R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 03-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #3931
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
yep, I might try 40rear and see how it goes but most companies dont keep 40 in stock

also those people runnning lipo where are you putting your regulators on your car??

cheers
Here are the pictures of how i mounted it.
Don't mind all the lead, i've got the car down to 1598 grams and the 4mm chassis plate and brass tray weren't delivered on time so i had to put 105 grams of lead somewhere on the car.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #3932
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Here are the pictures of how i mounted it.
Don't mind all the lead, i've got the car down to 1598 grams and the 4mm chassis plate and brass tray weren't delivered on time so i had to put 105 grams of lead somewhere on the car.

I see the delrin pillow ball nuts and the 2.2gram brake disk. Let me know how that brake disk holds up.....I hadn't gotten one yet.
thanks
Old 03-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #3933
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
I see the delrin pillow ball nuts and the 2.2gram brake disk. Let me know how that brake disk holds up.....I hadn't gotten one yet.
thanks
those pillow ball nuts are AMAZING lol

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #3934
Tech Regular

Has anyone put a 20 gram weight in the front of the car to get it to stop pushing?
Joey4875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #3935
Tech Regular

Default WHERE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
yep, I might try 40rear and see how it goes but most companies dont keep 40 in stock

also those people runnning lipo where are you putting your regulators on your car??

cheers
I running exceed lipo and regulator, and it all fits snug in receiver box ,if you have trouble just keep moving them aroundthey will fit, i can even take the rubber cap of and check my regulator light to make shore charge not to low .
Gseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #3936
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey4875 View Post
Has anyone put a 20 gram weight in the front of the car to get it to stop pushing?
The main reason the car would push, is probably due to setup. I know when using the light weight solid spool up front many add one of the Hudy 10g weights into the front bumper to make up for the weight loss in that area. What track do run at... 301?
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #3937
Tech Regular

I saw that last year on a couple of cars at the track (301). I just made the jump from the kyosho and I just got my 09 NT1 put together I haven't even drivin it yet. A guy at the track was telling me to put a 20 gram weight on the lower bumper or the car would push,but now I see why thanks for the info testing it out Wednesday afternoon can't wait
Joey4875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #3938
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey4875 View Post
I saw that last year on a couple of cars at the track (301). I just made the jump from the kyosho and I just got my 09 NT1 put together I haven't even drivin it yet. A guy at the track was telling me to put a 20 gram weight on the lower bumper or the car would push,but now I see why thanks for the info testing it out Wednesday afternoon can't wait
Cool congrats on the new ride and have fun. I should be making the trip down there soon, just holla if you ever have any questions.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
Old 03-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #3939
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
Cool congrats on the new ride and have fun. I should be making the trip down there soon, just holla if you ever have any questions.
Whats up Diatta ??
I need a reciever box U have an extra one hanging around ??

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #3940
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrunchone View Post
Whats up Diatta ??
I need a reciever box U have an extra one hanging around ??
Rick What's up longtime no see... Yeah I have one for you, what are you running these days anyway?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #3941
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gseventeen View Post
I running exceed lipo and regulator, and it all fits snug in receiver box ,if you have trouble just keep moving them aroundthey will fit, i can even take the rubber cap of and check my regulator light to make shore charge not to low .
what Reciever are you running with the regulator? (trying to figure out if my ko 2.4 is small enough to do that)

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #3942
Tech Addict

Quote:
Rick What's up longtime no see... Yeah I have one for you, what are you running these days anyway?
Still hooked on the MTX... See U soon as the weather breaks... Lately it has been either screwy weather or just to cold. Going to start working on my engines this week coming

Old 03-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #3943
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrunchone View Post
Still hooked on the MTX... See U soon as the weather breaks... Lately it has been either screwy weather or just to cold. Going to start working on my engines this week coming
Sounds like you're going to be back in full force this season... What Ureally need is an Xray though
Old 03-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #3944
Tech Addict

Quote:
Sounds like you're going to be back in full force this season... What Ureally need is an Xray though
I like the Mugen but I think if I could put servos on a rock I would be having fun. Liking the car is a plus...

Last edited by kcrunchone; 03-16-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-17-2009, 02:57 AM   #3945
Tech Regular

Default spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
what Reciever are you running with the regulator? (trying to figure out if my ko 2.4 is small enough to do that)
Just running the standard spectrum reciever not the mini size you can get these days. I ts a tight fit but it does fit even with a lot of the wires stuffed in there as well,just take your time and try a few diff configeration and you should get it in the end. Certainly better than having it where the guy in the photo has got it,you only have to get some doofus pitting for you that misses the fuel tank more times than he gets it and, FIRE FIRE
Gseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote