Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Do you have these in stock? How many you got??

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....roducts_id=720
instock 5pcs up !
Old 04-18-2007, 03:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TedX

This track is just minutes away from the Nation's Capital

RC Pro Series two-day race entry form
Can be submitted at the track on race day.

Capital Classic June 6th-10th
Factory drivers already registered. 160 max. entries. Don't miss this one!
Nice track it looks a lot like are here in Lincoln Ne only minutes from the state's capitol

Old 04-18-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
What is the main difference in th e front and rear bulkheads compared to the rrr wc edition and are the upper front arms also different ...
the rear bulkheads have extra 3 holes to mount the upper camber link in. the front bulkheads stay the same.
the front upper arms are the same.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was looking at the evo wc shock posts, is it easier to just buy the FM529 evolva front shock set (13mm) than to buy everything individually or do you still have to buy pistons and springs? also, is it the same shock front and rear or is it also the FM530 evolva rear shocks?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

If you buy the entire shock kit you will still need to buy the pistons and springs. The EVO uses the same shock front and rear.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dowg
I built mine last week with hex head screws from Tony's Screws and am glad i did, the kit comes with phillips head screws that usually rounded off by the time they were even half way into the plastic.
heres a link to Tony's
https://www.tonysscrews.com/displayP...5&categoryId=2
has anyone to post some pics from those "Tony's screws"?does this kit of screws worth buying?what are these screws made of?titanium,steel,aluminum or what?thanks in advance
Old 04-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default I am apart of the Team........... :)

Well I just picked up my Kyosho V-One RRR Evo WCE from Rc Tech in Daly City California. Lawrence and Terrance are awesome, but anyways I am very pleased with the way the kit looks in parts. I have a list of what I have gather to be important hop-ups and some stuff I thought I would like. If I am missin anything please let me know... Well here is my list....

K-Factory Racing Racing Brake Pads (K1498)
Kyosho SP Main Chasis (VZW214)
Kyosho Aluminum Middle Shaft (VZW216)
Kyosho Lightweight Clutch Bell (VZW213)
Kyosho Aluminum Brake Lever (VZW063)
Kyosho Rear Pully adaptor (the one that looks like a Mugen adaptor) (VZW223)
K-Factory Ventilated Brake Disc (K1901)
Kyosho SP Rear Shock Stay (VZW207)
Skyline V-One RRR 4mm Shock Tower (SKL-5002)
Hexcrews Kyosho V-One RRR Hex Head AP Conversion Kit

I also Have some other questions what battery pack should I get if that matters that much. Also I have a Airtroncs MX3 FM radio system and I have a 94758Z servo should I use this one or buy different airtronics servos and if so which airtronics servos are good steering and throttle servos.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Futhermore

My next question is what is a good pipe thats readily available to pair up with my Nova Mega SX12 5port trubo MS.... I was thinking skyline. Also since I have the evo WCE. I was thinking of changing the cars upper deck and getting the proper linkage need to cobvert it back to laydown throttle servo. Is this really worth it or not in you guys opinion.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

hey Berwick.G

i went from the rrr wce to an evo and was aprehensive about the standup throttle servo too, i was going to use my old top deck when building the car, but decided to try the evo one with the standup servo.

i have been running the evo for a few months now and havent even worried about trying the laydown servo by using top deck from my old car... car seems good where i have it setup atm, and if it aint broke dont fix it
Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Berwick.G
Well I just picked up my Kyosho V-One RRR Evo WCE from Rc Tech in Daly City California. Lawrence and Terrance are awesome, but anyways I am very pleased with the way the kit looks in parts. I have a list of what I have gather to be important hop-ups and some stuff I thought I would like. If I am missin anything please let me know... Well here is my list....

Kyosho SP Main Chasis (VZW214) this is used for high bite tracks
K-Factory Ventilated Brake Disc (K1901) will not work on evo but will on RRRWCE
Skyline V-One RRR 4mm Shock Tower (SKL-5002) stock is good enough

I also Have some other questions what battery pack should I get if that matters that much. Also I have a Airtroncs MX3 FM radio system and I have a 94758Z servo should I use this one or buy different airtronics servos and if so which airtronics servos are good steering and throttle servos.
You can use the servo for throttle but you will need a real good steering servo
Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Welcome to the RRR club Nice hopups far as reciever pack I use intellect 1400s and servo I have Futaba S9451 for steering & for throttle I use a standard servo. Skyline VR12plus is a good pipe for many different motors also not sure about the specs. on 94758Z.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Welcome to the club.

The KFactory Ventilated Brake Disc (K1901) is probably not going to work with the Evo, because the brake pulley was revised. I think it's step 17 in the manual.

I'm not sure how well VZW207 will fit on the Evo, because the rear bulkhead was revised. Maybe someone else knows.

On VZW214, I would run the car for maybe a gallon of fuel before trying it, so you can better guage the before and after performance.

On the Hexcrews conversion kit, just keep in mind, that it doesn't come with any button head screws. Do not use the "Regular Socket Cap" screws for the bottom engine mount screws, as they will protrude below the chassis, which is not a good thing.

IMO, you can leave the servo "as is".

Hope this helps.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 04-18-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
has anyone to post some pics from those "Tony's screws"?does this kit of screws worth buying?what are these screws made of?titanium,steel,aluminum or what?thanks in advance
I'm not sure what pictures will do for you.... Yes, by the kit, it is much stronger then anything I have used... made from steel, but it is stronger then normal screws. He has the hole kit, and I puchased extras for the motor mount and the rear camber link on top of the hub. This screw bends from the pressure, but not Tony's stuff... I'm just a normal racer, paying my way, so I'm not tied to Tony....
Old 04-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Well Were do I go from here.

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Welcome to the club.

The KFactory Ventilated Brake Disc (K1901) is probably not going to work with the Evo, because the brake pulley was revised. I think it's step 17 in the manual.

I'm not sure how well VZW207 will fit on the Evo, because the rear bulkhead was revised. Maybe someone else knows.

On VZW214, I would run the car for maybe a gallon of fuel before trying it, so you can better guage the before and after performance.

On the Hexcrews conversion kit, just keep in mind, that it doesn't come with any button head screws. Do not use the "Regular Socket Cap" screws for the bottom engine mount screws, as they will protrude below the chassis, which is not a good thing.

IMO, you can leave the servo "as is".

Hope this helps.

well what screws should I use for the bottom engine mount screws. Does this mean that every other screw will work.Also I was thinking about using servo for throttle and getting different steering servo. What about using the KM-rc ventilated brake disc. What two servos from air tronics do you recommend for steering and throttle.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well what screws should I use for the bottom engine mount screws.
Order some additional screws - like from Tony's Screws.

Does this mean that every other screw will work.
No, it's not that bad. As best as I can recall, the bottom engine mount screws are the only ones I had an issue with.

Also I was thinking about using servo for throttle and getting different steering servo. What two servos from air tronics do you recommend for steering and throttle.
Sorry, I don't use Airtronics - never tried them either. I use the Futaba S9451 for both steering and throttle. Maybe someone else can recommend some Airtronics servos.

What about using the KM-rc ventilated brake disc.
That will fit, as it was made for the Evo. I just haven't heard anything about it.

http://www.km-rc.com/oscommerce/cata...roducts_id=346

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.