R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 03-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #5086
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
yeah, my question is how much of the capricorn car is an NT1 lol
Improving over a successfull platform is a well known business cost reduction practice...LOL

But we have to agree...some of the "tiny goat" solutions are inventive.

Last edited by Cobra zz; 03-18-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Cobra zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #5087
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra zz View Post
Improving over a successfull platform is a well known business cost reduction practice...LOL

Some aren't bad. But I am pretty sure none of them are inventive. I have seen most of the things they did before. *shrugs* I was just suprised how all the diff cases and even the chassis haven't really changed much from NT1 status.. lol. Its obvious what platform they chose.. especially since its an NT1 fuel tank lols

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #5088
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra zz View Post

Some aren't bad. But I am pretty sure none of them are inventive. I have seen most of the things they did before. *shrugs* I was just surprised how all the diff cases and even the chassis haven't really changed much from NT1 status.. lol. Its obvious what platform they chose.. especially since its an NT1 fuel tank lols

Old 03-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #5089
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hi guys, can anyone tell the width size of the original 0mm non offset hex adaptor ?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #5090
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
hi guys, can anyone tell the width size of the original 0mm non offset hex adaptor ?
5.75mm for stock, 5.00mm for -0.75

Old 03-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #5091
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

thanks for the help !
Old 03-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #5092
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well did a another day of testing today and had some mixed results.
It was terrible engine wise because I spent almost an entire day too solve some problems on my MF/JP frankenstein engine which still aren't solved.

On the chassis side of things the day was great.
Builded some new dampers at home which I thought would suit the current conditions and they worked great, car had better traction and was a lot easier to control and was a lot faster.
Also moved some weight towards the front, front end was really good, combined with moving the rear ARB connection 2mm inward this pretty much solved the understeer on hard acceleration.

At the last 5 minutes of the day I decided to give my Capricorn Hard light tires a try, and man those tires are good.
I only did 12 laps with them so first 6 or so were used to bed them in since they came right of the truer, but after that the laptimes dropped 0.3 seconds compared to what I ran earlier that day with the GRP tires.
The last 6 laps were within 0.3 seconds of each other and the best one was only 0.2 seconds off my personal best. I trued the tires to 65mm in the rear and 62.5 in the front so this amazes me even more, can't wait to run them with 59-61 and some high grip situation's.
I could hold a much tighter line in the tight S bends and accelerate pretty much full throttle without the back stepping out.
Balance under braking was improved as well.

I think I never had such a huge increase in performance before, ordered 20 sets of them right away.
Would recommend everyone to give them a try, here in Europe they also are one of the cheaper tires available.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #5093
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
It was terrible engine wise because I spent almost an entire day too solve some problems on my MF/JP frankenstein engine which still aren't solved.

Builded some new dampers at home which I thought would suit the current conditions and they worked great, car had better traction and was a lot easier to control and was a lot faster.
Also moved some weight towards the front, front end was really good, combined with moving the rear ARB connection 2mm inward this pretty much solved the understeer on hard acceleration.

At the last 5 minutes of the day I decided to give my Capricorn Hard light tires a try, and man those tires are good.
I only did 12 laps with them so first 6 or so were used to bed them in since they came right of the truer, but after that the laptimes dropped 0.3 seconds compared to what I ran earlier that day with the GRP tires.
The last 6 laps were within 0.3 seconds of each other and the best one was only 0.2 seconds off my personal best. I trued the tires to 65mm in the rear and 62.5 in the front so this amazes me even more, can't wait to run them with 59-61 and some high grip situation's.
I could hold a much tighter line in the tight S bends and accelerate pretty much full throttle without the back stepping out.

I think I never had such a huge increase in performance before, ordered 20 sets of them right away.
Would recommend everyone to give them a try, here in Europe they also are one of the cheaper tires available.
hey, since your closer to being done with school. I want you to engineer me an adjustable swaybar, that can be adjusted with my radio's third channel. lol. And weighs less than 2 ozes.... That way if my cars handling goes away as my tires wear, Then I can stiffen the front bar on the fly and dominate

Old 03-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #5094
Tech Master

Quote:
hey, since your closer to being done with school. I want you to engineer me an adjustable swaybar, that can be adjusted with my radio's third channel. lol. And weighs less than 2 ozes.... That way if my cars handling goes away as my tires wear, Then I can stiffen the front bar on the fly and dominate
Ok, where to should I sent the first quote?.

But I never had real handling issues during a race, first ten minutes the car has a hint of understeer and the last five minutes some oversteer in the tight corners.

But first we should fit a wire type ARB to the NT1, get rid of the worthless blades.

I've already seen a system on an old F1 car which should fit our cars perfectly, although I don't think it's actually allowed.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #5095
Tech Apprentice

Man I've been out of the game too long...I get lost in all this stuff now
OLDSKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #5096
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ok, where to should I sent the first quote?.

But I never had real handling issues during a race, first ten minutes the car has a hint of understeer and the last five minutes some oversteer in the tight corners.

But first we should fit a wire type ARB to the NT1, get rid of the worthless blades.

I've already seen a system on an old F1 car which should fit our cars perfectly, although I don't think it's actually allowed.
I don't give a crap if its allowed, we have a track here that chews through tires. lol. and having that would be perfect. and I think it would be a fun project lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKL View Post
Man I've been out of the game too long...I get lost in all this stuff now
its not that different, me and DS just take things to the next level lol

Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #5097
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:

Nice to see it went well DS.

How much weight did you move forward, and where did you place it?

Cheaper tires?? Over here I could buy a full set per each capricorn pair.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:24 AM   #5098
Tech Master

Quote:
I don't give a crap if its allowed, we have a track here that chews through tires. lol. and having that would be perfect. and I think it would be a fun project lol
It's do able with the blade type anti rollbar but it will add some serious weight to the unsprung mass.
You will need something like a steel cable (like the Shepherd V10 brakesystem) to operate the anti rollbar adjustment because it's mounted to the unsprung mass.
To operate it you can use a micro servo from an airplane or helicopter.
When I have some spare time I will make a quick draft in Cad.
First have to finish some parts which need to go on the NT1 before the season kicks off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Nice to see it went well DS.

How much weight did you move forward, and where did you place it?

Cheaper tires?? Over here I could buy a full set per each capricorn pair.
I moved 30 grams which is located under the battery, the Tungsten plates, 15mm forward.
And I used the wide lower bumper without the foam.
Now I have a good base setup so I can start testing the new bodies.

Finally something is cheaper in Europe compared to the rest of the world.
If I want to buy the Capricorn car I pay 820 dollars.
Don't even start about gas, $8,2 a gallon.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #5099
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Just received my ProTek LiFe battery. It is 16.8mm thick...
Old 03-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #5100
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=DS Motorsport;7161450]It's do able with the blade type anti rollbar but it will add some serious weight to the unsprung mass.
You will need something like a steel cable (like the Shepherd V10 brakesystem) to operate the anti rollbar adjustment because it's mounted to the unsprung mass.
To operate it you can use a micro servo from an airplane or helicopter.
When I have some spare time I will make a quick draft in Cad.

how cool would that be?