u that same cat that was runnin the Nt1 at Groundpounders, I kno u can't run with those names. You was n the B there. That's like the Dmain anywhere else! LOL
Your a comodian aren't ya. Never got the car to work till I got more time on it in SOCAL. Come down here and race mr 3 posts on RC tech. And don't you have something better to do like post in the Kyosho forum? and I am pretty sure I had a buncha A main visits there.. like all the races but ONE. And last week at CP was workin my bump up running there.. so Lets see what ya got mr talks alot. And thanks for stating the obvious, also known as what I JUST SAID> I don't think I can run with the pro's.. damn your slow on the uptake, i hope you can drive faster than you catch on. and that could possibly be the dumbest picture i have EVER seen on RC tech lol. I am flying to winternats next week. I would love for you to show up and see what ya got. If ya don't have the sack then shut it. I don't feel like listening to 12 year olds right now. I really hope you were one of the other teams that ran the three hour enduro, like the team magic car? You think your a world champ driver? Just cause your mom increased your allowance so you could get a RRR doesn't mean anything in the big kids world. And guess what, RC isn't my whole world. an Example is tomorrow I fly to colorado to see my woman, I know you will be busy at Vallejo RC playing with the other kids. Grow up dude.

Last edited by rx7ttlm; 01-30-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #3686
Tech Elite

WOW.... a little sensitive are we?

I'll be bringing 2 cars to the track with me when I come down to mechanic. Backups for two drivers.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:09 AM   #3687
Tech Elite

1st off I'm grown. 2nd I didn't make this name to bash you. It's not that serious. But u text on here like u somethin u not. U need to b humbled. U should hav been In the A every race with 5 people runnin nitro LOL. Gettin ur ass wooped by caveli everyother week. When me and my people raced with u, put all y'all ass n the B except him.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 AM   #3688
Tech Elite

And when we tried to get u to vrc/speedworld to back up the sh%* u talk u was a no show. The enduro is old news friend. That's a team effort. We was trying to run with u. And I wasn't there anyway
Old 01-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #3689
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
WOW.... a little sensitive are we?

I'll be bringing 2 cars to the track with me when I come down to mechanic. Backups for two drivers.

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #3690
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
1st off I'm grown. 2nd I didn't make this name to bash you. It's not that serious. But u text on here like u somethin u not. U need to b humbled. U should hav been In the A every race with 5 people runnin nitro LOL. Gettin ur ass wooped by caveli everyother week. When me and my people raced with u, put all y'all ass n the B except him.
First, learn english. Second if you aren't part of the conversation... Shut the f%^k up. I was joking with james, so your two cents aren't needed. Third, if your grown act like it. Fourth, seeing all the spelling errors in your post makes me laugh. Anyhow, I am off to do something called work. Something your ass probably doesn't know shit about. And yeah, when I raced the car like 4 times everyone else is going to be faster jackass. I work in motorsports so its freegin rare that I could make RC race weekends. And I sure as sh!t am not in the mood to listen to some third rate chump talk shit on a computer. Cause obviously since I have never talked to you in person, that means ya didn't have the sack to talk shit then. So since you failed to have the balls to say somethin rude then. I suggest you go back to moms house and play with your toys some more, cause your acting like a child.