Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trilordy.com
anyone?
For the rear or for the front?

Never heard of a spool for the rear on the rrr.

Front, see previous posts on this thread about K-factory ones.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by occ
For the rear or for the front?

Never heard of a spool for the rear on the rrr.

Front, see previous posts on this thread about K-factory ones.
Yes the rear, i want to get rid of the Diff, kyosho call it Rigid drive or something.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trilordy.com
Yes the rear, i want to get rid of the Diff, kyosho call it Rigid drive or something.
Wow! Do you mean the rigid axle? Part No. VZW008? I don't think anybody uses that for their RRR.

You could always try using the solid axle adapter that comes with the kit, but I'm not sure it would work or hold up. 3Racing makes an aluminum one: http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=3806
Old 04-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

This track is just minutes away from the Nation's Capital

RC Pro Series two-day race entry form
Can be submitted at the track on race day.

Capital Classic June 6th-10th
Factory drivers already registered. 160 max. entries. Don't miss this one!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default rear diff grease

hi...has anyone tried the using this kyosho grease instead of silicone oil for the rear diff? i was told it came with different viscosity like the silicone oil...and the good thing about it is no more leaks..
Old 04-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Post SCREWS

Need your guy's opinions......

Is it worth changing the stock screws on my EVO WC to titanium hex type or alloy hex ones? I haven't built the car yet, so I'm contemplating if I should order some and also where to buy them. I know I read somewhere here or on the other V1RRR thread to just stick with stock screws for the motor/motor mount.

Appreciate any input you guys might have. Also I'm just going to put a diff in the front when I build the car due to layout of the track I will be racing on and also the other racers recommend the diff over the spool.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Need your guy's opinions......

Is it worth changing the stock screws on my EVO WC to titanium hex type or alloy hex ones? I haven't built the car yet, so I'm contemplating if I should order some and also where to buy them. I know I read somewhere here or on the other V1RRR thread to just stick with stock screws for the motor/motor mount.

Appreciate any input you guys might have. Also I'm just going to put a diff in the front when I build the car due to layout of the track I will be racing on and also the other racers recommend the diff over the spool.

Thanks in advance.
Check out: https://www.tonysscrews.com/displayP...5&categoryId=2

They are great and great service from Tony....
Old 04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I built mine last week with hex head screws from Tony's Screws and am glad i did, the kit comes with phillips head screws that usually rounded off by the time they were even half way into the plastic.
heres a link to Tony's
https://www.tonysscrews.com/displayP...5&categoryId=2
Old 04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Agree 100%. Get the hex screws.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow SCREWS

Thanks for your responses. Will change and order the screw set from Tony. Regarding the issues with the motor mount, should I just stick with the stock screws or the one's that came with set from Tony would be fine or better than the stock ones?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for your responses. Will change and order the screw set from Tony. Regarding the issues with the motor mount, should I just stick with the stock screws or the one's that came with set from Tony would be fine or better than the stock ones?
Hmmm... Might not be a question of which is "better" - but more like which screw head will last longer. I only use a ball hex driver on my motor mount screws and I strip the stock ones after a while. Haven't had the opportunity to try Tony's motor mount screws yet.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:14 AM
A
Tech Initiate

Default Front Diff Setup

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I would agree. For tight, sharp and winding, a front diff would probably work out best.
ok thanks, going to try the diff and c how it goes.. wonder what oil is going to work best? ill try the hard type that comes with the kit, maybe using a softer compound would be better though??

Part numbers are in the manual.. for anyone wanting them:

VZ218 - Differential Joint
BS107 - Bezel shaft
VZ012 - Gear Set

cheerz..

Last edited by A; 04-17-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

I think he was referring to a standard diff just like in the rear of the car. The manual has a list of the parts you need to get to build one.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

where can i find a website that has a lot of kyosho hop up parts , im looking for the steel pinion gears 1&2 every where i look they only have 1st gear please help thanks
Old 04-17-2007, 05:48 AM
jag
Tech Master

I would use the hex screws for the engine mount... just make sure they are the right length. Some people use longer screws thinking they are better but 2 of the engine mount screws will bottom-out on the engine screws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.