Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Nah, started off as a RRR "Evo" , then they swapped over the top deck and fitted the new spool...as soon as the grip came up and cars traction rolled, everyone swapped over to the laydown servo.
Yup that explained why the laydown servo was on. Any yes you bet i did have too much grip once i changed mine to EVO. I change rear tires from 38 shore to 43 ! and let front with 38 shore it still doesn't throw the rear. Seem like I have to work on other setup/tuning now.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Front or rear??
Front, thanks for any information.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Has anyone of you tried the SP rear shock tower (VZW 207)? What is the diffence in handling did you notice? From what I can see it has got blue anodized rear bearing cover comes together with it, and the rear inner camber link pivot ball sits upwards instead of towards the front, and it has got 3 holes instead of 5 holes(EVO). Is this better? And what is the effect of having 2mm spacer under the pivot ball?
I would say, that you would probably be better off with the RRR EVO part or this one The VZW207 requires that you modify the camber link ends for proper suspension travel, which is a pain to get perfect. The 2mm spacer allows you to raise or lower the roll center. You can pretty much to the same adjustment with either parts, it's just a matter of how you do it.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:58 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I would say, that you would probably be better off with the RRR EVO part or this one The VZW207 requires that you modify the camber link ends for proper suspension travel, which is a pain to get perfect. The 2mm spacer allows you to raise or lower the roll center. You can pretty much to the same adjustment with either parts, it's just a matter of how you do it.
Have you tried that KM part yet?

My car is setup similar to the pic from the previous page.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Have you tried that KM part yet?
I haven't tried the KM part, but I know a few guys in the forum have purchased it.

The VZW207 offers a lot of flexibility - way more than the RRR Evo or KM part for very fine adjustments, but it just really depends on what a person's requirements are and how much time and effort they can put into making the adjustments. I still have a lot more testing to do with the VZW207 and it is a good part, but the hassle factor for filing that camber link is a big negative for me - especially if you have to do it between heats. It's definitely a custom fit and you actally need to prep a few camber links in advance in case it needs to be replaced. Kyosho really should have a special part for it.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

I also have VZW207 as i was told the shock-tower was stronger, but after a few races the carbon layers where getting loose I put some glue between the layers but after last race the layers at the rear are broken so its now a very flexible shock-tower. Is there something i can do to avoid this splitting of the carbon?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
I also have VZW207 as i was told the shock-tower was stronger, but after a few races the carbon layers where getting loose I put some glue between the layers but after last race the layers at the rear are broken so its now a very flexible shock-tower. Is there something i can do to avoid this splitting of the carbon?
I've never heard of anyone having that problem before! I would consider it a factory defect. Contact the guys you got it from and see if they will replace it.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
what i usually do with all the carbon fiber parts in my evo kit is that i seal it with CA glue i haven't had any problems with the carbon layers splitting after doing this
Old 10-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Guys need help here. I do have problem with my V1RRR Evo, understeer on, off power. Seem too much grip at rear. My current setting is:-
Front/Rear
Dif - Oneway/ 10K - sometime 30K
Shock oil- 40/40
Shock Position - mid/mid
Spring- RRR Evo blue spring front/rear
Swaybar- 0°/45°
Tires - 38/43 - Did used 40 at rear it make more understeer
Downstop - 0/4mm
Tires Dia - 62/64
Trackwidth- 199/200
Ride Height- 6.5-7.5
Camber- 1.5/3
Toe- 1/-2.5
Body- Mazda 6
Track Traction - mid

Anything wrong here? I start thinking to change back to laydown servo where i got hang on it. Welcome and Thanks for your opinion
Old 10-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

I would say... Try 40 shore in front. If that doesn't work, go 20K or 30K rear diff. Have you tried running 40s on all fours?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I would say... Try 40 shore in front. If that doesn't work, go 20K or 30K rear diff. Have you tried running 40s on all fours?
Thank you rmdhawaii, Yes i tried 40s all around but still much u/steer. And yes i going to increase the rear diff back again.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by esham
Guys need help here. I do have problem with my V1RRR Evo, understeer on, off power. Seem too much grip at rear. My current setting is:-
Front/Rear
Dif - Oneway/ 10K - sometime 30K
Shock oil- 40/40
Shock Position - mid/mid
Spring- RRR Evo blue spring front/rear
Swaybar- 0°/45°
Tires - 38/43 - Did used 40 at rear it make more understeer
Downstop - 0/4mm
Tires Dia - 62/64
Trackwidth- 199/200
Ride Height- 6.5-7.5
Camber- 1.5/3
Toe- 1/-2.5
Body- Mazda 6
Track Traction - mid

Anything wrong here? I start thinking to change back to laydown servo where i got hang on it. Welcome and Thanks for your opinion
try less toe-in in the rear...also try little more front camber like 2.5...heavier diff oil.....also try 0/3 downstop.....lower your ride height 5-4 and use flat front sway bar....
Old 10-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

like mentioned i would flatten the sway bar first & try it out but try one step at a time like in ROBERTS Post see how it works out send back some results good luck
Old 10-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

rmdhawaii,robert,soloartist...hei, thanks man. i will give a try and how it turn up.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default v1rrr evo

finally the stuff that i ordered arrived. can't wait to install them

kfactory aluminum servo mounts and special rear mount

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.