Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree127Likes

Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2016, 09:19 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 190mph
Welcome to the RC8B3 Wiki!

Feel free to share Tips, Tricks, and anything else beneficial to the RC8B3 nation!

Instruction Manual and Setup Sheets:

RC8B3 Instruction Manual

Blank Editable Setup Sheet

Base Setup Start Here (Dirt Nitro Challenge 2016 Team Setup)

Browse Posted Team Associated Posted Setups

Browse Posted Petit RC Posted Setups

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
The next time I need to replace my arms I may try something. The new Tekno cars have a bushing that goes into the arm where the hinge pin goes though. I may try drilling the AE arms to accept those bushings and see if that will give a little more smoothness and consistency.

Never noticed that on the new teknos, pretty smart idea. Don't think there is enough meat on the current AE arms for that to be a viable solution though.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Can anyone scale their buggy and let me know what the total weight and front/rear weight bias is? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keither1884
Never noticed that on the new teknos, pretty smart idea. Don't think there is enough meat on the current AE arms for that to be a viable solution though.
That's my concern too, but I think you only have to open up the arms from 4mm to 5mm. I have some of the bushings ordered so I'll see if it works or not.
largeorangefont likes this.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Awesome. Let me know how it goes
Old 03-06-2020, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The next time I need to replace my arms I may try something. The new Tekno cars have a bushing that goes into the arm where the hinge pin goes though. I may try drilling the AE arms to accept those bushings and see if that will give a little more smoothness and consistency.
This was 20 years ago when I was 1/8 building cars for a couple pros, but I started drilling arms for a 3mm setscrew to dial arm slop out. It worked pretty well then, and gave a longer life to the suspension parts. I also did that exact bushing trick on some cars where drilling the arms made them too fragile. I was going to try it on my next set of uppers. I did a setscrew in the uppers when I built my 3.1, but they were not quite as durable as stock.

I have not really noticed a difference set screwing the lower arms to the hinge pin on the 3.1, so I abandoned the practice there.

All my lower arms have been great out of the package, I lightly ream them and put them on. I have noticed I've needed to shim all the lowers close to 1mm. All the arms on the car slid back and forth between the suspension blocks. Yes, this was even with the plastic 1mm spacer up front. I thought I built the car wrong initially.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Can anyone scale their buggy and let me know what the total weight and front/rear weight bias is? Thanks!
I just scaled mine. There may or may not be some extra bits on it...... but this should help. Forgot to add in the notes that I had a new set of wheels and tires on it too. That can definitely cause some discrepancies but I couldn't find my setup wheels!

Krio and Evoking1230 like this.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by sunco1
I just scaled mine. There may or may not be some extra bits on it...... but this should help. Forgot to add in the notes that I had a new set of wheels and tires on it too. That can definitely cause some discrepancies but I couldn't find my setup wheels!

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to post all that info. I only run electric, but I'm trying to get my RC8B3.1e to handle more like the nitro version. This will let me pick the correct battery/motor/weights to at least get closer. I know there's a lot of other factors, but right now my B3.1e feels like a dump truck when I have a full size battery in it and then is super sketchy when I use a shorty pack to get the weight closer to the nitro version. Pretty sure my weight bias is jacked up with the shorty pack, but now I can confirm.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys in case someone here in the forum don't use the social or don't follow us yet, we are pleased to inform all the AE users that today you have one more option to cover your RC8B3.1

We invite you to like our pages (FB, Instagram, YouTube) to stay update with our releases, next week also the VISION body for the brushless AE buggy will be announced, both nitro & electric are sold only Pre-Cut to give you the best with max. comfort!

Check out all the amazing features of this body at --> www.bittydesign.net/vision-rc8b31

Old 03-11-2020, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

whoa!

That is a seriously futuristic body! I spot some side dams for downforce.

Please make one for the truggy, lord knows it needs rear traction
Old 03-11-2020, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
Hey guys in case someone here in the forum don't use the social or don't follow us yet, we are pleased to inform all the AE users that today you have one more option to cover your RC8B3.1

We invite you to like our pages (FB, Instagram, YouTube) to stay update with our releases, next week also the VISION body for the brushless AE buggy will be announced, both nitro & electric are sold only Pre-Cut to give you the best with max. comfort!

Check out all the amazing features of this body at --> www.bittydesign.net/vision-rc8b31

We need a good body option from you guys for the e-buggy too. I love your bodies but they don't have any battery pack clearance.
Evoking1230 and Jcnadeau13 like this.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

We need a good body option from you guys for the e-buggy too. I love your bodies but they don't have any battery pack clearance.
The VISION bodies for Mugen and SWORKz we released in 2019 are sold pre-cut for both the Nitro & Brushless buggy, the next week we will release the AE VISION boduy for their e-buggy, the design has been engineered to have enough clearance for the lipo pack. MP10, Xray, Tekno, Agama and HB are the next!
Evoking1230 and MX304 like this.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
The VISION bodies for Mugen and SWORKz we released in 2019 are sold pre-cut for both the Nitro & Brushless buggy, the next week we will release the AE VISION boduy for their e-buggy, the design has been engineered to have enough clearance for the lipo pack. MP10, Xray, Tekno, Agama and HB are the next!
What about a Truggy body?
Old 03-12-2020, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Swinging by Associated today to pick up a set of the new softer sway bars. Been thinking these were needed for awhile!
Evoking1230 and MX304 like this.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello. I bought an RC8B3.1 and would like to know the measurements of the suspension gemmetry in degrees. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Old 03-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Updated car has been released: https://www.associatedelectrics.com/.../RC8B3.2/Team/

Features

• New suspension arm design with inserts for flex adjustments
  • Longer rear suspension arm length with narrow rear arm mounts
  • New center bulkhead splits and has front/rear specific top halves to prevent brake misalignment
  • Enclosed battery box for quick and easy battery removal
  • Larger receiver box for better wire management
  • One-piece graphite transponder and electronic switch mount
  • Flex Control(r) radio tray has three different configurations for chassis flex adjustment
  • New stiff shock bladder design improves jumping and handling performance
  • Updated shock cap works for bladder or emulsion style shock setups
  • Shorter and lower front bumper reduces drag and allows easier access to anti-roll bar screws
  • I.F.M.A.R. approved rear wing
  • 42T ring and 12T pinion gears on front and rear differentials for improved gear ratios
  • Updated chassis with chamfered front edges to reduce drag
  • Side guards are now threaded into the chassis from the top side of the car
  • 90% parts compatibility with RC8B3.2e
largeorangefont likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.